Thanksgiving week Bundle Bonanza! (working title)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

angrybovine #61 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 15:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 13562 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

You never know if and when they will have half off on premium.  I usually try to buy my premium when I get a coupon in-game.  That and 1v1 tournaments.

I really wish consumables, training, equipment was on sale.  I'm gong to be sitting on my pile of credits until there is a sale.

Just say no to paying full price!

Edited by angrybovine, Nov 23 2018 - 15:07.

TankFullOfBourbon #62 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 26999 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Pretty useless Black Friday and Thanksgiving sales, if you ask me. So totally not what the customers want. Most players want discounts on consumables, equipment, and on researchable tanks in the tech tree. All the clutter you have on your "sale" right now are crapp I can buy any day. Do you realize that you are already bombarding us with premium tanks sales every single day of the year now. And it ain't like xmas.

Sgt_Fury #63 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 15:38

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 32842 battles

View PostCritical_hit_chatbanned, on Nov 19 2018 - 14:23, said:

This sale goes on for a week so I have time but.....no way I'm buying it without a consumable sale this weekend. 

He's of course right, you want people to but this give us the consumable sale!!!! It has been a while since we had one, use to be fairly consistant. 

WG is just getting ridiculous with there tank sales. Who in their right mind would spend $1000 for a bunch of tanks. This game is more about WG raking in more money anyway they can and less about the gaming experience like other MMO games. Still waiting for consumables. Still remembering the good old days when ammo would go on sale. 

Rocket75_OK #64 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 16:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 14504 battles
Ridiculous.  EU has equipment sales right now, and tank sales on Tiers 2-10.  What do we get?  Premium tanks for sale only.  You think I am going to buy those when you keep screwing us out of sales you give to EU constantly?  NO.   Honestly at this point I am getting pissed that you keep screwing NA over on rewards that you CONTINUALLY give the EU server.  Guess you don't want my Real $.  I am not investing when I see you screwing NA over!  So I will play for free now ;)
**Treat your NA players better and you would see more real $, many of us are upset by the complete lack of disregard you are showing the NA server!  We don't HAVE to buy anything from you!  I refuse to buy anything until I see a consumables, equipment or NON-Prem tank sales.

angrybovine #65 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 16:27

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 13562 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View PostRocket75_OK, on Nov 23 2018 - 16:08, said:

Ridiculous.  EU has equipment sales right now, and tank sales on Tiers 2-10.  What do we get?  Premium tanks for sale only.  You think I am going to buy those when you keep screwing us out of sales you give to EU constantly?  NO.   Honestly at this point I am getting pissed that you keep screwing NA over on rewards that you CONTINUALLY give the EU server.  Guess you don't want my Real $.  I am not investing when I see you screwing NA over!  So I will play for free now ;)
**Treat your NA players better and you would see more real $, many of us are upset by the complete lack of disregard you are showing the NA server!  We don't HAVE to buy anything from you!  I refuse to buy anything until I see a consumables, equipment or NON-Prem tank sales.

I wouldn't say that we always get screwed and EU doesn't.  From what I see on EU streams, NA gets its share of deals too.  Its just damn inconvenient to have to wait for the credit-based in-game sales or gold-crew skill stuff since there's never a time where we don't want it or it could be useful.

Edited by angrybovine, Nov 23 2018 - 16:28.

Rocket75_OK #66 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 16:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 14504 battles

View Postangrybovine, on Nov 23 2018 - 15:27, said:

I wouldn't say that we always get screwed and EU doesn't.  From what I see on EU streams, NA gets its share of deals too.  Its just damn inconvenient to have to wait for the credit-based in-game sales or gold-crew skill stuff since there's never a time where we don't want it or it could be useful.

