I wish XVM would use player winrate instead of WN8.

XVM WN8 Win Rate

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

JakeTheMystic #21 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:31

Captain

• Players
  • 22280 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

[Targeting the people who want to ban xvm]

Ban xvm and you would essentially kill clans and competitive play. People would be forced to switch to PR and everyone knows how misleading that can be. Want to kill the game faster? This is how you do it. 

I would still rather have wn8 over win rate because win rates can be inaccurate when compared to a players skill ability. Wn8 comparisons show what team has better players and are simply more likely to preform better. I can see where you are coming from, but from my opinion, I would like to keep it as Wn8. 

Though it would be cool to have an option to switch between the two if made available.

cloudwalkr #22 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54782 battles

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Nov 14 2018 - 21:16, said:

I agree with you almost 100% 

That's why I mentioned win rate based off of multiple factors combined, such as team win rate and team WN8.

I also agree that stat padding can occur, for sure. But if that guy wins 60% of his games in tier IV and you're in a tier IV battle... then what's the difference? But I get what you're saying.

I like your idea of very strictly penalizing afk, drowners, yoloers, etc. Wargaming needs to remove people who hit the battle button but then refuse to play.

I don't believe that WG's report system works. Yes, I've seen people come on the forums to complain they've been hit by it too. But that certain player I was referring to is still refusing to fight to this day. He's been banned many times, apparently. He's still hitting the battle button, he's still refusing to play every time there are clans on the enemy team.

Note, I never said a thing about yolo'ers or afk's.  

Yolo'ers, as much as I hate to see them in my games, have every right to yolo if that's what they want to do.  I don't like it, but it's not against game rules.  Afk'ers are a touchy subject and I might be persuaded to go a similar route as drowing punishment I suggested but it's hard to tell if someone has a kid in trouble, front door bell rings...phone calls...life.  So I don't think AFK'ers are a real issue.  No where near as much as losers who drown themselves.

I think the issue with "W" is that WG can't tell someone how to play the game.  So people probably do report him and send in replays but the fact is that we are free to play how we want to play.  If sitting in the corner crying all game is how he want's to play...it's within the rules WG have put in place.  So even though he's one of the most toxic players in the game...he's technically not braking any rules.  

I hate it as much as the next sane person who wants to pay a pvp game, but he's within the rule set to do that.  That's why he's not been banned yet, because WG can't legally ban his account for rules violations because he's not actually braking them...he's just being a pain in the butt.

Edit:  What we could maybe get him on is harassment during the matches and I'd bet those are what got him banned when he was hit.  He harasses anyone in a clan all game long, which IS agasint the rules.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 14 2018 - 21:51.

samael75 #23 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21110 battles
"If we cant see the problem,this problem is resolved" - random dude on WOT forum 2018.(possibly ostrich way earlier)

cloudwalkr #24 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54782 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Nov 14 2018 - 21:31, said:

[Targeting the people who want to ban xvm]

Ban xvm and you would essentially kill clans and competitive play. People would be forced to switch to PR and everyone knows how misleading that can be. Want to kill the game faster? This is how you do it. 

I would still rather have wn8 over win rate because win rates can be inaccurate when compared to a players skill ability. Wn8 comparisons show what team has better players and are simply more likely to preform better. I can see where you are coming from, but from my opinion, I would like to keep it as Wn8. 

Though it would be cool to have an option to switch between the two if made available.

I highly doubt it would kill clans since they were popular and a thing LONG before XVM was even created.  People can and will find ways to "look up stats" without XVM.  I know lots of people who run tabs open with stats showing so they don't worry about it in game.  They check after a match to see what they got.  

Removing XVM wouldn't do a thing to kill clans.  That's a bit of an exaggeration.

WN8 can be padded just as easily as win rates...keep that in mind.  It, alone, is not a good metric.

Edit:  Something else that is flawed with XVM is new tanks.  Take me for example right now.  My recent is arguably trash but I'm grinding the polish line and get 0's for every polish game I play.  So my wn8 is arguably lower than it is in reality right now if you look me up.  So out of my last 600ish battles close to half of those haven't even been recorded.  This is just highlighting a little example of another way WN8 is flawed.  Here in a few months/weeks when the polish line get added I'll probably spike up again like it does every time a new line comes out.

Edited by cloudwalkr, Nov 14 2018 - 22:03.

