Jump to content


Type 5 Vs Heat


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Thats_Frosty #1 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 19:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
Simple question as I suck when it comes to this. What the hell do I do vs other tier 10 tanks spamming heat at me? Doesn't seem to matter how I angle the tank, it just doesn't bounce those shells very well

Dockmaster #2 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 19:17

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44011 battles
  • 5,938
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011
You're in what is arguably the most OP tank in the game. Of course they are spamming gold at you. There is nothing we Type 5 Heavy tankers can do about it.

BillDing1 #3 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 19:18

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7388 battles
  • 419
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
don't rely on the armor?

Bad_Oedipus #4 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 19:18

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 44292 battles
  • 1,572
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

Only places that can withstand the HEAT are sides up to the top of the wheels.  I'ts all spaced armor disguised as a tank hull.  Unfortunately it's a fairly common knowledge, so it's not very useful against decant players.

 

On the other hand, only tanks not shooting gold at it are Swedish TDs... sometimes.  Don't count on morons at tier 10.  Best thing to do is avoid being shot at till you're ready and willing to fire.  



Thats_Frosty #5 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 19:46

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 20 2018 - 18:17, said:

You're in what is arguably the most OP tank in the game. Of course they are spamming gold at you. There is nothing we Type 5 Heavy tankers can do about it.

 

It wasn't that i'm complaining about it, I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong

Dockmaster #6 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 19:51

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44011 battles
  • 5,938
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

View PostThats_Frosty, on Nov 20 2018 - 11:46, said:

 

It wasn't that i'm complaining about it, I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong

 

I should have elaborated. My apologies.

 

No manner of angling is saving me from heat rounds that I can see. I should be reveling in this tank and I'm not. It's another OP/UBER tank in everyone's hands but mine.



beachead08 #7 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 31249 battles
  • 103
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014
You are in a broken tank only exceeded by arty.   You have armor that has to have gold spammed at it even from flat sides and rear.  Then you shoot a gun that blaps HE and can hit the enemy tank anywhere for 500 plus dmg, to heck with actually having to aim your shot and their armor, hit them anywhere for a fun time.  Meanwhile they spam HEAT at you but still have to really aim it for those flat "weak" spots for it to pen....... and you complain....????????????  really?  

Thats_Frosty #8 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 20 2018 - 18:51, said:

 

I should have elaborated. My apologies.

 

No manner of angling is saving me from heat rounds that I can see. I should be reveling in this tank and I'm not. It's another OP/UBER tank in everyone's hands but mine.

 

Actually I haven't been doing terrible in the tank in terms of damage (Granted I wish they would buff the 14cm for the type 5 because I hate the derp) I was asking a simple question so I can change up my gameplay and get better results in the tank

Bad_Oedipus #9 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 44292 battles
  • 1,572
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View Postbeachead08, on Nov 20 2018 - 14:02, said:

..Then you shoot a gun that blaps HE and can hit the enemy tank anywhere for 500 plus dmg, to heck with actually having to aim 

 

If you aim, you can do ~100-200 more damage 



Thats_Frosty #10 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postbeachead08, on Nov 20 2018 - 19:02, said:

You are in a broken tank only exceeded by arty.   You have armor that has to have gold spammed at it even from flat sides and rear.  Then you shoot a gun that blaps HE and can hit the enemy tank anywhere for 500 plus dmg, to heck with actually having to aim your shot and their armor, hit them anywhere for a fun time.  Meanwhile they spam HEAT at you but still have to really aim it for those flat "weak" spots for it to pen....... and you complain....????????????  really?  

 

Once again, HOW AM I COMPLAINING? i'm simply asking if i'm doing something wrong since heat shells go through the tank like butter. If it's not an angle problem then I know I have to stay behind cover and effectively trade my shots. Also, yeah I know the gun is unfair because you don't have to aim it, tbh I don't like it because I found on the Type 4, the 14cm was more consistent dpm for me. If the soft stats were buffed on that gun for the Type 5, i'd be using that in heartbeat 

Edited by Thats_Frosty, Nov 20 2018 - 20:17.


Panzerkind #11 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 35369 battles
  • 2,128
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostThats_Frosty, on Nov 20 2018 - 13:08, said:

Simple question as I suck when it comes to this. What the hell do I do vs other tier 10 tanks spamming heat at me? Doesn't seem to matter how I angle the tank, it just doesn't bounce those shells very well

 

Just out-trade them. They have to pen every shot and you don't even have to aim. Just back out around the corner enough to graze their tracks with an HE shell and get hidden and then do it again. 

You will win that fight every time unless you are outnumbered. 

Thats_Frosty #12 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostPanzerkind, on Nov 20 2018 - 19:19, said:

 

Just out-trade them. They have to pen every shot and you don't even have to aim. Just back out around the corner enough to graze their tracks with an HE shell and get hidden and then do it again. 

