* * * * * 1 votes

Update 1.3 Common Test Feedback

1.3 common test common test public test public

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Update 1.3 Common Test (39 members have cast votes)

Are you looking forward to update 1.3?

1. Yes (17 votes [43.59%])

Percentage of vote: 43.59%

2. No (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Not Sure (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

If you haven't participated in this Common Test, what feature are you most looking forward to?

1. Large Decal Customization options (1 vote [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

2. Personal Missions tweaks (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

3. New Map: Hinterland (1 vote [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. Map Rebalance: Fisherman's bay, Himmseldorf, Mannerheim Line, Pilsen (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. All of them (10 votes [25.64%])

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

6. None of them (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

7. Not Applicable, Participated in CT (10 votes [25.64%])

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

If you participated in this Common Test, which feature are you most looking forward to?

1. Large Decal Customization options (3 votes [6.52%])

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

2. Personal Missions tweaks (5 votes [10.87%])

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

3. New Map: Hinterland (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. Map Rebalance: Fisherman's bay, Himmseldorf, Mannerheim Line, Pilsen (10 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

5. All of them (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. None of them (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

7. Not Applicable, didn't participate (24 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

Did you participate in this Common Test?

1. Yes (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (26 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DomoSapien #1 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 22:51

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, please leave your feedback for the Update 1.3 Common Test version 1 below.

This update includes the introduction of large vehicle decals, balancing tweaks to certain missions under Personal Missions Campaign 2, the new map "Hinterland" as well as balancing tweaks on Fisherman's Bay, Himmelsdorf, Mannerheim Line, and Pilsen.

Feel free to check out the full Patch Notes (and instructions on how to participate in the Common Test) by heading over to the article on our news portal.

Looking forward to compiling your feedback and getting it in the right hands :)

iDestroya #2 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 22:55

Captain

• Players
  • 54979 battles
  • [LMAO] LMAO
Common test was using up 90-97% of my CPU for some reason. Everything was freezing. I had to kill it. Current WOT client uses 20% in comparison. This needs further optimization.

Edited by iDestroya, Nov 13 2018 - 23:03.

Cowcat137 #3 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 14239 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I didn't participate, but I know you value my insights so highly that you want them anyway:

1. Arty stinks

2. Maps stink

3. gold ammo...also stinks

4. everything stinks 

_BBaby #4 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles

You trolls ruined my perfect spot at fisherman's bay to spot the whole enemy team and stealth fire all day! 

I forgive. I mean it WAS pretty OP and you are adding large decals. That's like 90% of the reason I'm looking at getting KanJPz 105

Scorpiany #5 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:11

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37175 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Map Changes:

Fisherman's Bay: A step in the right direction, just brings us closer back to the pre-HD Fisherman's Bay, which was the better version.

Pilsen: Hard to tell on the test server. Most of the changes feel very minor and insignificant towards gameplay. The buildings near the TD area is a good thing, but it can help both teams (EG side defending from factory can send a tank to the building to be a counter to tanks pushing the factory).

Himmelsdorf: Changes feel alright, they didn't seem very necessary, but I don't think it hurts gameplay. The best change was the rubble pile up on the hill. Everything else seems kind of unecessary.

Artic Region: Northeast team did have fewer defensive positions, but this feels overboard. Now it's a lot easier to defend against the southern push from the northeast, on top of the defense against the north. The southern team feels like it can only really excel defending against the north in comparison.

Decals:

I have no complaints about the decals. They're a cool concept, and continue to expand on the customization many players have wanted. I do look forwards to seeing more customization options, such as logs, chains, netting, etc. in the future, if customization continues to be developed as planned.

Mission Changes:

Excalibur: The changes to the Excalibur missions were necessary; since they just took too long to complete before. The tweaks are an improvement.

Obj. 260: The changes to the Platooning missions feel completely unnecessary. The update article claimed that they were changed to make it "easier for solo players to complete", but now it just became more difficult. Doing 6,000 damage in a medium is a lot harder than getting 7 kills of 3 different types. 

Why not give it an option instead - You can do 7 kills of 3 different types as a Platoon, or you can do 6,000 damage solo.

