Buff German Tier 10 Medium

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Vytone #41 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 12:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 35631 battles
  • [BLZIT] BLZIT
I think they should buff the soft stats on the gun, slightly better armor on the turret, some sort of spaced armor for heat and HE shells make it so that the tank doesn't completely break every time its shot, and then give it really good camo. The best camo of all the mediums since its still so damn squishy. It cant do a light tanks job because light tanks get spotted and live. It should be able to use its view range and stay hidden while it shoots its very accurate "sniper" gun. I don't mean it shouldnt be spotted or be invisible just saying give it better camo than a BatChat.

FatFreddiesCat #42 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 16:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 39069 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

It needs a gun handling buff, aim-time accuracy and pen. Should be used for range support on a push or to protect a flank from distance with enough speed to be able to change flanks.

Then it can do its knife fighting at the end of the battle with its mobility. It is balanced out by the bad armor and easy rack. It's also the best looking tank in the game!

Make the Leopard great again!

oldewolfe #43 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 17:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 20269 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

It was the ONLY Tier 10 Tank I ever even Considered when I started....      The 30.02D however, put me Back onto my Tiger I Grind and now the E100 sits in my Garage with my 5 other Tier 10's.....        So, we're Back to the Leopard I Grind and Past the 30.02D.....

I've played it Plenty on the Test Server, I personally Like the Tank.....        Medium it most certainly isn't, Hybrid it is though, Light/Medium Hybrid....         I mean really, how else can you Describe it since, aside from it's own Line, you have 2 other Places to get to it from and Both of those are the Light Tank Line.....

I like that it'll be getting an Update next year, they haven't said anything as to What though....      But I like the Plates they have added to Later Models of the Leopard I's Turret, similar to the S.Conq and Caern AX....     Being a Light Hybrid then, Camo and View Range could be Nice Additions as the Gun Works fine when given the Time to....       Maybe allow it to get to Speed better from a Standing Start, and more Precise Drivabilty....      Either way, when it hits my Garage, I'll be Happy regardless of what they do to it...      The Fact they're doing anything at all is a Plus....

Arclyte #44 Posted Dec 24 2018 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16718 battles

268 pen and 1.8 base aim time is perfectly fine

The .17 dispersion during tank traverse/turret rotation is the problem.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #45 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 05:20

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostThe_Iron_Bullet, on Nov 22 2018 - 01:09, said:

You say the leo sucks, but I'd argue the K-91 is just as useless.

Exactly, they have the same role.  Parasitical sniping medium tanks at tier 10 sitting back not sharing HP shouldn't win a lot.  They could play the E-50M, but that's not as easy to stat pad in.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #46 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 05:23

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostInfinityShadow, on Nov 22 2018 - 23:02, said:

View PostLuna__, on Nov 22 2018 - 13:50, said:

A leo 1 is a larger T10 lt with a much better gun. Great camo, spotting, dpm. Ammo rack is just a thing, it's fast and has enough depression to avoid getting hit. Its map dependent, just takes mistakes and practice to find good spots to work from. Still those who say it's terrible need to go back their dull RU meds that have been cloned 6 times over. At least it's original. 1500 leo games, 3 mark, ask away.

I'm in the same boat. 3 marked mine and personally i love the tank but people want easy tanks to play.

THIS, 100% THIS.  Same reason people want the T110e5 buffed back, they don't want to have to hide it's coupola, same reason they want German turret faces buffed.  They don't want to have to stay disciplined and play to the tank, they want the tank to do all the work. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #47 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 05:28

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDirizon, on Nov 23 2018 - 10:32, said:

View PostLuna__, on Nov 22 2018 - 08:20, said:

A leo 1 is a larger T10 lt with a much better gun. Great camo, spotting, dpm. Ammo rack is just a thing, it's fast and has enough depression to avoid getting hit. Its map dependent, just takes mistakes and practice to find good spots to work from. Still those who say it's terrible need to go back their dull RU meds that have been cloned 6 times over. At least it's original. 1500 leo games, 3 mark, ask away.

