Incoming Common Test 1.3!

KRZY CT Common Test

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

hikerjon1 #21 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 20:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38142 battles
What will drop first, 1.3 or the holiday event? (or will they be the same update?)

NemoKeine #22 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 20:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 17595 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1

View PostYANKEE137, on Nov 29 2018 - 13:57, said:

I own the thing, and it needs something to make it worth playing again, but even I agree it looks like that 122mm alpha is just way too much for a tier 8. I've suggested many times they test a 100mm.  Since they aren't doing that I'll make one more suggestion: don't sell it until the current (few) owners play theirs for a month or so. If it is too OP the game won't be flooded with unstoppable tanks.  Unstoppable and un-nerfable because premiums. 

Is this self serving? You could say that, but I say better 200 OP tanks in the wild than 2000.

I agree it does need some love, my brother has one that I have played alongside.  Past experience however has shown that "waiting for WG to make changes to OP tanks" is foolish given how long we had to endure many "broken" tanks for patch after patch while WG "collected more data" on the issues.  It truly feels like once WG decides on something being "perfect" they are very reluctant to listen to player feedback to make even minor adjustments to save face.  Also, what is the point of putting things on a TEST server if they do not iterate the design/balance any.  I think it would be a really interesting tank if they gave it an auto-reloading 100 mm with the mechanic of the fastest reload being when the mag is empty, give it a VERY different play style for a Russian HT premium and reduce the scale of the initial burst damage down to 750 from over 1k.

KRZYBooP #23 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 21:24

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3842 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostAranai, on Nov 22 2018 - 20:59, said:

So hey maybe instead of balancing 2 tanks maybe you could balance 12?

I mean, the IS-4, the Kranvagn, the Panzer VII, M4 54 French Heavy and Grille 15 are all underwhelming and frankly quite powercreeped.

What is the point of only balancing TWO VEHICLES?!

Massive balance changes should be done MONTHLY on at bare minimum 5 tanks.

What is the problem with the balance team in Belarus? Its seriously NOT THAT HARD to balance a game and if you did it enough and didn't cash grab at every damn turn you might actually be able to make a mistake here and there without it RUINING YOUR GAME FOR MONTHS.

Can you hurry up and hire people from America who actually will bother with balancing the game Frequently? For the love of god.....

Tanks are constantly being Balanced and adjusted. The more you add to the game the more intricate and delicate balancing gets. Most recently they rebalanced Pref MM tanks, almost all of them in one patch, and I can assure you that there will be even more balance changes too come. There is over 500 tanks in the game with many things to consider. The IS-3A is getting a new mechanic added that will certainly change how the tank will be played and look forward to the new challenges. 

View PostiDestroya, on Nov 23 2018 - 16:39, said:

I have tried the 2nd iteration. CPU usage is still way up there, about 40-60%. Needs to optimize further.

Please be sure to post any feedback like this to the feedback thread from Domo

View Postspedkey, on Nov 27 2018 - 19:35, said:

Is it still live?

Yes!

View PostSniper, on Nov 29 2018 - 12:33, said:

Was there anything changed between the 2nd and 3rd iteration? The news page doesn't have anything

I am hoping for improvements to CPU usage but don't have any additional information other than what the website states. 

makalu2k6 #24 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 21:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68044 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA
Any idea on when 1.3 go live in NA.

spedkey #25 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 01:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15618 battles
I'm pretty sure the Common Test uses an old DB, but is there any way to reset the password there? I can't remember it since I changed it in the live servers a while ago.

Ta_Hun_Kwai #26 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 05:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17058 battles

View Postspedkey, on Nov 29 2018 - 16:14, said:

I'm pretty sure the Common Test uses an old DB, but is there any way to reset the password there? I can't remember it since I changed it in the live servers a while ago.

I think the test server just uses your current password just old stats

Also will the m41d be able to be tested on this test server?

Ndtm #27 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 06:41

Major

• Players
  • 17694 battles

View Postspedkey, on Nov 30 2018 - 01:14, said:

The test server takes a snapshot of the live servers like a month or something before it goes up (so whatever your password is then is what it'll be), and no, you can't change the password

nrnstraswa #28 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 16:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16258 battles
  • [AJ] AJ

View PostAranai, on Nov 22 2018 - 20:59, said:

So hey maybe instead of balancing 2 tanks maybe you could balance 12?

I mean, the IS-4, the Kranvagn, the Panzer VII, M4 54 French Heavy and Grille 15 are all underwhelming and frankly quite powercreeped.

What is the point of only balancing TWO VEHICLES?!

Massive balance changes should be done MONTHLY on at bare minimum 5 tanks.

What is the problem with the balance team in Belarus? Its seriously NOT THAT HARD to balance a game and if you did it enough and didn't cash grab at every damn turn you might actually be able to make a mistake here and there without it RUINING YOUR GAME FOR MONTHS.

Can you hurry up and hire people from America who actually will bother with balancing the game Frequently? For the love of god.....

Agreed. So many underpowered tanks in this game, not to mention the Polish lower tiers need fixes to their stock guns. (25TP I'm looking at you)  40TP needs buffs as well. Its not just tier 10 that needs help, all nations and many tiers have powercreeped tanks in their lines that need adjustments. T-34-2 is a prime example. 

Also tagged with KRZY, CT, Common Test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users