Not to be rude, but might want to do your fact checking.  Only "deals" we get are PREMIUM tank sales.  It has been since JUNE that we had a consumable, equipment or reg tank sales.  EU has had at least 5 of all of those since then.  This has nothing to do with "having it when we want" they are screwing us out of all sales this year.  Just like how we always get it on Veterans day and they screwed us this year (but guess what, EU got it!!).  I am not buying tanks until they go on sale, or equipment, and it's been 6 months!!!  I bought my last consumables in Frontline and they haven't gone on sale since.  This has nothing to do with "when we would like them" and has everything to do with they give us nothing but EU still gets all the discounts they always have.  Even last month EU had consumables, equipment and tank sales, do your research.  We in NA are getting screwed, period.  Only sales they give us are premium tanks.

For example, this weekend NA gets: x2 crew with a win and in top 7.  That is it.

EU?  Gets 10 large first aid kits, 10 large repair kits, 10 auto ext, lots of personal reserves, and Vert Stab for playing 5 battles.  An on top of that they get Equipment sales, and sales on Tiers 2-10, oh and also XP conversion discount.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Here just look for yourself and compare https://worldoftanks...friday-special/

CraterBait #67 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 16:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 33908 battles

View PostSgt_Fury, on Nov 23 2018 - 14:38, said:

WG is just getting ridiculous with there tank sales. Who in their right mind would spend $1000 for a bunch of tanks. This game is more about WG raking in more money anyway they can and less about the gaming experience like other MMO games. Still waiting for consumables. Still remembering the good old days when ammo would go on sale. 

LOL, someone will I am sure but most will not. If you believe like many streamers do that the player base is shrinking, I guess it could conceivably get to a point where we wake up one day to find that World of Tanks no longer exists. If this is true, then why spend the money right... but if people do not spend the money it will be true. WOW, what a dilemma.

Is the player base shrinking? I have recently been watching Quickybaby play a new account he created to see what a new player experience is actually like. He is not using any free xp or credits to grind tanks at all. His experience cannot be considered at all the same as a new player. He is quite good at the game. However his experiences playing the low tier tanks with 50% crews and no equipment are a real eye opener as he is getting slaughtered at times buy low tier players with great crews and equipment. He is constantly shot buy players he simply cannot see and if he does get to see those enemy players and fires back, his 50% crew most of the time cannot hit them. Seeing how bad the new player experience actually is, I can totally believe that the player base would shrink. As a new player, the game is really really bad. Many will not stick with the game for very long.

Checkout Quickybaby's stream when he is playing his "Playsforfree" account. He has some great ideas to help boost the new player experience. Maybe World of Tanks might actually retain those new players rather than them simply giving up and playing other games. I feel it is unlikely that WarGaming care what their player base is saying, you only need to read these forums to see the problems people are having. Most of the time there is no response from WarGaming but if there is, they never answer any question or it is a regurgitated answer.

Myself I am not ashamed to say that over time I have spent money on this game, most of the time my payments are refused due to a weird error I get from the premium shop "Item not available in your country". As I said above, do you thing WarGaming care?... No they do not, I have submitted a ticket about it but it has never been resolved. Likely they see it as cheaper to lose my purchases than to spend the money to fix the issue.

As for the sales right now, as always, there is nothing I want... wait! That is not true, there are tanks in the Feast list I would buy. As it is for 24hours only, why not sell those tanks individually for 50% rather than their claimed 63%. For the tanks I want to collect, I will just wait, if the conditions of sale is ok and the weird premium shop glitch does not occur I will buy them, if not, I will keep my money.

I have not played for a few weeks. I just have not felt like playing. Many many players have been complaining here in the forums about how bad the Match Making is and I see it also. Tier 8 is broken, who wants to be bottom tier all day. I note that WarGaming are trialing a new Match Maker on the Asia/ANZ server right now. After telling its player base that it was way to complex of a task to change the way the Match Maker works, they changed it on the Asia/ANZ server with a quick patch. Despite there being a test running, we are not seeing any feedback from WarGaming as to how this test is going. If I read it correctly the MM that is being tested means you are less likely to see 3-5-7 MM and more likely games or only two tiers or same tier games. This would seem to be the MM players have been begging for.