Reward Tank Changes:

Obj. 260: The changes feel nice. The gun was already great, but improving it to make it feel "special" is fine by me. The turret armor buffs were also necessary. I know a lot of people said they felt excessive, but Obj. 260 only has 5 degrees of gun depression on a rather weak hull platform, even when comparing to other "heaviums". As such, giving it a better hull / turret than heaviums, but worse hull / gun depression only makes sense to me.

T-55A: These changes should have been made as soon as the T-54 got its turret armor buffed. The moment T-54 got its turret buffs, and then gun changes, the T-55A became completely irrelevant as a tank. These changes finally bring it back to the spotlight, which is of course a good thing - I just don't understand why it took this long to make these changes.

Grand Battles:

Grand Battles should be a separate game mode available for selection. That way when you want to test Grand Battles, you can just select them - Kind of like you would with Frontlines. It's hard to test a Grand Battles map if you keep ending up in Random Battles.

Bots:

I didn't test the bots, so I can't say whether they're any good or not. However, I'm completely fine with the concept of adding bots to lower Tiers to speed up queue times.

However, I do think that bots should be limited to Tiers 1-3. Taking them all the way up to Tier 5 seems excessive.

Edited by Scorpiany, Nov 14 2018 - 18:29.

GWyatt #6 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4208 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostiDestroya, on Nov 13 2018 - 16:55, said:

Common test was using up 90-97% of my CPU for some reason. Everything was freezing. I had to kill it. Current WOT client uses 20% in comparison. This needs further optimization.

Watched a CC streamer try to play on the common test server last night. The game very quickly became unplayable as CPU usage went out of sight. FPS dropped to about 15.

Crabybaby #7 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25853 battles

View PostiDestroya, on Nov 13 2018 - 21:55, said:

Been having the same problem.  My frames have dropped by about half.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #8 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:41

Captain

• Players
  • 35008 battles

tried out a few battles to test the autoloading IS-3A. FPS had dropped dramatically, sound was screwed up and too much prem spam as usual so I left the test server after 2 battles. Fix your crap WG. 

Oh, can we please get a large bullseye for the top of our tanks? It should only be for tier VIII premium vehicles. Arty needs to spot them sooner and easier. 

TouchingPermanently #9 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 23:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 53709 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
stop making missions easier.

IndygoEEI #10 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 61739 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View PostAlirezaTheLord, on Nov 13 2018 - 17:44, said:

stop making missions easier.

So you really enjoyed the Grindfest that was Excalibur campaign?

BTW, also having the CPU bug...

Edited by IndygoEEI, Nov 14 2018 - 00:46.

Cowcat137 #11 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 03:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 14239 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I would like a "KICK ME" sign for my tanks

DomoSapien #12 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 16:59

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14961 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostiDestroya, on Nov 13 2018 - 15:55, said:

View PostIndygoEEI, on Nov 13 2018 - 17:44, said:

So you really enjoyed the Grindfest that was Excalibur campaign?

BTW, also having the CPU bug...

If it's not too much trouble could you folks PM me WGCheck reports? I want to attach them to my feedback report in hopes that whatever's causing the CPU issue you're experiencing will get squashed ASAP

IndygoEEI #13 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 18:19

Major

• Players
  • 61739 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 14 2018 - 10:59, said:

If it's not too much trouble could you folks PM me WGCheck reports? I want to attach them to my feedback report in hopes that whatever's causing the CPU issue you're experiencing will get squashed ASAP

As soon as I get a chance, I will...

Edited by IndygoEEI, Nov 14 2018 - 18:20.

TouchingPermanently #14 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 53709 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
again my complain is about missions. Why are some missions designed for you to rely on teammates? Is that skill? like we all know there are a lot of bots out there and imagine you have spotting and tracking mission. Like they would shoot the crapyou spot or track. This is not skill but all luck. 

Mikosah #15 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
Its not as though any of these changes are bad, its just that none of these seem even remotely related to the major problems right in front of us. How's the ammo rework doing? What about some MM fixes? The Asia server is now testing some interesting tweaks to the system, why wasn't the same done here months ago when everyone and his brother suggested precisely the idea that the dev team are just now stumbling into. "Six months" they say....