You will win that fight every time unless you are outnumbered. 

 

Yeah that makes sense as I normally try to shoot under the tank to do more damage.

See now that I know I just have to be more careful and approach how I play the tank.

Thanks for the advice



beachead08 #13 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:34

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 31249 battles
  • 103
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

Your OP came off as ranting yet again about HEAT/gold rounds.  Wanting to get better I can respect.  The fact you have to shoot gold at that tank, while an aggravation, isn't the problem.  That gun breaks that tank.  We all know wargaming does not want to improve the game for the player base, so you can use that broken gun to your advantage.  Do what Panzerkind suggested and basically out trade the enemy.  Do not give them the flats for the heat to pen, remember tracks eat heat rounds all day long.  Do not bother to aim your shots, just hitting the edge of their tank will give you satisfaction.  Most pubbies will shoot their rounds at you the first chance so bait that, take your snap shot, hide for reload, rinse and repeat.  

When I see a player in the Type doing this type of thing I relocate cause it will be a losing battle on my end.  



Almighty_Johnson #14 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 20:47

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25257 battles
  • 2,245
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Nov 20 2018 - 13:18, said:

On the other hand, only tanks not shooting gold at it are Swedish TDs... sometimes.  

LOL.  Tru Dat.

 



Thats_Frosty #15 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 21:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postbeachead08, on Nov 20 2018 - 19:34, said:

Your OP came off as ranting yet again about HEAT/gold rounds.  Wanting to get better I can respect.  The fact you have to shoot gold at that tank, while an aggravation, isn't the problem.  That gun breaks that tank.  We all know wargaming does not want to improve the game for the player base, so you can use that broken gun to your advantage.  Do what Panzerkind suggested and basically out trade the enemy.  Do not give them the flats for the heat to pen, remember tracks eat heat rounds all day long.  Do not bother to aim your shots, just hitting the edge of their tank will give you satisfaction.  Most pubbies will shoot their rounds at you the first chance so bait that, take your snap shot, hide for reload, rinse and repeat.  

When I see a player in the Type doing this type of thing I relocate cause it will be a losing battle on my end.  

 

Yeah, when OP admits he sucks and wants to get better, it's not a rant lol

ogHaKo #16 Posted Nov 20 2018 - 21:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33686 battles
  • 721
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    11-14-2011
Just limit the amount of enemies that can shoot at you, make it so that you get penned once - you deal damage once. Type 5 has 2900 hp for a reason.

General_Greg101 #17 Posted Nov 21 2018 - 03:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16829 battles
  • 681
  • Member since:
    03-20-2014

View PostThats_Frosty, on Nov 20 2018 - 10:08, said:

Simple question as I suck when it comes to this. What the hell do I do vs other tier 10 tanks spamming heat at me? Doesn't seem to matter how I angle the tank, it just doesn't bounce those shells very well

 

     The best thing to do in this scenario is take cover, and bait the shots (as in get them to bounce, or miss). The Type's armor can do this, but it has to be heavily angled on a position where you can hide the hull corners, especially if it's tier X HEAT. In situations where there is little cover, or no cover just angle up the best you can, jink (back and forth random moves), and try to get to your destination as fast as possible. 

 

 

 

 



Thats_Frosty #18 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 17:16

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20633 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostGeneral_Greg101, on Nov 21 2018 - 02:07, said:

 

     The best thing to do in this scenario is take cover, and bait the shots (as in get them to bounce, or miss). The Type's armor can do this, but it has to be heavily angled on a position where you can hide the hull corners, especially if it's tier X HEAT. In situations where there is little cover, or no cover just angle up the best you can, jink (back and forth random moves), and try to get to your destination as fast as possible. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, i've also found shooting their gun twice in a row works too as it really pisses some players off XD

Brids17 #19 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 19:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6797 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013

View PostDockmaster, on Nov 20 2018 - 18:17, said:

You're in what is arguably the most OP tank in the game. Of course they are spamming gold at you. There is nothing we Type 5 Heavy tankers can do about it.

 

Super conqueror takes that title. Angling versus heat doesn't really work, you either need to be content that you're draining their credits or simply avoid taking shots in the first place. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing a super heavy but that's gold rounds for you. 

WaywardChild #20 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 16:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36686 battles
  • 1,064
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
I'm trying to learn to Type also and just wanted to thank you guys with the positive responses. I got the Type 4 with high hopes and I just suck at it. Love the German lines and really love side scrapping damage, I just can't figure it out in the Type. In the "Average Damage Blocked" in the "Achievement Ratings" I'm always >85% and usually >90%, I just can't bounce damage in the Type 4 so I put owning the Type 5 on the back burner. Thanks again for all the advice, it helps more then just the OP. :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users