Joe150 #25 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 21:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 24814 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
If said unicum is on your team but bottom tier or grinding a tank xvm just lied to you.Its good to know the caliber of players on your team but what tank there in matters 1%ers aren't Jedis.

NeatoMan #26 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 26571 battles

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Nov 14 2018 - 14:33, said:

I am currently not using chance to win, but...

I wish XVM had the option to give chance to win based off of the teams total winrate / 15. After all if there is a unicum on your team you essentially have an automatic 60% chance to win no matter what. If you have a bot on your team you automatically have a 40% chance to win. I know this is a very broad generalization, but you get the point. Especially when you start aggregating the results it should get closer to reality.

Not that chance to win based off of WN8 isn't accurate, I'd just like to see the option to see how it worked. Maybe combo chance to win based off of cumulative WN8 and Winrate combined. And have it total the columns for you on the tab screen, cumulative WN8, cumulative average win rate, and cumulative # of battles played. 

It used to do both, but XVM's own in house rating seemed to give better results.   XVM doesn't have win chance anymore, so any win chance you are seeing is not from XVM, but something another mod pack creator made up.  I have no idea how accurate they are now

NeatoMan #27 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 22:26

Major

• Players
  • 26571 battles

View Postsamael75, on Nov 14 2018 - 15:50, said:

"If we cant see the problem,this problem is resolved" - random dude on WOT forum 2018.(possibly ostrich way earlier)

If you can't distinguish between the results you get from the "problem" and the results you get from the "fix" for the problem, is there really a problem to begin with?

golruul #28 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 21581 battles

View PostJoe150, on Nov 14 2018 - 14:54, said:

If said unicum is on your team but bottom tier or grinding a tank xvm just lied to you.Its good to know the caliber of players on your team but what tank there in matters 1%ers aren't Jedis.

It gets better when the unicum is bottom tier arty and the rest of the team isn't good. 

Then when it becomes obvious the team is going to lose, the teammates get extra pissy/ranty because according to XVM they should have were guaranteed to win.

I get lots of laughs watching the commentary in these battles.

Mikosah #29 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 00:41

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
And I wish that if my own performance is at least decent, I won't walk away empty-handed just because the team decided to throw the game. If scoring and earnings properly rewarded individual effort, we wouldn't even be talking about XVM, MM, or many other things that are now considered major problems.

24_inch_pythons #30 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 25063 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostMikosah, on Nov 14 2018 - 17:41, said:

And I wish that if my own performance is at least decent, I won't walk away empty-handed just because the team decided to throw the game. If scoring and earnings properly rewarded individual effort, we wouldn't even be talking about XVM, MM, or many other things that are now considered major problems.

Truth

Rush_91 #31 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 04:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11904 battles
  • [FATED] FATED
I use XVM and have the win % on. I use XVM to track my progress as I attempt to get better at the game and I use the win % to give me an idea of what to do that battle. High win %? I can play aggressively, which is fun for me, and I will likely have some support and if I do make a mistake and get blown away my team can likely still win. Low win %? I'll have to play a bit slower and more cautiously because I'll have to make my HP count because my team will likely need every gun on the field. That's just my 2 cents.

the_Deadly_Bulb #32 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 04:50

Major

• Players
  • 23090 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

XVM removed the CTW portion some time ago.

Several modders have reintroduced it.

Its a simple calc involving the addition of the two teams respective wn8 scores and then making a comparison of them.

The calc changes dynamically as the match progresses.

This means a 40% chance for your team can become a 70% chance if the other team has a couple of over confident unicorns that get sent to the taxidermist early on.

CTW is a cartoon.

People who believe this mod also likely believe in Santa and the egg bunny.

I run a CTW mod and its very often incorrect, both ways. Its interesting to see just how often its wrong, sometimes astonishingly so.

RingZero #33 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 05:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 21216 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostJoe150, on Nov 14 2018 - 12:54, said:

Agreed

NaliCow #34 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 05:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 2905 battles
Just ban XVM already:izmena:

Blue_Light #35 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 06:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27594 battles

All this hand wringing over xvm is amusing. I use it and rarely do I see more than 3 or 4 players on either team using it. Figure 8 at most a game will have xvm.  Its not like 25 players in a match are using it. 

Sheesh.

Also tagged with XVM, WN8, Win Rate

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users