PipeMajor #16 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 20:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22653 battles

A little feedback from a mediocre player:  I've got a 46.18% winrate (and sinking) and have been playing for a long time, about seven years and just under 20K games.  I rarely play any tier higher than VI because I'm not good enough to play the top tiers.  I have noticed that in the last few months the game seems to be getting harder to play, i.e I die more often and my side looses more often.  As my winrate sinks, so does my enjoyment of the game.  Seems like 90% of the time I'm bottom tier.  Would be nice to be in top tier once in awhile.  Don't really have a reason for writing this.  Just would like to see the game somehow not get too hard for us mediocre players. 

In an attempt to counter some of the negative comments that get messaged to players like me, I try to compliment other players when I see someone have a really good score.  I think it helps to keep a positive attitude and maybe offsets some of the negative comments some of the other players send out.  So, cheers everyone!  Remember, it's just a game, so try to have fun and play nice, kids!

driveon #17 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 02:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 32477 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 13 2018 - 21:51, said:

Tankers, please leave your feedback for the Update 1.3 Common Test version 1 below.

This update includes the introduction of large vehicle decals, balancing tweaks to certain missions under Personal Missions Campaign 2, the new map "Hinterland" as well as balancing tweaks on Fisherman's Bay, Himmelsdorf, Mannerheim Line, and Pilsen.

Feel free to check out the full Patch Notes (and instructions on how to participate in the Common Test) by heading over to the article on our news portal.

Looking forward to compiling your feedback and getting it in the right hands :)

Request:  please provide means to sell or trade personal reserves.   I have several I will never use.  Also I would like to reduce number of different personal reserves to simplify selection.   A nice to have thing would be the ability to list them in preferential order.  Thank you.  Cordially,  Drive On!

nrnstraswa #18 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 17:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16434 battles
  • [AJ] AJ
Not interested in 1.3 until you propose some tech tree tank rebalances please. 

Edited by nrnstraswa, Nov 30 2018 - 17:02.

Derpomagix #19 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 17:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5350 battles

I didn't participate in the Common Test or anything but I'd like to give my noobish 2 cents on the current game.

As a newer player on WoT PC, I'd like to make some suggestions for ya, Wargaming.

First off, I am fine with arty and matchmaking. Both are often annoying but I accept them for what they are.

From my point of view - a newer player - here are some points to mull over.
 - P2W tanks. We know that you need to monetize your game, but there are other ways of monetizing a game than bringing out ever more powerful tanks. Please stop this trend. I'm getting fed up of videos from CC's who are getting really annoyed about this!
 - RNG. Not talking about damage or penetration here - what happens there is life, I just accept and move on. It's dispersion which is really annoying. I found out recently that there was an accuracy nerf a while back. Why? This has only made the game more frustrating, especially for newer players. I have a few friends who play Blitz, and tried PC, they could hardly hit anything. In Blitz, ranges are so short that dispersion hardly matters. But in PC ranges are greater and therefore dispersion should be better. Final parting note - there is a reason why your competitors market their games with the phrase "Tired of dispersion? Try [insert game here]!"
 - Maps. Not everyone likes Russian heavies/mediums, please reduce the amount of corridor maps in the game. And if you insist on giving us maps like Ensk (which is the size of a Blitz map) at tier 10, please enlarge them. Also, I think that certain battlegrounds from World War 2 are rather neglected - take the Battle of the Bulge for example. Please do a few more historical maps! It adds that much more authenticity to the game.

Lastly - I have a whack load of premium vehicles. I have money to spend on this game, but I'm pretty much done with premiums. The only exception will be the wheeled vehicles when they come out.
So, want more of my money? Two things: Skins, and accessories. The skins from the loot boxes look so epic. Keep em coming, and put em in the shop; and include tiers 7, 8, and 9 as well as 10. For accessories, I mean physical objects that can be attached to a user's preference. Like, camo bushes or additional tracks/machine guns/packs for decoration ONLY - not to provide any gameplay advantage.

I don't know if other forumers agree on these points, it's just my 2 cents.

GoHardLikeDonaldTruump #20 Posted Dec 16 2018 - 23:15

Private

• Players
  • 15799 battles
PLEASE WG DO NOT MESS WITH THE AMMO OF THIS GAME IT IS FINE AND DOES NOT NEED TO BE MESSED WITH YOU WILL KILL THE GAME!!! The ammo is fine and if you mess with the ammo of the game many players will be pissed also you already have to pay so much for ammo no need to mess with it

Also tagged with 1.3, common, test, common test, public test, public

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users