A closer look at Large Cosmetic Decals coming in 1.3

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

riydragon #21 Posted Nov 15 2018 - 22:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 5408 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
You know, nice and all, but one big issue: On many vehicles yo get FOUR spots to put decals, but you are only allowed to put TWO decals. That just seems plain stupid if I'm being honest.

ken9545 #22 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 02:47

Private

• Players
  • 22529 battles
  • [CANAM] CANAM

I fail to see how any of this improves game play

Or the changes to the stores for that matter

Waste of your time and mine

EmperorJuliusCaesar #23 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 16 2018 - 01:27, said:

Tankers, 

We know that life gets in the way, and not all of us have time (or hard drive space) to try out the 1.3 Common Test.

So our content team has put together a sweet preview of a bunch of the Large Decals that are being added to the Exterior menu in update 1.3!

Of course, our examples are a bit bland due to the fact that they're shown on a plain AMX 50b, but personally I am quite looking forward to seeing what kind of awesome paint-jobs folks will come up with incorporating these decals.

To check out more decals and learn a little more about how they'll work, head on over to the article on our news portal.

PLEASE tell me we'll have the option to check a box to not see this stuff....

EmperorJuliusCaesar #24 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 03:54

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDain_Ironfoot_, on Nov 16 2018 - 02:10, said:

Domo / WG Staff,

I appreciate the work on customization, but yeah, I do wish it were all more "historic" and come up with more things that would be similar to stuff that was used historically as to give people more options without going overboard while at the same time not having to stick with a small amount of options.  If that makes sense... perhaps a middle ground, I guess - so we can all see each others custom stuff without having any boxes to check or uncheck.  I don't like the idea of going through the trouble of customizing my vehicle and then half the players have "non-historic" unchecked in options so they aren't seeing it anyway.  *shrug*  Just seems kinda pointless.  I don't like to be negative though, so again, I do appreciate the work done and hope you take this feedback into consideration.

The customization is for YOU.  For what you see.  Why do you care that people aren't seeing it?  Many don't want to see any of that, we want to only see historical stuff.  You seem upset that people don't want to see all this crap.....

BluntedBaboon #25 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 05:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22952 battles

More crap that makes this game appeal to young kids. I'd check the box that removes unhistorical paint jobs and emblems but for some stupid reason you've made the emblems that go with the clan wars tanks, unhistorical and I like playing my old clan wars tanks with the veterans camo and assorted emblems.

Hows that Havoc engine coming along that would have introduced better tank effects, how they handled and looked? How they would have shown battle damage? Actually interesting visual effects.

Or the slow removal of destructible environments while more destruction was promised?

Or even lets just go back to the basics. Balancing? Less money grabbing?

Hell, how about bring back one thing many players really enjoyed, Frontlines.

Edited by BluntedBaboon, Nov 16 2018 - 05:56.

White_Runner #26 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 07:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19668 battles
  • [FMM] FMM
The other game had the same feature YEARS AGO, and yet you put it like it was something important...
It isnt... I was expecting rebalances... but... knowing you WG...

Game is not death, but even with the HD rework the loss of players remains, which is dissapointing.
You cant arge: "Its a 8 year old game" anymore.

Edited by White_Runner, Nov 16 2018 - 07:50.

SparkyGT #27 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 12:03

Major

• Players
  • 47631 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Wonder if we can we do that with our clan emblems? 

So_Wobbly #28 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 13:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 11379 battles
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
Won't use this. Just another way to divert the player from the real problems with the game.

_Tsavo_ #29 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 13:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43402 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Having these in only a few predetermined spots is "meh" at best.   If you allowed placing them where ever and at whatever angle or scale we'd prefer would be nice.   Your competition has customization right, though what you guys are doing is a step in the right direction.

Panzer254 #30 Posted Nov 16 2018 - 20:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 66498 battles

OK about the Decals they look ok. but i would like some Tank numbers you could put on eney Tank. that you could be eney number that you wanted. and would like to be able to put camo on  my Skorpion -G   i do not like just 1 camo . i want to be able to put eney camo i want to on it. and other tanks to like the panzer 58 , and the Mauerbrecher VK128.01 .and put the mg 34s on top of the terret!! you had them an all the german tanks at 1 time and then you all took them of . they do not look right with out them . tanks have gun mount but no mg 34 ???????????? and how about adding some smoke lounchers in some tanks and other stuff like tracks gas cans.

Edited by Panzer254, Nov 17 2018 - 22:35.

Wolfgang_von_Kluge #31 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 21:59

Private

• Players
  • 34920 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
I deeply appreciate the work of the Wargaming designers, but....
  • I REALLY hoped that the resizing would simply be assigned to EXISITING emblems, numbers, etc — in the way that we can now resize applied camo patterns. That seems so easy! Why not? Many just look too small at the moment (e.g. my Dark Runner "13" )
  • I also agree that more numbers are needed, that seems so easy and obvious too.
  • I would also REALLY like more historical divisional emblems, and, like another poster suggested, why not be able to put a different nationality insignia on a "captured" tank?
  • I doubt very much if I'll use the new resizable "decals" at all, too garish and cartoonish looking.
    (PS, really looking forward to possible Christmas fun, last years was great!)

Catman59 #32 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 12:39

Private

• Players
  • 8578 battles
  • [N1N1] N1N1

So 1.3 is all about appearances and not game play.  It's just more lipstick on a pig.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users