AMX 65t advice/guides?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FrozenKemp #1 Posted Nov 18 2018 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 51271 battles

So, a recent thread about needing to block damage in Coalition vehicles has got me working on the French heavily armoured heavy line.  I rebought the tier 7 and with the infinite x2 mission and some XP boosters I am actually getting close to unlocking the 65t.

I know the 65t is infamous for being bad, so - are there any "survival guides" or advice threads about how to get through it without killing yourself? 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Nov 18 2018 - 20:14.

Hellsfog #2 Posted Nov 18 2018 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 37644 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
A forgiving clan and tier 8 strongholds. Otherwise, I think the stock turret is the better choice.

FrozenKemp #3 Posted Nov 18 2018 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 51271 battles

Well, that isn't likely to happen.  :-/ 

What about guns?  I guess losing 14mm of pen is worth the alpha and aim time increases of the 120. 

Gothraul #4 Posted Nov 18 2018 - 21:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 2345 battles
This tank is one of the very worst that I have played thus far on my other account with around 430 or so played, starting to consider the emergency option that being free xp as it is so bad. The stock turret kinda works but the armor all in all is so crappy that it doesn't make much of a difference at the expense of other stats. Easy to say that the this 65 ton tampon is the worst tier 8 hands down even the Tiger 2 is a better tank.

WaywardChild #5 Posted Nov 18 2018 - 21:57

Captain

• Players
  • 36673 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
The Tiger II rocks...….And I used the Italian t6&7 mediums to bounce the damage. 

Edited by WaywardChild, Nov 18 2018 - 22:00.

rockbutcher #6 Posted Nov 18 2018 - 22:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21721 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

That tank frustrated the crapola out of me.  First turret, second turret, tried all of the different guns.  Went back to the first turret, played 20 more games and then free xp'd the rest.

When a map comes out on which you can run around hull down the whole time...get that tank and use the first turret.  The tier 9 is a brute in comparison, like night and day.

AZandEL #7 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 06:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29565 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 18 2018 - 19:13, said:

So, a recent thread about needing to block damage in Coalition vehicles has got me working on the French heavily armoured heavy line.  I rebought the tier 7 and with the infinite x2 mission and some XP boosters I am actually getting close to unlocking the 65t.

I know the 65t is infamous for being bad, so - are there any "survival guides" or advice threads about how to get through it without killing yourself? 

65t is garbage with no redeeming features. Barely sufferable with the stock turret and the 90mm gun. The top turret is a joke and far worse. Seriously this "heavy" is big as a house, has no armor, so so gun, and gets owned by meds one tier lower. I ended the French heavy line right there. WG will never fix these because they are too busy with new countries and prems. My only suggestion is just buckle in for a horrible grind but I can't tell you that what comes after it is any better. Good luck.

Plutopiate #8 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 15:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44702 battles
  • [LOYAL] LOYAL

It is THE worst tier 8 heavy in the game. There are better tier 7 heavies than this pos. Its slow, poorly armored, has a crap gun and maneuvers horribly. I do not understand how the devs could see this tank as viable for this tier. As a tier 7 heavy it would be decent but still not as good as the tier 7 US or Japanese heavies. I am steamed today (a X5 weekend) that I've had 8 losses in a row in this tank (all tier 10 battles) and was unable to make a contribution in any meaningful way because this tank is just so bad.

Trying to play this tank with how the mm works is also frustrating. Even with premium ammo you can't pen most tier 10 tanks unless you get to their sides or rear which is rare because you are too effing slow to maneuver yourself into that type of position. If you care about your stats this tank will hurt them heavily. If you can afford to free xp (greedy WG) do so. There are no redeeming qualities to this tank.

Also, lots of swearing towards WoT for making people endure tanks like this. This tank takes all the fun out of playing WoT.

QuicksilverJPR #9 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 27233 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 18 2018 - 14:13, said:

Pray to the RNG gods that Frontline mode comes back, and pop boosters when playing that crapper in FL mode...

tiggee #10 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 23:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 14980 battles
While this tank is maybe the worst 8 in the game the 9 I believe is the best so if you can grind through it, its worth it. By the way i bought xp and got out as fast as i could.

10point1 #11 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 04:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 54614 battles
This tank has to be the worst grind in WOT...you just get your [edited]eaten every game. Was thinking about parking this line....I hate this tank. If the french had built this, I wouldnt blame them for surrendering

kermitfrg #12 Posted May 11 2019 - 15:39

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13199 battles
I enjoyed the grind with the AMX 65t. I used the top turret, and the top gun. At an angle your front plate can actually bounce, and your turret too. The 2nd turret seems to me like the better option, because the weakpoints on the top are actually a lot strong than the weakpoints on the top of the first turret, and coupled with a good angle + depression of the gun you can bounce a lot of you are hull down. The top gun is enjoyable with nice caracteristics, aims quickly and has nice alpha, I tried to stay mid range, using the alpha and the aim time to my advantage to make anyone regret coming towards me. 

Altwar #13 Posted May 11 2019 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 57373 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postkermitfrg, on May 11 2019 - 06:39, said:

I enjoyed the grind with the AMX 65t. I used the top turret, and the top gun. At an angle your front plate can actually bounce, and your turret too. The 2nd turret seems to me like the better option, because the weakpoints on the top are actually a lot strong than the weakpoints on the top of the first turret, and coupled with a good angle + depression of the gun you can bounce a lot of you are hull down. The top gun is enjoyable with nice caracteristics, aims quickly and has nice alpha, I tried to stay mid range, using the alpha and the aim time to my advantage to make anyone regret coming towards me. 

^^^ This right here.   

Admittedly I started its research during Frontlines' first session which helped ease the way out of stock.  When the tank is elite, it's actually not bad and IMO seems to do better now that the MM changed from that standard 3/5/7, where it was facing tier 10s regularly.   Tier 10s who seemed to be fond of shooting with premium (talk about overkill) which made an already trying experience into a bad one.  Anyway, the things kermit said were true for me too.  And even if you are top tier in this tank, try not to lead because the armor isn't to be relied on.

I_QQ_4_U #14 Posted Jun 12 2019 - 09:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 21646 battles

So far I don't think it's as bad as so many have said but I don't see how it fits into the so called 'armoured' line of French heavies, it's no better than the M4 45 for it's tier. It kind of reminds me of a slow 50t.

ShmeeCow #15 Posted Jun 15 2019 - 06:31

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 28354 battles
  • [TAW] TAW
Its not a good tank, but use the 100mm gun for better accuracy and pen, turret is your choice I used the 2nd one for better gun handling. I played it kind of as a sniper, like a much worse tiger 2. Also don't over angle due to the pike nose. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users