64 replies to this topic

cloudwalkr #61 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 21:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54839 battles

View Post_Steel_Casket_, on Nov 14 2018 - 23:18, said:

They are a bad joke

Your posting is the bad joke.

OP, I'm on the fence with them.  I'll continue to play them, but I do see areas for improvement for sure.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 22 2018 - 22:10.

littlebigman1 #62 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 00:27

Private

• Players
  • 25322 battles
I love it.    We need variety, especially those of us who have been on the game for a long time.     I don't mind the regular stuff, but the different type of battles helps.

shrineking1 #63 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 00:45

Private

• Players
  • 15157 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

Hello Wargaming and fellow Tankers,

First let me start with thank you for trying something new and allowing us to test it. Overall my feelings towards Tier 8 Grand Battles is that I truly enjoyed it. I found it to have new challenges, desired teamwork focus, and in most cases it was fun. That all I feel there are some major pro's and con's that exist with this.

Pro's:

Allowance of larger battles with more tanks on the field

SPG and Scout Friendly allowing for overall better performance

Single Tier Matches allowing for much more level playing field

Con's:

Maps not so friendly to slow tanks

A lot of open field on the maps making Heavy Tank game play tougher

Match silver rewards are lacking and very possible to lose silver more often due to need of ammo costs to deal with tanks that are very difficult to pen at tier 8.

Some notations I have for things I couldn't quite figure out was that any time I attempted to queue up from 6 am to 4 pm eastern time it never seemed to actually have a grand battle occur. Once it was later in the day though it did seem to occur just about every other fight.

As many others are mentioning I did enjoy Frontline more than Grand Battles due to not being entirely screwed out of a fight by a single death and also the rewards were nicer. The other note was the engagement goals were different which made it more interesting for me as well. 

I would not only like to see Grand Battles and Frontline for Tier 6, 8, and 10 but would also like to see new objectives/modes as well. Such as maybe more PvE oriented combat, accumulated score combats similar to games like Battlefield, convoy defense, and other things like this. 

I am working on creating a youtube video with more specific details and review on Grand Battles and will update this post with a link when it is uploaded. 

Hope to see more fun and interesting things coming to this game,

Shrineking

steelrain97 #64 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 23:21

Captain

• Players
  • 42777 battles
Exactly why is WG still making community feedback threads when its clear they give 2 $#!t$ what the community actually thinks.

ConnorAnLuan #65 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 21:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16596 battles
  • [LEARN] LEARN

I have stumbled across the Grand Battle feedback thread a bit late. 

I enjoyed the single tier play. The teamwork required made for a better experience. I would be happy to see more Grand Battles, 6, 8 and 10. 

The only advantage in play was the ability to respawn in the Frontline style of battle. I would be very happy to see offerings of each style. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users