Kv-1 Premium Rounds

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

munnkey3 #1 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 02:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
Just got the Kv-1 and cant bounce a shot to save my life. I've heard the tank is supposed to be noob friendly, however, the only shot i've bounced so far is from my own team. I try to angle my armor but even tier 4 tanks can pen my hull. Also I get gold spammed every game. What do I do?

_1204_ #2 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 03:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles

View Postmunnkey3, on Nov 20 2018 - 02:53, said:

Just got the Kv-1 and cant bounce a shot to save my life. I've heard the tank is supposed to be noob friendly, however, the only shot i've bounced so far is from my own team. I try to angle my armor but even tier 4 tanks can pen my hull. Also I get gold spammed every game. What do I do?

Few armor is absolutely invulnerable *looks angrily at t95s front* KV1 is also one of (if not the) most played tier 5. People know how to deal with the monster. As per usual, your lower front plate is a nice weakspot. You also have some flat areas on your upper front that are easy for many guns. Try hulldown and sidescraping. The turret is pretty good, and your angled side is enough for anything. 

Play it smart and it will come around. As with any heavy, the goal isn't to block shells, as more it is to not get shot (excluding maybe sidescraping). Wish I could figure out how to upload a replay... Had a killer 1v6 that I ended up losing in a kv1 in a 1v1 to a valentine (mistook it for valentine 2 and rushed it). About had a heart attack after it was over

Edited by _1204_, Nov 20 2018 - 03:12.

wkcw1 #3 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 03:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16282 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

You can see if the shells that penetrated you are AP or APCR. The latter has become the norm now so playing like a slow heavy deflecting shots at top tier is now obsolete.

RC_1140 #4 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 63647 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Learn about angling, sidescraping, and going hull down. 

madogthefirst #5 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 24252 battles
If you plan on playing more heavies best get used to gold spam. Side scrape when ever possible, make sure you stay angled and move diagonally toward opponents, and make yourself a smaller target by only showing your turret in a hull down position when you have to fire.

Karmadharma #6 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 16:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14727 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I don't know what others did but I put the derp gun on the KV-1 and acted in support of other heavies and mediums, from a bit farther back. I avoided brawling if I could. But bounced quite a few from mid and long range. Meanwhile the 122 derp did its thing. The KV-1 is the first tank I one marked because of those tactics, and I played this game about 9 months before I got to that experience.

Da_Craw #7 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 21:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 27359 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
The KV-1 was much more fearsome back when it faced tier 3s.  Now?  Not so much.  Your front hull is vulnerable to everything higher tiered and most of the better guns at T4-5.  Do not expose it.  Side-scrape.  Go hull down when you can.  It doesn't have great gun depression so your first choice is to side scrape whenever possible.  The sides and turret WILL bounce a lot of shots, especially when you are top tier.  It is a good trainer for new players because it teaches you to side scrape and go hull down by GETTING YOUR HULL PENNED WHEN YOU DO IT WRONG.  It is still a good tank.  The guns are all solid, it has good HP and it has good survivability when played right.  Top tier it should be leading a flank.  Mid and bottom, supporting from the front.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users