Now that I know that it was so easy to for WarGaming to alter the way MM works, I might just wait to see how the test goes. Myself I would love to play all my tier 8 premium tanks again and buy more if I was going to see more games of only two tiers (rather than tier 10 all day) with more same tier games and far less 3-5-7 games.

From my perspective WarGaming's biggest failure is their lack of feedback. People just want to know what is going on and when it will be fixed but wait, there is another over priced sale on or pointless bundle on offer. I guess they are to busy rolling around in cash laugh at our stupidity to be able to communicate. Perhaps treat those who pay you that money with respect, answer their questions and actually do something to retain the new players and this once great game might be great again and might go on for many many more years.

Apologies for the novel.

yruputin #68 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 17:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24977 battles
  • [A_P] A_P

View Posttod914, on Nov 23 2018 - 09:02, said:

When it comes to the purchasing the Feast...

Spoiler

good one

yruputin #69 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 17:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24977 battles
  • [A_P] A_P

View Postchurchill50, on Nov 19 2018 - 20:21, said:

I'll just copy-paste this from the thread I started:

Hey Wargaming,

You know, people might be more inclined to buy that Mega Warchest offer in the prem shop if they had some reason to spend millions of credits. Like a consumable sale. Now, I'm not pointing to anything definitive like a consumable sale, but I think some kind of consumable sale that would allow us to spend a ton of credits might incentivize people to buy that package. Not to mention it would be a nice thing to do anyways, since we haven't had one in quite some time.

Just a thought.

No offense meant, but giving discounts on free xp conversion and crew retraining, which we've just seen (although they are nice), when we haven't had a discount on equipment or consumables in so long, kind of sucks.

WoT notorious for turning their backs on the players.

FrozenKemp #70 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 49066 battles
Can we PLEASE get the details of the weekend discounts?  The link from "Thanksgiving Weekend Events" is broken.  https://worldoftanks.../xp-fever-1118/ is a dead link. 

CraterBait #71 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 18:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 33908 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 23 2018 - 16:44, said:

Can we PLEASE get the details of the weekend discounts?  The link from "Thanksgiving Weekend Events" is broken.  https://worldoftanks.../xp-fever-1118/ is a dead link. 

It really doesn't matter because they suck but on the Asia Server, wow what a contrast! The variety they are being offered there is so much better than NA

https://worldoftanks...iday-23nov2018/

As for your link, that wont work until tomorrow.

DSPDesertBeast #72 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 18:27

Private

• Players
  • 23872 battles
  • [IDS] IDS
Obviously WG does not understand the concept of Black Friday deals, witch is reflective of their ongoing utter lack of understanding of their North American consumer base. It is unfortunate because this has the potential to be such a great game and great community. Sadly though, this confirms that WG is incapable of recovering from the death spiral it is in and it is only a matter of time now. How unfortunate.

angrybovine #73 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 18:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 13562 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

View PostRocket75_OK, on Nov 23 2018 - 16:31, said:

Not to be rude, but might want to do your fact checking.  Only "deals" we get are PREMIUM tank sales.  It has been since JUNE that we had a consumable, equipment or reg tank sales.  EU has had at least 5 of all of those since then.  This has nothing to do with "having it when we want" they are screwing us out of all sales this year.  Just like how we always get it on Veterans day and they screwed us this year (but guess what, EU got it!!).  I am not buying tanks until they go on sale, or equipment, and it's been 6 months!!!  I bought my last consumables in Frontline and they haven't gone on sale since.  This has nothing to do with "when we would like them" and has everything to do with they give us nothing but EU still gets all the discounts they always have.  Even last month EU had consumables, equipment and tank sales, do your research.  We in NA are getting screwed, period.  Only sales they give us are premium tanks.

For example, this weekend NA gets: x2 crew with a win and in top 7.  That is it.

