Noon Report: Binocs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Snyper1689 #1 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 05:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 515 battles
  • [WDTAC] WDTAC

I am am less than 500 battles, and without a single crew skill, and bad stats. I am at tier 4 grinding most things Russian. 

I bought a KV 220-2 and a SU-100Y. I've usually play the box tank like a second line heavy but just now spent 500000 credits on binocs and what a big difference they make. My destruction by invisible tanks has gone way down. 

death_stryker #2 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 05:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

If putting binos on a literal barn allows you to not get outspotted, I think you might wanna reconsider how you play the thing. A lot of the playerbase really antagonizes camping, but what they don't realize is that sitting on a corner on the front line with a fat, paper, turretless TD is worse. Try to find positions where you can get shots on opponents without worrying about getting shot back, whether it's by utilizing hard cover (things that can't be shot or spotted through) or soft cover (everything else, such as bushes, ridgelines). Don't rely on your own view range; instead find spots where teammates can spot for you.

My boxtank crew is probably worse than yours, and I certainly don't run binos (please reconsider your decision), but I have no problem finding shots, because I let my teammates do the dirty work:trollface:

It's a symbiosis, really. The box doesn't get shot up, and the spotters gain great cover fire.

Hurk #3 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 52075 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

the su100y is what me and friends call the party barge. we swear that tank has balloons and lights in the sky above it. it cannot hide from the night in the noon day sun. 

the trick to playing it is, 

1. have a good sense of humor. you are going to get owned a lot. 

2. pay attention to the premium ammo on it... its the best premium ammo in game... more damage for less pen, if you can aim, and if you are top tier, it can really make a mess of someone.

3. support other tanks so that you arent the only target. dont get so far behind that everyone in front of you dies before you play. but also dont be the guy in front. 

4. embrace the derp of the gun. i recommend playing this before starting your match and letting it run in the background: https://www.youtube....h?v=DgBDl_6ffXQ

conan_the_tank #4 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 18:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29336 battles

Learn to use those range circles on your mini-map, and position your tank accordingly.  They are more important than hiding in bushes or using binocs (not that these are bad things).  Let others on your team spot enemies for you.  The thing to understand is that if an enemy is outside your spotting range, but within your view range, you can shoot at them and they are unlikely to see you, even if you're driving a barn.

Just don't try to use this strategy on Ensk :)

Good luck!

Waarheid #5 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 18:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10525 battles
If you can afford to increase your view range, do it. There's nothing wrong about a TD being able to do its own spotting, and binocs can be transferred for free as you move up the line. Even when you more up to an aggressive position, extra spotting distance is an advantage. It doesn't just help you see further, it helps you negate camo and bushes. 

Edited by Waarheid, Nov 09 2018 - 18:52.

Mokoma #6 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 21:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 13978 battles

View PostHurk, on Nov 09 2018 - 09:42, said:

the su100y is what me and friends call the party barge. we swear that tank has balloons and lights in the sky above it. it cannot hide from the night in the noon day sun. 

the trick to playing it is, 

1. have a good sense of humor. you are going to get owned a lot. 

2. pay attention to the premium ammo on it... its the best premium ammo in game... more damage for less pen, if you can aim, and if you are top tier, it can really make a mess of someone.

3. support other tanks so that you arent the only target. dont get so far behind that everyone in front of you dies before you play. but also dont be the guy in front. 

4. embrace the derp of the gun. i recommend playing this before starting your match and letting it run in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgBDl_6ffXQ

I’d argue that the best premium ammo in the game is the APCR round for the French mid tier 105 (mostly for the ARL 44), much higher penetration than AP (223, iirc?) PLUS 10% more damage (330 vs 300). It’s absolutely ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users