Do you like the new premium tank philosophy?

Good Or Better Than Tier

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Powerful Premiums (78 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are limited sales premium tanks with better than tech tree stats good for the game?

1. Yes! I pay good money for my premiums so they better not suck or be power creeped in a year! (37 votes [47.44%])

Percentage of vote: 47.44%

2. No! Why should someone with a job and expendable income have a better life than me? UNFAIR! (19 votes [24.36%])

Percentage of vote: 24.36%

3. Bacon. Because you know the best premium tank that could ever be sold would be the Bacon Tank! (22 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

Vote Hide poll

WeSayNotToday #81 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 09:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20353 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Nov 19 2018 - 09:19, said:

You seem angry and confused and are doing circular arguments again. Maybe take a nap and try again? 

Thank you for illustrating some of my points directly.

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 19 2018 - 09:12, said:

This is where you just do not understand, or refuse to understand, or just refuse to say that you understand.  Until you understand that these curves represent a serious statistically significant departure from a balanced tank for almost all players, you really are not capable of meaningful input into this sort of discussion, other than, "show me again, please, and explain it again, please, because I did not understand the first time."

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Nov 19 2018 - 09:49.

TheManFromKekistan #82 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 09:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 19 2018 - 03:48, said:

Thank you for illustrating some of my points directly.

You didn't explain anything and are taking a light hearted thread about premiums far too seriously. I mean it. Go take a nap and try again later when you are less angry and confused about what is being discussed here. Thanks for cooperating and the votes still show the majority don't believe your reasoning. The majority enjoy powerful premiums and will continue to buy them if offered. Have a nice nap! :honoring:

NeatoMan #83 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 27282 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Nov 19 2018 - 01:45, said:

"I'm too stupid to figure it out, therefore your argument is invalid"

Seems to be the typical forum response when it comes to statistics. 

All your poll proves is that players love their OP toys and will do anything to keep them, even if it isn't good for the game.  "I got mine, so screw you".  ....  it;s just like IRL.

TheManFromKekistan #84 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 14:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 19 2018 - 07:24, said:

Seems to be the typical forum response when it comes to statistics. 

All your poll proves is that players love their OP toys and will do anything to keep them, even if it isn't good for the game.  "I got mine, so screw you".  ....  it;s just like IRL.

No one has proven they are op. Maybe slightly better than elite but certainly even the defender which is considered the height of supposed wot p2w isn't single handedly carrying games even for unicums. All you chart showed was that it was ever so slightly improving the win rates of those who play it. Your interpretation that it somehow breaks the game and is so unbalancing that simply having them show up even in a baddies hands is going to markedly change the outcome of any single game is overwrought and substituting actual logical statistical analysis with emotional Hogwash. The data set over tens of thousands of games show a tiny increase in win rate spread out over all those games. If you think that's game breaking or unbalanced then maybe you should take a step back and take a hard look at your own grasp of statistics and how they actually apply to balance. I'll trust wg to figure out if its op and effecting outcomes and not some armchair statistician who doesn't even seem to understand the very charts he is copy pasting from a stats site. :rolleyes:

edit; and lookie who has an e25 running a higher win rate and overall stats than his average. Let me guess. A gift? :trollface:

Edited by TheManFromKekistan, Nov 19 2018 - 14:18.

NeatoMan #85 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 15:00

Major

• Players
  • 27282 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Nov 19 2018 - 08:15, said:

No one has proven they are op. Maybe slightly better than elite but certainly even the defender which is considered the height of supposed wot p2w isn't single handedly carrying games even for unicums. All you chart showed was that it was ever so slightly improving the win rates of those who play it. Your interpretation that it somehow breaks the game and is so unbalancing that simply having them show up even in a baddies hands is going to markedly change the outcome of any single game is overwrought and substituting actual logical statistical analysis with emotional Hogwash. The data set over tens of thousands of games show a tiny increase in win rate spread out over all those games. If you think that's game breaking or unbalanced then maybe you should take a step back and take a hard look at your own grasp of statistics and how they actually apply to balance. I'll trust wg to figure out if its op and effecting outcomes and not some armchair statistician who doesn't even seem to understand the very charts he is copy pasting from a stats site. :rolleyes:

They have removed or nerfed almost every other tank with win rate profiles like that. 

Block Quote

edit; and lookie who has an e25 running a higher win rate and overall stats than his average. Let me guess. A gift? :trollface:

According to the data it isn't as OP as the defender.  So if you think the e25 is OP, then what does that say about the defender?

Plus, I am not here defending either of them.  For starters the e25 should be increased to its correct size.  I fully expect them both to be nerfed and I would be OK with it, but since the "can't nerf my premium tank" whiners get their way they will stay as is. 

btw, I only have a 53.5% win rate in it, which is only slightly higher than my overall, and lower than my tier 7 average win rate.   I'm doing better in my JPanther than the e25.   I haven't played it in over a year, and only played it 11 times the year before.  Don't much care for it, and will probably trade it in for the AufK Panther if that ever gets released.   If it were indeed OP I would expect it to be nerfed, and would be fine with it.

WeSayNotToday #86 Posted Nov 19 2018 - 17:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20353 battles

Block Quote

Well, look who is posting from an alt account so he can analyze others without revealing any of his own habits or patterns...

Also tagged with Good, Or, Better, Than, Tier

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users