lt does not have the armour of T1O

lt has low DPM for a tier X med, less camo than those cloned RU tanks

For all Leo supposed precision and raw gun stats, they of course coupled it with subpar soft gun stats

Because you, or Lemmingrush, or sirfoch can do well in this tank, does not mean it is a good tank. lt is a rather bad tier X tank, that the saving grace is nice 3/5/7 to devastate lower tiers, while avoiding the three enemy even tier, which Leo does well because of speed. 'which can result in losses very easily, as tier X do not get challenged and run rampant, but this so called leopard is left in a losing cause to farm 3K damage. above all, accuracy is a poor unreliable metric to use in balancing. 

It's not only them that can do well in this tank.  We have green level players in EOR that do well in the tank(green, same as their overall skill level).   People are too lazy and stubborn to play to the tank, they demand the tank be something it's not.  If it were bad, you'd see average players playing lower than their level in it and that's not what I've seen.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #48 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostNeatoMan, on Nov 25 2018 - 03:47, said:

This is all you need to see to know how "good" of a tank it is.  Most high skill tanks over perform for skilled players, while this one requires a high skilled player just to perform adequately.  A curve like this just screams "buff me"

That's not what is screams to me.  It tells me that lower than average players expect the tank to be something it's not(like other tanks, and buffed to be that something that it's not) instead of playing to the tank.

I've had great success in actually playing to the tank.  Up to 7k PR and top 10% of all players this month by doing exactly that.  By stopping trying to force a tank to do what I want and ensuring I play to the tanks' strengths.  Something I have to try and try to get EOR2 members to learn.  That they MUST play to the tank, not force it to do what they want, because that's not how the game works. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #49 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 05:37

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSnowPanzer, on Nov 25 2018 - 18:07, said:

Regardless it is rated as one of the top 10 worst tanks in WOT

Because people want it to be something it's not.  That, and sniping mediums that can't share HP etc in tier 10 are quite a detriment to the team in most cases.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #50 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 06:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3791 battles

View PostArclyte, on Dec 24 2018 - 17:24, said:

268 pen and 1.8 base aim time is perfectly fine

The .17 dispersion during tank traverse/turret rotation is the problem.

u do know those stats r fake right

that gun no way 268 lol. pens like china 248 at best

1.8 aim time more like 2.4

let talk about sigma. compare to e50m/strv/grille. leo throw shells everywhere possible like stb. 

ppl who talk about gun stats on leo never do well in leo. why dat? maybe because its paper stats mean nothing. i rather play russian tank with nad stat. hit more.  proof is in actual stats post game. only stats that matter

Edited by jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, Dec 25 2018 - 06:31.

NeatoMan #51 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 07:52

Major

• Players
  • 27286 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 24 2018 - 23:35, said:

That's not what is screams to me.  It tells me that lower than average players everyone but unicums expect the tank to be something it's not(like other tanks, and buffed to be that something that it's not) instead of playing to the tank.

fixed

Only players 56%wr players and above can get the tank to perform adequately.    Put those same players in most any other tier 10 medium and they will win more than they do in a leopard1.  56%wr and above is only 1% of the player base.  Therefore, it under performs for 99% of the players who drive it.   That's what those charts say.

