Welcome to a thread about Clan Wars

me mine us we ours you them context is overrated release the audio

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Chivalry is dead (70 members have cast votes)

Charles Sniper is a free agent?

1. Yes (9 votes [12.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.86%

2. Yes (4 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

3. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...rrrr... (38 votes [54.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.29%

4. No (19 votes [27.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.14%

RELIC is bad still

1. Yes (29 votes [41.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.43%

2. Yes (10 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Oui (31 votes [44.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.29%

You voted

1. Yes (45 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. Yes (25 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

You didn't vote

1. No (45 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. No (25 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Is pineapple of pizza code on Tinder for something i should know about?

1. Yes (13 votes [18.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

2. No (11 votes [15.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.71%

3. You should know but nobodys gonna tell ya. (46 votes [65.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.71%

Anime vs. BBQ, who wins?

1. Tentacles (23 votes [32.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.86%

2. Beef (47 votes [67.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

lozarus #1 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 18:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 46493 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Some music for your listening pleasure whilst voting. 

Spoiler

Although it may appear that i've struck through a whole bunch of personal anecdotes about Clan Wars, i'll endeavour to fill in some blanks, replace the anecdotal with the poignant, and give insight into the layers of context that flows between clans with rivalling and mutual interests. 

Season 9 Timeline:

1.)
  Late June, early July, based off of the hectoring and Jingoism of MAHOU, the clans who represented the counterweight to their abilities, including but not limited to -G-, OTTER, L4ST, VILIN, 200IQ, YOUJO, RELIC, RS, FD_UP, SF, CLAWS, and Y0L0 agreed tentatively on a policy of limited mutual protection, with no stipulations as to who deserves or earns what, and no division of the global map for the coming season starting on the 3rd week of July running to late August. 
ii.Not all clans were specifically or formally a part of an Alliance, but were cooperating at various levels of coordination. 

2.) First meeting occurs between alliance members from most clans, the Alliance's role is defined here after 40+ minutes of debate, it will have a defensive rôle, as the doves win the argument against the hawks that no offensive vendetta will be applied to MAHOU. 
ii.) Some contributors to early strategy are suspected of working both sides, due to a variety of information flowing back and forth between belligerents, some clans are barred from accurate information, or given low grade strategic information in order to maintain the illusion. 

iii.) Firefly provinces pop, FD_UP attack its own Allies because "it needs" a territory that just happens to be a firefly province, eyebrows are raised, nothing is done as its day 3 of the Campaign, however requests are made to FD_UP to move (whilst retaining control of the firefly province) to engage MAHOU in the South East. 
iii.) MAHOU make short work of everyone, winning approx an 80% winrate across the board, with particular success against -G-, RELIC and 200IQ. 
iv.) Despite bordering MAHOU's eastern border 6+ territories wide for several days and multiple requests to engage, there appears to be at most a curious exchange of territory between CLAWS and MAHOU, as well as evidence released showing what appears to be deliberately thrown battles, short-stacks and lower than tier 10 tanks. Johnyblood - (prime Coordinator between CLAWS and the Alliance) acknowledges the obvious but prefers to keep the "Nunu situation" as a going concern for our own benefit for delivering misleading information to MAHOU via CLAWS. 

3.) Debate rages between the prime movers with what to do with CLAWS and FD_UP, neither clan are engaging MAHOU, both clans are attempting to participate at the highest level of strategic planning, the argument boils down to one between Johnyblood and myself, where he advocates continuing to allow both clans to farm without playing MAHOU, whilst remaining within the Alliance, (and the effect of burdening YOUJO and OTTER at a time when -G- was requesting respite from MAHOU's focus), against my argument that it is better to call their bluff even if it means a harder fight, as playing CLAWS or FD_UP would be easier and a welcome alternative to solely playing MAHOU, as it would open up the map and let the Genie out of the bottle. 
ii) Johnyblood won the argument with CLAWS, who continued to share the widest border with MAHOU the entire season, with 4 battles played in total excluding the techs MAHOU gave them. 
iii.) I won the argument with FD_UP, and FD_UP were after 13 days of gender fluidity, attacked as a consequence of working both sides. The conversation between their Clan Leader and XO was publicly addressed, where they refused to acknowledge or answer any questions regarding their status within our Alliance when pressed over the issue of nearly 2 weeks of inaction, on upwards of 10k. They were wished good luck and removed from the Alliance discord. 
iv.) FU working both sides, but there's no inclination to engage them as they're quietly farming, and not engaging in diplo beyond the occasional request for territory. 

