Jump to content


I wish XVM would use player winrate instead of WN8.

XVM WN8 Win Rate

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

 I am currently not using chance to win, but...

 I wish XVM had the option to give chance to win based off of the teams total winrate / 15. After all if there is a unicum on your team you essentially have an automatic 60% chance to win no matter what. If you have a bot on your team you automatically have a 40% chance to win. I know this is a very broad generalization, but you get the point. Especially when you start aggregating the results it should get closer to reality.

 Not that chance to win based off of WN8 isn't accurate, I'd just like to see the option to see how it worked. Maybe combo chance to win based off of cumulative WN8 and Winrate combined. And have it total the columns for you on the tab screen, cumulative WN8, cumulative average win rate, and cumulative # of battles played. 



_Steel_Casket_ #2 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 82496 battles
  • 1,060
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
  • Member since:
    07-09-2012
XVM should be removed...Stats in wot are a friggin' joke.

_Promote_Synergy_ #3 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16137 battles
  • 1,266
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    09-30-2013
Just remove XVM and do your best. After that, there is nothing more you can do.

Devil__Anse #4 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 1806 battles
  • 272
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
I wish they'd ban xvm...its nothing but toxicity mod

Almighty_Johnson #5 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22875 battles
  • 2,095
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

XVM was never designed to accurately predict win percentage.  While WN8 is a component in determining player skill, there are a host of other factors that can influence a match.  Just turn off that win percent feature, it's fatally flawed and will only cause you frustration.

XVM is fine if you're working on your own skills and tracking your progress over time, but for competitive comparison in real time, it's junk.



1stTanks #6 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:50

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 36466 battles
  • 465
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Nov 14 2018 - 19:33, said:

 I am currently not using chance to win, but...

 I wish XVM had the option to give chance to win based off of the teams total winrate / 15. After all if there is a unicum on your team you essentially have an automatic 60% chance to win no matter what. If you have a bot on your team you automatically have a 40% chance to win. I know this is a very broad generalization, but you get the point. Especially when you start aggregating the results it should get closer to reality.

 Not that chance to win based off of WN8 isn't accurate, I'd just like to see the option to see how it worked. Maybe combo chance to win based off of cumulative WN8 and Winrate combined. And have it total the columns for you on the tab screen, cumulative WN8, cumulative average win rate, and cumulative # of battles played. 

 

I wish XVM didn’t exist. 

24_inch_pythons #7 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Nov 14 2018 - 13:46, said:

XVM was never designed to accurately predict win percentage.  While WN8 is a component in determining player skill, there are a host of other factors that can influence a match.  Just turn off that win percent feature, it's fatally flawed and will only cause you frustration.

XVM is fine if you're working on your own skills and tracking your progress over time, but for competitive comparison in real time, it's junk.

 

I don't have chance to win turned on, but XVM is very accurate in predicting chance to win. People seem to get really confused about what XVM does and doesn't do. XVM never says you will lose this battle. XVM never says you will win this battle. XVM just, and only, says that you have a 55% chance to win this battle. Meaning that if you played the exact same battle 100, or even better 1,000 times, your team would win about 55% of those battles and lose about 45% of them. And it would be dead on. But again, it never, ever, ever says this particular battle is a loss, or this particular battle is a win.

Dockmaster #8 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 20:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 42974 battles
  • 5,410
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

+1 to every poaster who came out against XVM.

 

Remove XVM and you remove the most abused metric in the game. I'm getting sick of the suicides and those who refuse to play based on chance to win and stat colors..



BlackFive #9 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 30881 battles
  • 3,660
  • [_E_] _E_
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

WNx (like Efficiency before it) was always a metric to try to predict Win-Rate.

 

Also - WG makes money (LOTS of money) due to XVM and player obsession with stats: they will never ban it



24_inch_pythons #10 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 14 2018 - 13:59, said:

+1 to every poaster who came out against XVM.

 

Remove XVM and you remove the most abused metric in the game. I'm getting sick of the suicides and those who refuse to play based on chance to win and stat colors..

 

 Wargaming should take care of people who suicide and refuse to play based on chance to win and stat colors. But do you really think they need XVM to suicide or refuse to play? Don't you think they will do that because -G- is on the enemy team? Or because the team lemmings or camps? People suicide and refuse to play more because of that than XVM I think.

Backfire_ #11 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 29039 battles
  • 2,280
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013
XVM is badly misused by the rabble and its value is extremely nominal even when used correctly.  Get rid of it.

BigDollarBillz #12 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 37086 battles
  • 3,177
  • [NEON_] NEON_
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
People don't really need xvm to tell what the chance of winning is. If the other team has a platoon of MAHOU and a platoon of -G-. Then they look at their team, they will say screw it and suicide. I personally don't use xvm. But for those that do, I have no problem with it.

cloudwalkr #13 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:09

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 54782 battles
  • 5,206
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

I'm not sure a win rate would be a good metric to go off of.  It's VERY easy to pad win rate and I see people all the time with high rates in the 50% range and some in the 60% range that if you go look up they have thousands of games in a tier 4. 

 

Win rate is honestly easily padded and wouldn't be a good metric in my opinion.  The honest truth of it all is you can't just take one metric and use it to judge someone.  You can't just take win rate, or wn8, or dmg dealt or any of it...solo.  You have to take all that info and put it together to get an idea of how good someone truly is.

 

Suiciding was brought up, I feel WG need to punish each Drowning with a 100k fine plus any repairs and crew lose all xp.  If it happens again within a set number of matches - $200k fine plus all repairs and crew penalties.  If it happens again within a set number of matches - $400k fine plus repairs and loss of xp.