Block Quote

I've had great success in actually playing to the tank.  Up to 7k PR and top 10% of all players this month by doing exactly that.  By stopping trying to force a tank to do what I want and ensuring I play to the tanks' strengths.  Something I have to try and try to get EOR2 members to learn.  That they MUST play to the tank, not force it to do what they want, because that's not how the game works.

not on this account  I'd like to see the win rate you are getting in it, or are you just farming damage?   Its strengths do not win games.  It's good at doing something that's fairly ineffective when it comes to winning

EmperorJuliusCaesar #52 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 08:37

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostNeatoMan, on Dec 25 2018 - 13:52, said:

fixed

Only players 56%wr players and above can get the tank to perform adequately.    Put those same players in most any other tier 10 medium and they will win more than they do in a leopard1.  56%wr and above is only 1% of the player base.  Therefore, it under performs for 99% of the players who drive it.   That's what those charts say.

not on this account  I'd like to see the win rate you are getting in it, or are you just farming damage?   Its strengths do not win games.  It's good at doing something that's fairly ineffective when it comes to winning

So because players want it to be something it's not it should be changed?  Why have different tanks to begin with if players demand they all be the same?

"""Put those same players in most any other tier 10 medium and they will win more than they do in a leopard1.""""

Well of course, it's a very different tank, a FAR more helpful tank.  Tanks that can tank shots, share HP and be right there to support the team are doing FAR more for the team than someone taking up a medium tank slot and staying away from the fight to snipe.  No way should they be able to win at the same rate, they're not contributing as much to the actual fight, they are staying away from it.  Yes that's what they tank is meant to do, but that doesn't help the team nearly as much and that's what the result is.

My statement: Up to 7k PR and top 10% of all players this month by doing exactly that. (777 battles so far)

Maybe you want to check again.....or read again because what I posted is exactly correct.

No idea how to post the picture, I just took the screenshot if you'd like to see it.  Since I last reset my session stats, 57.5% win%(means I'm helping the team, not farming) 1543 wn8.  I've fallen a little, I had them for last 7 days at a little above 1700.   I can email it to you right away if you'd like.  And that's playing with 300-350 ping from Asia :-)

NeatoMan #53 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 27286 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 25 2018 - 02:37, said:

So because players want it to be something it's not it should be changed?  Why have different tanks to begin with if players demand they all be the same?

Not necessarily changed, just buffed.  If that something is totally under performing and ineffective in the current environment, it needs a buff.  Nobody is saying to give it soviet bouncenium armor.   It can still be different, just make it better at what it's designed to do, such as buff its soft gun stats so that it is as accurate as the accuracy stats say, instead of subjecting it to so many hidden parameters that screw it over.  

EmperorJuliusCaesar #54 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostNeatoMan, on Dec 25 2018 - 20:27, said:

Not necessarily changed, just buffed.   If that something is totally under performing and ineffective in the current environment, it needs a buff.  It can still be different, just make it better at what it's designed to do, such as buff its soft gun stats so that it is as accurate as the accuracy stats say, instead of subjecting it to so many hidden parameters that screw it over.

But it IS effective for those that play it right.  It's very good at what it does.  It's not effective on every map, nor with every team, but no tanks are.  No way should a parasitical sniper have armor etc.  If they want armor, there's the E50M, a very effective brawling/ramming machine a tank that can play up front and help the team much more than sitting back and sniping.  People want it to be something it's not, and would make it unbalanced(imo).

NeatoMan #55 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 15:05

Major

• Players
  • 27286 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 25 2018 - 09:01, said:

But it IS effective for those that play it right.  It's very good at what it does.  It's not effective on every map, nor with every team, but no tanks are.  No way should a parasitical sniper have armor etc.  If they want armor, there's the E50M, a very effective brawling/ramming machine a tank that can play up front and help the team much more than sitting back and sniping.  People want it to be something it's not, and would make it unbalanced(imo).

Why does it have to be relegated to a role that's not conducive to winning games?  If only the top 1% of the player base are able to squeeze out just barely acceptable results, and 99% get worse than acceptable results, then something is wrong with it, no matter how you slice it.  It's a tier 10 tank.  There shouldn't be any turds at the end of the line.

You've advocated SBMM because there are so many terrible players that can't be bothered to do things right.  Tanks are meant to be balanced.  That's the entire reason for all those buffs and nerfs throughout the years.  The Leopard1 is one of those terrible players you claim needs help from WG.

