Are Veterans getting anything for their service this year?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #1 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 04:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21336 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

Just like topic title says, are we getting anything this year? I do not see any news or posts about it.

tanks

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 65923 battles

Maybe it's the Veteran's Day timing and the use of "service".

OP are you referring to veteran players or Military Veterans?

Because the latter would hard to prove.  Not really hard to be honest, but hard/time consuming from WG's standpoint re: receiving and reviewing the information.  Especially given multiple nations/branches.

_1204_ #3 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 04:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 701 battles
With it being impossible to distinguish veterans from people wanting bonuses, wg just gives wealth to everyone in the form of trade in offers and x5s

dominator_98 #4 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 04:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 20204 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
They never have in the past, mainly (I assume) because it would be a pain in the butt to prove veteran status for the hundreds of vet players.

1SLUGGO1 #5 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 05:09

Major

• Players
  • 24534 battles
Honestly it’s ok.  I don’t need anything from WG.  Just happy to be here.  Everyone should enjoy the x5 and whatever they offer.

Plenty of discounts and freebies by restaurants and stores this weekend anyway.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 05:10

Major

• Players
  • 65923 battles

Just noticed your nick OP.  Don't know if this fits, but plus one anyway.

_Katyusha___ #7 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 05:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14478 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
Everyone in the internet is a veteran, lol.

thandiflight #8 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 05:41

Major

• Players
  • 80439 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Wargaming will give you the opportunity for you to give them more of your money

tod914 #9 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 05:49

Major

• Players
  • 59253 battles
In the past you needed to submit a service picture of yourself.  Safe to say they are not running it this year.

Edited by tod914, Nov 11 2018 - 05:49.

GenErwinRommel #10 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 06:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 62478 battles
  • [CATF] CATF

this is Russian world of tanks what do you think

they hacked are elections

got spies everywhere

Baron_Von_Cheeto #11 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 06:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 52742 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

As a Vet I don’t expect anything extra. It was a honor to serve my country. I think more should serve, it’s was some of the best times of my life. Along with some of the worst. So all of you that are Vets I wish for you a peaceful day with your friends and families. Knowing in your heart you had the stones to step up. While a lot of people usually with the biggest mouths never did.  

For me I don’t need a thank you for your service and I don’t except anything from WG. What I expect from all that can is to vote. I expect you to hold your government to account for what they do or don’t do. I expect you to realize both Democrats and Republicans serve. I expect you to realize all races serve. I expect you to realize all religions serve in our military. And I expect you to realize when ever a service member got in a bad spot when they called for help. They did not care what group the guy belonged to comes from, just that they came to help. 

If if I had my wish and wave a my hand and change America I would wish this. 99% of Republicans are not fascists and 99% Democrats are not trying to ruin the country. The hatred I see for your fellow Americans turns my stomach. We have non domestic country’s and persons that want to see us fail. They would love to see us eat each other. I consider all vets as family and yes even Jar Heads. 

Tomorrow you will hopefully spend the day with family and friends, vet or not. Let me remind you there is another family you belong to. It’s the American family. 

And of course let’s be clear. 

The 82nd Airborne Division is the greatest light infantry division in the history of the world. And always will be. 

Edited by Baron_Von_Cheeto, Nov 11 2018 - 06:36.

atila_xD #12 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 06:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7126 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
This is literally a video game, i hope you realize.

Armodeus #13 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 07:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18961 battles

View PostBaron_Von_Cheeto, on Nov 11 2018 - 06:34, said

The 82nd Airborne Division is the greatest light infantry division in the history of the world. And always will be. 

Amen Brother. Amen.

BlackFive #14 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 07:20

Major

• Players
  • 29775 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

JHazus Fhak OP

Go show off your stolen valor at Denny's; they'll hook you up.

Zwinmar #15 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 14:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 16139 battles
  • [80PRF] 80PRF
Why the ......would we get anything from a russian gaming company? Why should we get anything from them?

Samurai_RAC #16 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 16:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16004 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View PostBaron_Von_Cheeto, on Nov 11 2018 - 06:34, said:

As a Vet I don’t expect anything extra. It was a honor to serve my country. I think more should serve, it’s was some of the best times of my life. Along with some of the worst. So all of you that are Vets I wish for you a peaceful day with your friends and families. Knowing in your heart you had the stones to step up. While a lot of people usually with the biggest mouths never did.  

For me I don’t need a thank you for your service and I don’t except anything from WG. What I expect from all that can is to vote. I expect you to hold your government to account for what they do or don’t do. I expect you to realize both Democrats and Republicans serve. I expect you to realize all races serve. I expect you to realize all religions serve in our military. And I expect you to realize when ever a service member got in a bad spot when they called for help. They did not care what group the guy belonged to comes from, just that they came to help. 

If if I had my wish and wave a my hand and change America I would wish this. 99% of Republicans are not fascists and 99% Democrats are not trying to ruin the country. The hatred I see for your fellow Americans turns my stomach. We have non domestic country’s and persons that want to see us fail. They would love to see us eat each other. I consider all vets as family and yes even Jar Heads. 

Tomorrow you will hopefully spend the day with family and friends, vet or not. Let me remind you there is another family you belong to. It’s the American family. 

Well said Baron!! As an old tanker I am proud to have served!!

ZsaszIX #17 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 16:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 48161 battles

https://thearmoredpa...day-of-premium/

Invalid as of 11-11-18 9:25 sm CST

Morpheus32 #18 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 16:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19365 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC

Well said.  I have served two overseas tours on exchange with the US Army and speak fluent "american".  I don't expect anything for my service...it is not about me...it is about those we lost and those who continue to hurt.  I despise any vet who first thought is "what is in it for me".  

For the record, I have my US jump wings with the 82nd but I did my first tour in Afghanistan with 3rd Bde, 101st Airborne and remain forever a Rakkasan.  

Beepboopbeep_1 #19 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 17:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 621 battles
  • [LUL] LUL

View PostGenErwinRommel, on Nov 11 2018 - 06:10, said:

this is Russian world of tanks what do you think

they hacked are elections

got spies everywhere

Who's elections? Obviously not the US elections as its pretty obvious you speak garbage English.

Northernlights_5 #20 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 18:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12576 battles

Well said and may you enjoy your time with family and friends. Never forget

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users