4.) After evaluating the midway point in the season, there appears to be two "victory" markers available to our Alliance, the first, that L4ST could make first place, and second, OTTER could podium finish with an adequate push, and results for MAHOU declining exponentially. 
ii.) Every effort is made to allow L4ST to increase their VP, as well as OTTER (Neither at their own request) in order to close the gap between a runaway MAHOU and 2nd and 3rd positions. 
iii.) Despite significant gains in form and VP for OTTER, MAHOU's form is not declining enough, as to their credit, they're still consistently beating 6 out of the top 10 clans basically single-handedly. 
iii.) On a night of back-to-back- triples for MAHOU, REL2 accounts being passed around like the village bicycle are logged into by players from a 3rd party clan, and crew, tanks, and credits are dismissed, sold, and invested (and sold at a loss), as well as teams being moved out of clan battles, causing MAHOU to credit 3x tech wins, as well as damage done to accounts. - Lesson learned, 2015 rules apply
iv.) 
L4ST also fall foul of certain individuals from a 3rd party clan, who pull their chips off of a FF Province they then tech defeat to said 3rd party clan. 

5.) The final third of the season, OTTER and VILIN appear to have MAHOU's number, and are winning 50/50 © +/-, although MAHOU are still winning a disproportionately high amount of battles despite overwhelming odds. 
ii.) FD_UP also have won a disproportionate number of battles, albeit against mid-tier opposition but have established a reputation for competent and aggressive play. 
ii.) THUGZ/_SF_ went an entire season without backstabbing their own alliance despite 100% historic form, and very close ties with MAHOU, much to my person chagrin, my first personal anecdote
iii.) RELIC, 200IQ, REL2, -G-, YOUJO and Y0L0 have particularly underwhelming performances out of clans who played MAHOU more than a dozen times. 

6.) -G- wins season 9 playoffs on Prokharovka. We beat them 15-0 from the north side, meme'd every other game (from the north side, so thanks WG) my second personal anecdote

lozarus #2 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 18:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 46493 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

*banked*

SEASON 10 Timeline:

tba

GarlicFries_CashCarti #3 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 18:38

Major

• Players
  • 22995 battles
  • [99986] 99986
Wow clan wars is kind of like politics.

Relic is Harry Potter and everyone else is Voldemort

lozarus #4 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 18:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 46493 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I was thinking more like Goose from Top Gun. 

Edge_of_Insanity #5 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 19:02

Captain

• Players
  • 21497 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

is it just me or is it 2013 again

_Perfect #6 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 19:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 25184 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Was a fun successful season http://ping-t.me/wot/gm-season9-summary.html <--- should include the hard stats into this. 

SirShakes #7 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 19:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20264 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
yes

MeMeBigBoi #8 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36066 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

No, we are good boi’s 

btw amazing job on writing all of this I enjoyed looking at the history of it all so 10/10 would read again!,

are you planning to do this for each season or campaign?

SirShakes #9 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 19:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20264 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostMeMeBigBoi, on Nov 15 2018 - 10:18, said:

No, we are good boi’s 

btw amazing job on writing all of this I enjoyed looking at the history of it all so 10/10 would read again!,

are you planning to do this for each season or campaign?

boi are you new here?

Edited by Shakes_PUSHTHEHILL_REEEE, Nov 15 2018 - 19:21.

MeMeBigBoi #10 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 19:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36066 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostShakes_PUSHTHEHILL_REEEE, on Nov 15 2018 - 12:20, said:

boi are you new here?

Ohhh ... sorry 

yewchung #11 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 23923 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

Now this is a classic post.

Can't wait for the first wardec

eraser1 #12 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 20:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19309 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Post_Perfect, on Nov 15 2018 - 12:08, said:

Was a fun successful season http://ping-t.me/wot/gm-season9-summary.html <--- should include the hard stats into this. 

Congrats on going 50/50!