Edited by NeatoMan, Dec 25 2018 - 16:23.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #56 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 16:17

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostNeatoMan, on Dec 25 2018 - 21:05, said:

Why does it have to be relegated to a role that's not conducive to winning games?  If only the top 1% of the player base are able to squeeze out just barely acceptable results, and 99% get worse than acceptable results, then something is wrong with it, no matter how you slice it.  It's a tier 10 tank.  There shouldn't be any turds at the end of the line.

You've advocated SBMM because there are so many terrible players that can't be bothered to do things right.  Tanks are meant to be balanced.  That's the entire reason for all those buffs and nerfs throughout the years.  The Leopard1 is one of those terrible players you claim needs help from WG.

""Why does it have to be relegated to a role that's not conducive to winning games?""

Well, other tier 10s suffer from the same problems(especially in the all too common tier 12 games), maybe not on the same maps, but others do as well.  If played to it's strengths it does do well(team class makeup matters a ton), it's the same issue with other tanks, many want them to be something they aren't and want the tank changed instead of playing a different tank or learning to play to it's strengths.  Do what some want to it and it will be just another e50M....and that goes back to why make tanks the same? 

There are people in EOR with 1200 wn8 that can do very well in it because they play to the tank(team class makeup matters a ton), you don't have to be in the top 1%.  We have a lot of stubborn players that pick a tank based on history or how it looks instead of it's playstyle.....then refuse to play to it's strengths and demand the tank be changed to them instead of adapting to their tank.  That's pretty backwards.

Fast heavies play different from more armored heavies, high alpha lights play different from low alpha lights, assault tds play different from glass cannon tds, and brawling mediums play different from sniping mediums.  The variety is great, one shouldn't expect them all to succeed in every matchup(team class makeup matters a ton).  The TOG is great when it gets to battle, but it depends on the matchup, sometimes it's paired with tanks and it can't even catch up to the battle.

I don't think it's a turd at all, but being a support medium it's at the mercy of team makeup more, and that doesn't have to do with the tank, it has to do with what others are playing.

""You've advocated SBMM because there are so many terrible players that can't be bothered to do things right.""

Yes, because player skill matters more than anything else.  Most skilled players can do well in most tanks.  Of course we have our favored classes and tanks, but it's easy to perform well if you play to the tank.  That's gotta be the number one thing that has made me better, playing to the tank.

I can easily hold green/blue recents now and I still prefer skill matching, but not SBMM, we don't have the player base, instead Swap MM.  Would I get stuck with worse teams with high green/blue recents, yes, and that's fine.....because I like actual competition, not auto-wins or auto-losses.  They are boring and there's no challenge.  Though I gotta say, I am getting better at turning some of them into wins :-)  Still, it's not worth it to have those matchups when instead we could have a challenge every battle.

If the Leopard needs a LITTLE help, ok, but I could see it becoming very unbalanced if it's given too much.  I don't think it's the tank though, I think it's the players not adapting to it, and possibly more importantly....the over-saturation of view range at tier 10.  Too many tanks(mediums) at top tier have ridiculous view ranges and on these maps we have, some being way too small to have enough room for support mediums to work with.  If I had my way I'd nerf tier 10 medium view ranges to bring back light tanks and make them useful and bring back vision control instead of the vision saturation we have.  Just my opinion.

NeatoMan #57 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 16:23

Major

• Players
  • 27286 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 25 2018 - 10:17, said:

""Why does it have to be relegated to a role that's not conducive to winning games?""

Well, other tier 10s suffer from the same problems(especially in the all too common tier 12 games), maybe not on the same maps, but others do as well.  If played to it's strengths it does do well(team class makeup matters a ton), it's the same issue with other tanks, many want them to be something they aren't and want the tank changed instead of playing a different tank or learning to play to it's strengths.  Do what some want to it and it will be just another e50M....and that goes back to why make tanks the same?

