Completed MT12-4 first try....in a Tier X

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Staz211 #1 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 26922 battles

The first personal campaign was still fairly new when I stopped playing WoT, and it never particularly interested me. I never get around to grabbing the T-55a or OBJ 260 before I began my three years hiatus, and upon my return earlier this year I decided to actually make a half butted effort to earn both vehicles.

Welp, today I finally got around the last personal mission before MT15-4...MT12-4 (The Incinerator).  Great, one of those stupid "set crap on fire" missions. They're always a pain and the butt, and take forever to complete. Let's look at the details...set a vehicle on fire that is your tier or higher, and do 3,000 damage? Ok, so spamming a quick firing gun at Tier VI isn't the best option. I guess I'll just complete it at Tier VIII, but I really don't feel like playing Tier VIIIs right now.

Oh well, I'll worry about that mission later. Let me just hop into my OBJ 140 to play a random match for the hell of it..........

Yup; set the BC on fire the very first game after selecting MT12-4, saving me countless matches of frustration trying to get this God forsaken fire mission done. 

By far the luckiest thing to happen in my 6+ years of WoT. I expect my RNG to be absolute garbage for the next week or so.

But hey, at least I only had to worry about that stupid fire mission for about 10 minutes :great:

Now to find a way to do 3,500 damage to TDs.......:amazed:

But_She_Said_She_Was_18 #2 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 14:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36966 battles
  • [GG2EZ] GG2EZ
Nice lol. RNG giveth

Staz211 #3 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 26922 battles

View PostBut_She_Said_She_Was_18, on Nov 09 2018 - 08:55, said:

Nice lol. RNG giveth

Yes, RNG giveth, but oh does RNG also taketh away. 

She is a cruel mistress. 

OctavariumDT8 #4 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 16:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47256 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View PostStaz211, on Nov 09 2018 - 15:55, said:

The first personal campaign was still fairly new when I stopped playing WoT, and it never particularly interested me. I never get around to grabbing the T-55a or OBJ 260 before I began my three years hiatus, and upon my return earlier this year I decided to actually make a half butted effort to earn both vehicles.

Welp, today I finally got around the last personal mission before MT15-4...MT12-4 (The Incinerator).  Great, one of those stupid "set crap on fire" missions. They're always a pain and the butt, and take forever to complete. Let's look at the details...set a vehicle on fire that is your tier or higher, and do 3,000 damage? Ok, so spamming a quick firing gun at Tier VI isn't the best option. I guess I'll just complete it at Tier VIII, but I really don't feel like playing Tier VIIIs right now.

Oh well, I'll worry about that mission later. Let me just hop into my OBJ 140 to play a random match for the hell of it..........

Yup; set the BC on fire the very first game after selecting MT12-4, saving me countless matches of frustration trying to get this God forsaken fire mission done. 

By far the luckiest thing to happen in my 6+ years of WoT. I expect my RNG to be absolute garbage for the next week or so.

But hey, at least I only had to worry about that stupid fire mission for about 10 minutes :great:

Congrats! Each and every one of those "set on fire" missions took me at least 3-4 months to complete, so was 3.5k dmg to TD's. Luckily I bought the TVP and in a few games I met 6 tier 10 TD's on one team and chewed them to the bone.

Hopefully, you will do it with ease and it won't take you as long as it took me to complete them! :) GL!

Staz211 #5 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 26922 battles

View PostOctavariumDT8, on Nov 09 2018 - 10:29, said:

Congrats! Each and every one of those "set on fire" missions took me at least 3-4 months to complete, so was 3.5k dmg to TD's. Luckily I bought the TVP and in a few games I met 6 tier 10 TD's on one team and chewed them to the bone.

Hopefully, you will do it with ease and it won't take you as long as it took me to complete them! :) GL!

Yea. My plan for MT15-4 is OBJ 430U and pray. I mean, 3500 damage to TDs only in a single match? Come on WG. That's just rude. 

ThePigSheFlies #6 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 03:00

Major

• Players
  • 64673 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostStaz211, on Nov 09 2018 - 08:55, said:

grat's.  I chased that one in too many tier 9 battles, and a few in the batchat.  on the 10th battle in my tier 10 TVP, I got a perfect storm of the Cliff Map, and an enemy team of slow heavies/TDs that attempted to go mid.  the enemy never really got out of their side lower bowl.  I wasn't really paying attention to it, and didn't think I was going to get it, especially after spotting one of the skorp G's and not getting a shot into it, as well as not getting shots into the JPZ...

your mileage may vary.  good luck.

Staz211 #7 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 26922 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 09 2018 - 21:00, said:

grat's.  I chased that one in too many tier 9 battles, and a few in the batchat.  on the 10th battle in my tier 10 TVP, I got a perfect storm of the Cliff Map, and an enemy team of slow heavies/TDs that attempted to go mid.  the enemy never really got out of their side lower bowl.  I wasn't really paying attention to it, and didn't think I was going to get it, especially after spotting one of the skorp G's and not getting a shot into it, as well as not getting shots into the JPZ...

your mileage may vary.  good luck.

Damn, that's a nice game. Good work. 

Getting that perfect enemy team composition can be such a pain. When I had the "do 3,500 damage to enemy SPGs" mission selected, I was magically getting games with 0-1 arty per team, including matches where my team had arty and the enemy team didn't....

I expect much of the same for MT15-4, ha.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users