Night1Rider #13 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 20:31

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45226 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Posteraser1, on Nov 15 2018 - 19:12, said:

Congrats on going 50/50

cOnGraTS 0n g0iNg 5o/5O

_Tsavo_ #14 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 20:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45896 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE
The angled forehead has returned.  Praise our lord of angled deflection

ch33ky #15 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 21:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10856 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

History is written by the winners, not the lozarus.

FD_UP was perfectly aligned with the idea of adjusting Mahous dominance with you all, but got progressively disenchanted at the thought of being ruled by Johnny. No set list of demands were made to Mahou, you were just bullying the bully to replace him with a worse bully, while bullying us..

We did just fine, i'm v happy with our 55% win rate mostly during doubles against 'better' clans A-teams.

https://i.imgur.com/7LTUDUi.png

_Tsavo_ #16 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 21:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45896 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Postch33ky, on Nov 15 2018 - 15:11, said:

heresy 

mojave #17 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 21:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25811 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postch33ky, on Nov 15 2018 - 20:11, said:

FD_UP was perfectly aligned with the idea of adjusting Mahous dominance with you all, but got progressively disenchanted at the thought of being ruled by Johnny. No set list of demands were made to Mahou, you were just bullying the bully to replace him with a worse bully, while bullying us..

I really enjoyed talking to two of your callers a week into the season and when I asked them about what FD_UP's stance was they said they thought they were neutral the whole time. This kinda contradicts when you said you were on our side and would push into Mahou. On the third day.

We did just fine, i'm v happy with our 55% win rate mostly during doubles against 'better' clans A-teams.

I dont think that 55% came from fighting better clans B teams https://imgur.com/a/zdgmZNJ

ch33ky #18 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 22:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10856 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

Right, and do you remember what my response was the last three times you mentioned that 'fact'? I'll give you a clue. Rogue, the caller, didnt do nor know our diplo, so just told you his assumptions - which you took as facts and ran with. Johnny even apologized for that but it was too late, you had the excuse you collectively needed to try and map us and go for the pot.

(plot twist, we didnt get mapped n didnt lose out on that much gold. We ended up friendlier with our friends and weirdly, friendlier with our 'enemies', we just did a 30v30 with yolo and they were one of the main people in the alliance coming after us lol.)

lozarus #19 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 22:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 46493 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Post_Perfect, on Nov 15 2018 - 18:08, said:

Hard-​stats are included in the spoilers for Season 1, but thank you yes, i hope that i have done an adequate job of representing Season 1 from our perspective a little deeper, you're 100% welcome to throw in a detailed attribution of your own from MAHOU's side, as it'd be interesting to see the MAHOU perspective. 

View Post_Tsavo_, on Nov 15 2018 - 19:38, said:

The angled forehead has returned.  Praise our lord of angled deflection

Hello Tsavo-san, long time no meme. 

https://i.imgur.com/7LTUDUi.png

History is written by anyone, but if it has any basis in fact or not is up to debate, so i'd challenge you to attempt to counter my points with your own and see if yours ring any truer. 

I will forward your kind words about REL2 to the relevant officers to let them know they are now a tier 1 clan who is better than FD_UP. :child:

Take the credit where its due, despite you lying to your own players, your own CO either not knowing himself, that he was in an Alliance with us, or suddenly forgetting what English he did know when he was asked directly, FD_UP played excellently during the season 9 Campaign, and DID cement themselves as a serious clan not to be underrated. 

If you were given the same respect this season as last season you'd have had a harder time but FD_UP were an unknown quantity, and do deserve respect for their capability, its just a shame at what lengths people will go to - to mislead a dozen other officers, and therefore a thousand players. 

If you or anyone else is offended by anything i've written, i can only apologise, however no part of what i write is intended to do anything other than represent what dozens of Officers from a variety of clans saw, were involved in, had conversations about daily, debated back and forth regularly, and for all intents and purposes was "their truth"

As for your comments about Johnny, he is a good person, a genuinely good human being, and whilst i argue with him regularly and do not agree with much, he still would rather walk away from the game than be responsible for lying to our faces, he's a decent dude. 

_Know1ng #20 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 22:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21176 battles

I'm triggered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users