Fast heavies play different from more armored heavies, high alpha lights play different from low alpha lights, assault tds play different from glass cannon tds, and brawling mediums play different from sniping mediums.  The variety is great, one shouldn't expect them all to succeed in every matchup(team class makeup matters a ton).  The TOG is great when it gets to battle, but it depends on the matchup, sometimes it's paired with tanks and it can't even catch up to the battle.

I don't think it's a turd at all, but being a support medium it's at the mercy of team makeup more, and that doesn't have to do with the tank, it has to do with what others are playing.

If the Leopard needs a LITTLE help, ok, but I could see it becoming very unbalanced if it's given too much.  I don't think it's the tank though, I think it's the players not adapting to it, and possibly more importantly....the over-saturation of view range at tier 10.  Too many tanks(mediums) at top tier have ridiculous view ranges and on these maps we have, some being way too small to have enough room for support mediums to work with.  If I had my way I'd nerf tier 10 medium view ranges to bring back light tanks and make them useful and bring back vision control instead of the vision saturation we have.  Just my opinion.

Tier 10 LTs are a good example.  They have a fairly limited and defined role, and none of it involves brawling.  Some of them are able to perform fairly well in that role, yet others are terrible.   What gives the ones that do well in that role such an advantage over the others?  They should be able to buff the turds so that they can perform in the same role, without having to change that role.  Same with the Leopard.  Just because it has a narrowly defined role doesn't mean it doesn't need a buff

Block Quote

There are people in EOR with 1200 wn8 that can do very well in it because they play to the tank(team class makeup matters a ton), you don't have to be in the top 1%.  We have a lot of stubborn players that pick a tank based on history or how it looks instead of it's playstyle.....then refuse to play to it's strengths and demand the tank be changed to them instead of adapting to their tank.  That's pretty backwards.

My guess is that they probably get it to work by platooning.  As I have seen in unicum replays, that means bringing someone along in a more competent tank to hold the enemy's attention while the Leopard does its work from its safe cushy hiding spot.  Just like swap MM lets bad players win more by ensuring they have better players on their teams, the Leopard needs someone else who is in something better to make it win.

You are basically telling Leopard drivers to "git gud" (as in unicum levels of good).   Maybe you can apply that same logic when it comes to skill balance?

Edited by NeatoMan, Dec 25 2018 - 16:53.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #58 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 17:10

Major

• Players
  • 33043 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostNeatoMan, on Dec 25 2018 - 22:23, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 25 2018 - 10:17, said:

Tier 10 LTs are a good example.  They have a fairly limited and defined role, and none of it involves brawling.  Some of them are able to perform fairly well in that role, yet others are terrible.   What gives the ones that do well in that role such an advantage over the others?  They should be able to buff the turds so that they can perform in the same role, without having to change that role.  Same with the Leopard.  Just because it has a narrowly defined role doesn't mean it doesn't need a buff

Block Quote

My guess is that they probably get it to work by platooning.  As I have seen in unicum replays, that means bringing someone along in a more competent tank to hold the enemy's attention while the Leopard does its work from its safe cushy hiding spot.  Just like swap MM lets bad players win more by ensuring they have better players on their teams, the Leopard needs someone else who is in something better to make it win.

You are basically telling Leopard drivers to "git gud" (as in unicum levels of good).   Maybe you can apply that same logic to tomatoes who demand skill balance?

It took me over 3 years to start playing and then get good at playing lights.  Now I can play them all interchangeably with about the same performance level.  Some are better spotters, some are better at combat, but it's not hard to adjust imo.  You just have to be willing to adjust to the tank and it's strengths.  I mean, I've marked them all, only missed one, the T-54 light-weight and that was because I used boosters and got through it very quickly, I'll go back and mark it.  My 10s I haven't marked because I haven't played them much, I had other tier 10s to get.  Done getting 10s until the wheeled vehicles come out so I may have time. 

