Hall of Fame

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

venom286 #1 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38564 battles
  • [FARTZ] FARTZ

So in service record you have hall of fame it shows your gaming performance .is this and pr a better statistic to see if you are improving. or do people still go by wn8 ,cause every time i see someone talking about wn8 now its like who cares.anyways i was just wondering what the forums think.

PS good luck reading this 

_Steel_Casket_ #2 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 81327 battles
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
For stat trolls WN8 is everything.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:05

Captain

• Players
  • 21412 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

Hall of fame is for people who like to flex on people by doing good here and there but don't preform good overall. (The number of people say "I'm good because i'm number 1 in some irrelevant tank" is outstanding.) 

Wn8 is still the overall measurement of skill and will be until this game dies (unless something like Wn9 comes out.) If you ever want to measure your improvement and see where you can get better, Wn8 is the best. Its not just about trolls and insulting bad players. 

InfinityShadow #4 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:17

Captain

• Players
  • 14061 battles
It can go both ways. I personally like to look at peoples personal rating for skill, since wn8 can be padded pretty good. You can see some people with good WN8 and when you look at their personal rating they are meh with 1600 battles in a T67 or some crap.

ElPuffMo #5 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32685 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

wn8 is imperfect, but it remains the single best overall indicator of how an individual contributes. Other metrics like win rate, PR, or hall of fame do help to complete the picture. Top clans or tourney teams don't just look at numbers, however, since qualities like play style, specialty, & player personality are important factors to consider. Winning more games and doing more damage are different goals, and, although they are strongly correlated, they are not going to lead to the same statistics. So if you are just looking for a quantifiable way to monitor your improvement, it's probably best to use several stats instead of relying just on one. Keep in mind that all these things can and do get manipulated. 

P.S. InfinityShadow is always correct in every opinion he has on every topic. And he is a sweetiepie!

churchill50 #6 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 17696 battles
  • [SEIKO] SEIKO

Really, Wn8 is the better metric, with one caveat. As many of the creators of Wn8 have pointed out over the years, you can't take Wn8 by itself. You use it in addition to things like winrate, average tier, tank type, and dpg to truly evaluate a player's skill. Wn8 alone can be far too misleading, since it can be padded.

InfinityShadow #7 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 01:26

Captain

• Players
  • 14061 battles

View PostElPuffMo, on Nov 09 2018 - 01:21, said:

wn8 is imperfect, but it remains the single best overall indicator of how an individual contributes. Other metrics like win rate, PR, or hall of fame do help to complete the picture. Top clans or tourney teams don't just look at numbers, however, since qualities like play style, specialty, & player personality are important factors to consider. Winning more games and doing more damage are different goals, and, although they are strongly correlated, they are not going to lead to the same statistics. So if you are just looking for a quantifiable way to monitor your improvement, it's probably best to use several stats instead of relying just on one. Keep in mind that all these things can and do get manipulated. 

P.S. InfinityShadow is always correct in every opinion he has on every topic. And he is a sweetiepie!

There for a second i thought i was getting some sarcastic salt lol. How ya been?

But like she said combining things is always good. When i go to judge someone I look at their PR and then their average XP per vehicle.

Also playing for damage and WR are different. Doing high damage at the end of the game is pretty much useless if you are on the defense, but doing high damage at strategic moments in the battle or through out the battle is important. I've had games where i did very little in the way of damage but held off tanks which lead to victories.

UnturnedLeaf #8 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 16:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24302 battles
  • [DG-HD] DG-HD

WN8 would be more meaningful in this game if it factored in light tank spot cred more realistically. especially since so much of a battle is "hey light tank, go SPOT!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users