 

This system sounds harsh towards those who accidentally drown but lets be real...how often does someone accidentally drown.  It's happened to me maybe 7 times in 50k+ games.   It would start hitting people in the pocket book and those who drown or suicide regularly would start seeing huge penalties and progression would be that much harder.   Something else that can be done is people simply start reporting them as unsportsmanlike conduct.  If enough do this then they will catch a penalty.  It's been proven that the reports feature works because I've seen people create threads because they were hit with a "afk inaction" sanction....so those reports work, if enough people do it.



24_inch_pythons #14 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Nov 14 2018 - 14:06, said:

People don't really need xvm to tell what the chance of winning is. If the other team has a platoon of MAHOU and a platoon of -G-. Then they look at their team, they will say screw it and suicide. I personally don't use xvm. But for those that do, I have no problem with it.

 

Exactly what I was saying. There is a very famous player who never plays when there are clans on the enemy team. When isn't there clans on the enemy team? People who suicide, yolo or go afk are trolls, Wargaming should remove trolls who hit the battle button but don't play. We know they never will and that is the real problem.

cloudwalkr #15 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:12

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 54782 battles
  • 5,206
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Nov 14 2018 - 21:09, said:

 

Exactly what I was saying. There is a very famous player who never plays when there are clans on the enemy team. When isn't there clans on the enemy team? People who suicide, yolo or go afk are trolls, Wargaming should remove trolls who hit the battle button but don't play. We know they never will and that is the real problem.

 

I know exactly who you're talking about.  Name has a W in it.  It's amazing how players like the one you're talking about aren't perma banned.  Flat amazing.

 

Edit:  You know it's an actual issue with this person because all you have to say is "they don't play when a clan person is in the match" and bam...we all know who you're talking about...even WG.


Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 14 2018 - 21:13.


24_inch_pythons #16 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 14 2018 - 14:09, said:

I'm not sure a win rate would be a good metric to go off of.  It's VERY easy to pad win rate and I see people all the time with high rates in the 50% range and some in the 60% range that if you go look up they have thousands of games in a tier 4. 

 

Win rate is honestly easily padded and wouldn't be a good metric in my opinion.  The honest truth of it all is you can't just take one metric and use it to judge someone.  You can't just take win rate, or wn8, or dmg dealt or any of it...solo.  You have to take all that info and put it together to get an idea of how good someone truly is.

 

Suiciding was brought up, I feel WG need to punish each Drowning with a 100k fine plus any repairs and crew lose all xp.  If it happens again within a set number of matches - $200k fine plus all repairs and crew penalties.  If it happens again within a set number of matches - $400k fine plus repairs and loss of xp.

 

This system sounds harsh towards those who accidentally drown but lets be real...how often does someone accidentally drown.  It's happened to me maybe 7 times in 50k+ games.   It would start hitting people in the pocket book and those who drown or suicide regularly would start seeing huge penalties and progression would be that much harder.   Something else that can be done is people simply start reporting them as unsportsmanlike conduct.  If enough do this then they will catch a penalty.  It's been proven that the reports feature works because I've seen people create threads because they were hit with a "afk inaction" sanction....so those reports work, if enough people do it.

 

 I agree with you almost 100% 

That's why I mentioned win rate based off of multiple factors combined, such as team win rate and team WN8.

 I also agree that stat padding can occur, for sure. But if that guy wins 60% of his games in tier IV and you're in a tier IV battle... then what's the difference? But I get what you're saying.

 I like your idea of very strictly penalizing afk, drowners, yoloers, etc. Wargaming needs to remove people who hit the battle button but then refuse to play.

 I don't believe that WG's report system works. Yes, I've seen people come on the forums to complain they've been hit by it too. But that certain player I was referring to is still refusing to fight to this day. He's been banned many times, apparently. He's still hitting the battle button, he's still refusing to play every time there are clans on the enemy team.



Dockmaster #17 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:16

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 42974 battles
  • 5,410
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Nov 14 2018 - 13:02, said:

 

 Wargaming should take care of people who suicide and refuse to play based on chance to win and stat colors. But do you really think they need XVM to suicide or refuse to play? Don't you think they will do that because -G- is on the enemy team? Or because the team lemmings or camps? People suicide and refuse to play more because of that than XVM I think.

 

I agree, that on occasion, a player will see someone from a major clan and decide to suicide or not participate. My take on this is it is the XVM users who see colors and not names.

 

WG needs to incorporate their own metric WGR and have the XVM stats banned from the game.



24_inch_pythons #18 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 25063 battles
  • 4,851
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 14 2018 - 14:12, said:

 

I know exactly who you're talking about.  Name has a W in it.  It's amazing how players like the one you're talking about aren't perma banned.  Flat amazing.

 

Edit:  You know it's an actual issue with this person because all you have to say is "they don't play when a clan person is in the match" and bam...we all know who you're talking about...even WG.

 

Yup, unbelievable that he's still hitting the battle button. Or that bot accounts are allowed to get over 130,000 battles before they get reset...

Not banned, reset...



Cerbium #19 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17802 battles
  • 1,194
  • [GACHI] GACHI
  • Member since:
    10-15-2012
wth, i love xvm even more now

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #20 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 77792 battles
  • 3,258
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 14 2018 - 14:59, said:

+1 to every poaster who came out against XVM.

 

Remove XVM and you remove the most abused metric in the game. I'm getting sick of the suicides and those who refuse to play based on chance to win and stat colors..

 

XVM itself is good as it provides a bunch of usueful features that should be implemented by WG.

It's WN8 that is the root of the problem. XVM just gives you the option to display it in game. That should be removed.

Stop shooting the messenger.


Edited by Lesser_Spotted_Panzer, Nov 14 2018 - 21:28.






Also tagged with XVM, WN8, Win Rate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users