To me the issue is the MM, and it's soft matching.  If we had the MM of WoWs, the hard matching, you'd have a support medium on both sides and it would equal out, other tanks suffer because of this too.  A 268 v4 is gonna win his team the match much more off than not if the other side has a Grille 15.  That's not the fault of the Grille, it's not bad, it's the unbalanced MM that we get.

""Just like swap MM lets bad players win more by ensuring they have better players on their teams""

I disagree with that, completely.  I don't like auto-wins any bit more than auto-losses.  Fair and contested battles are far more fun and challenging.  It gives each team and equal chance to win, meaning people will try more(except the damage farmers).

""You are basically telling Leopard drivers to "git gud" (as in unicum levels of good). ""

Not what I'm trying to say.  I'm trying to say that people expect it to be something it's not instead of adapting to the tank.  Will it always work out or have good games, no, but neither does every other tank.  Just an opinion man.  I see many people playing tanks in(to me) obvious bad positions for the tank and I sigh knowing that they don't understand the tank they are driving.

"Maybe you can apply that same logic to tomatoes who demand skill balance?"

There are no safe tiers in which to learn, zero.  There are stat padding seal clubbers where people should be able to learn with other newer players.  Instead they get face-rolled in every tier.  They need more time in battles to see what is going on and they don't get that because far too many battles are extremely lopsided to start with.  Why this is so I don't know, I don't think it's all random or it wouldn't take so long to make MM changes.  I could be wrong, none of us really know the truth. 

I used to play MW3 and I sucked, for quite awhile, would always die too fast to really learn.  Then I heard Black ops 1 had a bot program for training.  Got the game and fought the bots for a month or so and developed the ability to kill them, going through the motions.  I went back to MW3 and wrecked, only quit that because of the cheating that went on with invisible ppl running around invisible and knifing their way to MOAB's.  Got good at ruining them with C4, but it just got too bad and I quit.  I don't tolerate games that don't crack down on cheating.  Point being, people learn from seeing and doing things repetitively, if they die to fast, there isn't that opportunity.

Anyway, I think it will get much better when we get the new MM that only has 2 tiers.  It's on the SEA server where I live and players LOVE it.  Players won't die so fast from tanks 2 tiers above them taking 1/3rd or more of their health instantly.  Stock grinds will be better as well.  I know many don't grind stock tanks but I do, I think that held back my stats a bit as well.  Since I finished my last tier 10 I've noticed them going up a bit faster than before.

NeatoMan #59 Posted Dec 25 2018 - 17:18

Major

• Players
  • 27286 battles

But server averages tell the complete story... not "this tank may not be good in this particular situation or that one".   Given the entire set of situations experienced across the server, by the entire skill set of the player base the Leopard1 drastically under performs in almost all of them.   Whereas most tanks have shortcomings that make them non-ideal in a few situations or with a certain sub-section of the player base, the Leopard has shortcomings that make it non-ideal in far more situations and across almost 99% of the player base.   That's exactly what those charts are telling us.

Niche tanks are fine, but they still need to be able to perform well

TheDivision #60 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 15:08

Private

• Players
  • 18608 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

Fixing the leo 1 is easy, and I do agree it has gotten left behind compared to other L7 mediums. I believe the true style of the leo is not a 480 meter sniper but a medium that excels at rotating, stopping, shooting and then repeating.  This is proper Leo play, and any buff should be focused around this and not camping in back sniping all game. I have 2000+ solo battles in leo 1 with 63% w/r,  3.1k dpg and 900 assisted average.

Buffs:

Increase reserve speed/acceleration (this will help peeking and shoot n scoot style)

Small increase too ground resistance values

Improve gun dispersion on turret rotation to e50m levels.

Buffs that it doesn't need:

Dpm

Armor ( like proposed 1a4 turret)

Camo

View range

Buffing gun dispersion while moving

These buff would keep the Leo in it's own playstyle, while not promoting more camping.  It would also keep it a high skill ceiling tank.  

Also tagged with Buff, German, Tier 10, Medium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users