EU?  Gets 10 large first aid kits, 10 large repair kits, 10 auto ext, lots of personal reserves, and Vert Stab for playing 5 battles.  An on top of that they get Equipment sales, and sales on Tiers 2-10, oh and also XP conversion discount.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Here just look for yourself and compare https://worldoftanks...friday-special/

No worries, I was non-specific on what the deals have and have not been for a reason.

I'm well aware of the lack of in-game sales for that stuff.  I'm working all lines in the tech tree and I don't buy stuff when it isn't 30% or 50% off.  There is a ton of stuff I need and I'm waiting for sales.

It sucks, but they will come soon.  I'm assuming that Dec will be good to us, so I'm saving up.

I may splurge and retrain a commander for my duck to do the Ace mission this weekend, and that is all the gold I plan to spend until a sale comes.

Edited by angrybovine, Nov 23 2018 - 18:33.

Bonfor #74 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 23:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 244 battles

View PostRocket75_OK, on Nov 23 2018 - 07:08, said:

Not only that, but with Amazon Pay no longer an option, it's getting more difficult to spend money...credit cards don't like international transactions, so for me it's a 14 mile round trip to the nearest CVS for a gift card.

Rocket75_OK #75 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 00:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 14504 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 23 2018 - 16:44, said:

Well basically there are premium tank sales and nothing else.  Here is another link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

xxNOOBKILLAxx #76 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 01:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 10660 battles
  • [GOG] GOG
Isnt in great that they bring back the $1000 package?  lol WOT a joke!

silbervogel #77 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 02:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49508 battles
  • [911] 911

Was there a reason for no black tank marathon this year?

Or did the people who designed the mission left and you guys don't know how to design those missions?

UTurnTerminator #78 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 12:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9163 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
I remember when the Shwartzpanzer was sold for like $25 as a "thank you" to players who bought stuff during the sales. Man, 2016 seems like forever ago now.

Of course, I can't buy jack during this sale without Amazon Pay. I'm not going to expose my card to potential fraud, nor do I really feel like going to buy a bunch of gift cards just so I can convert them in a roundabout way to buy tanks. It feels dicey enough as it is buying pixel tanks that cost more than most complete games on Steam right now; it needn't feel any more like I'm part of some criminal operation to send funds overseas. Fingers crossed it gets fixed before the event is over.

CraterBait #79 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 16:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 33908 battles

Finally 15% off a tier 8 premium tanks, I waited so I could get the LT-432, I was excited... OH! It's 15% off the gold price and you can't buy it with gold! Excitement short lived!

I note that others are discounted in the premium shop for approximately 30% off and I had my eye on one that I was going to buy with the LT-432 but without LT-432 it's not going to happen. The base version of the LT-432 was not discounted so why not allow people to purchase it for the 15% off you are offering on other tier 8 premium tanks? Lets face it, WarGaming do not answer these questions, their disrespect of their player base is part of the reason I have not spent money in their shop for so long. I was actually geared up to buy the LT-432, that was a guaranteed sale and I was pretty sure I was going to purchase one discounted one from the Thanks Giving Week 32 vehicle deal... but alas it was not to be. 

Nice work WarGaming, wallet back in pocket... almost caused me to spend money. So close!

Austin8585 #80 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 20:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 11106 battles
Wow it's thanksgiving to Wargaming.  Only discounts they gave us were gold!  Guess what you get 0 of my gold and 0 of my real $.  Treat us better like many have said and maybe you might see it.  Sad that this thanksgiving was supposed to be only payments to you, nothing for us.  Screwed us on Veterans day and now Thanksgiving. I am not investing into a game that seems it wants to kill it's playerbase.  Next thing I know you will close the NA server down because of poor sales (because of your own stupidity) and all the $ I spent was wasted.   No thanks!  Guess I will play for free until you kill your NA playerbase because you refuse to put anything NOT GOLD on sale (equipment, consumables, regular tanks).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users