Green Red Random Battle Team Selection Stat Padding New Player Frustration

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BadTiger62 #1 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 06:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY
I read in another forum that Red Team are primarily seasoned players and that the green team are primarily new players - is this true? I often, as a new player, find myself surrounded by Red players who have cut through the green team rather quickly. I have won and survived a handful of battles, but mostly find myself one of the last tanks getting ganged blasted by the red team. Usually a green team victory, I notice, leaves few survivors but a read team victory is about 10-12 tanks left alive. Today, 11/21/18 I played about 8 battles at tier 8 and tier 6 and out of 8 the green teams I was on won only two battles and by the skin of their teeth at that while the other 6 battles were won by red team. I am not sure I can continue to pay or otherwise try and win credits and experience to research tanks when it is so one sided. I am sure this has been said before and probably falls on deaf ears. This company will lose a lot of new players because of this frustration and imbalance. I most likely go back to WWII Online which doesnt have the graphics of WOT or perhaps try War Thunder. I would also like to join a team that is active and would be willing to train a relatively decent new player. I use a Super Pershing at tier 8 but have the means to get any tank if necessary and willing to listen to senior players. I am much better with a team that collaborates rather than a random group that are all on their own. 

scharnhorst310 #2 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 06:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBadTiger62, on Nov 21 2018 - 21:13, said:

I read in another forum that Red Team are primarily seasoned players and that the green team are primarily new players - is this true? I often, as a new player, find myself surrounded by Red players who have cut through the green team rather quickly. I have won and survived a handful of battles, but mostly find myself one of the last tanks getting ganged blasted by the red team. Usually a green team victory, I notice, leaves few survivors but a read team victory is about 10-12 tanks left alive. Today, 11/21/18 I played about 8 battles at tier 8 and tier 6 and out of 8 the green teams I was on won only two battles and by the skin of their teeth at that while the other 6 battles were won by red team. I am not sure I can continue to pay or otherwise try and win credits and experience to research tanks when it is so one sided. I am sure this has been said before and probably falls on deaf ears. This company will lose a lot of new players because of this frustration and imbalance. I most likely go back to WWII Online which doesnt have the graphics of WOT or perhaps try War Thunder. I would also like to join a team that is active and would be willing to train a relatively decent new player. I use a Super Pershing at tier 8 but have the means to get any tank if necessary and willing to listen to senior players. I am much better with a team that collaborates rather than a random group that are all on their own. 

Green and Red team is irrelevant. Each team sees themselves as green, and thus the other as red. Teams are filled with players randomly selected based on their tier and tanks. You are simply grasping at things you don't understand and trying to make sense of it. Since you made it to the forums; take a moment and read as much as you can about this game. I think you'll find it deeply enlightening, and I can guarantee the time you spend doing that you'll get light years better. 

Solid article on how matchmaking forms teams: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10219/

The fun stuff of this game is when you get all this basic knowledge of how everything works understood; and then you can start to learn how to play as a team, how to play each tank just the right way, etc. 

Edited by scharnhorst310, Nov 22 2018 - 06:21.

BadTiger62 #3 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 06:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY

Thanks Scharnhorst310,

I appreciate the helpful feedback

dominator_98 #4 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 06:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 23153 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

You talk like losing six out of eight games is a big deal. If you'd only won 2 more you'd have won 50%. I once had a 13 game losing streak, but here I am at above 50% winrate overall.

Every team you're on is also at a disadvantage because you are new and don't really know as much as the average player, so assuming the other 29 players are all average, your team is slightly worse off. 

This game is brutal to new players, it took me over 8000 games to really grasp what I was doing. Just keep having fun, learn what works/doesn't, and watch about 1,000 hours of guides on game mechanics (only a slight exaggeration of hours).

rockbutcher #5 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 06:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22382 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

With 436 battles you should not be playing at tier 8 nor 6.  The fact that you find yourself surrounded by "red" players at the end tells me that you are hiding until end game, not helping your team.

Stick to lower tiers.  Watch lots of vids on gameplay and tactics.  This is a very complicated game to learn (believe me...because I still suck at it) so take the time to learn how to play.  Grind your crews in tanks that you find enjoyable and them branch out from there.

scharnhorst310 #6 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 06:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBadTiger62, on Nov 21 2018 - 21:23, said:

Thanks Scharnhorst310,

I appreciate the helpful feedback

remember this game isn't a race to tier 10... Each tier with a new tank is suppose to try to teach you something. Low tiers are where you'll find more new players, tanks are easier to play generally; if you are playing tier 8s right off the bat you basically jumped into the shark tank not even knowing how to swim. 

As I said take your time to read and learn; it's like anything else in life I doubt you started off being good at it the first time. But you try, and you learn, and eventually you get there. 

death_stryker #7 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 07:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

You'll be surprised at how much of a difference you make, in a team with 14 other random people against 15 random people. It saddens me that so many resort to conspiracy-style rationalizations instead of logical reasoning.

Here's a personal anecdote: Once upon a time, I hit 2400 recent WN8 (around top 1%, I think); I'd reached something of a personal milestone, and thus decided to join a joe average clan to ease myself into more competitive game modes. I remember my first strongholds session; my detachment probably had less than 1000 average WN8, and that was with my 1500 overalls. Somehow, I was dragging down our winrate; we won 1 game out of 10 that night. My clan wasn't great, but they sure got better than 10% SH winrate. So, what did I do? Did I blame it on the fact that only 2 of the 10 teams we faced were statistically worse than us? Did I blame it on the fact that in a couple games a guy had to AFK to make dinner? No. I knew exactly why we were losing, and I worked hard to change that.

Bootknife #8 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 13:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40850 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
Losing streaks can be painful.  I've had them last long enough to drop my win rate by a full percentage point.  But once it turns, you get the same luck, except of the good variety.  So you just have to suck it up and battle on.  I'd guess at least half of my MoEs come on a match we lost. 

BadTiger62 #9 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 04:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY
Definitely not hiding or camping, so you are assuming incorrectly rockbutcher. I am fighting my a** off. I understand hull down, angle of attack, rate of fire and I study my opponent tanks ROF as well so I know how much time I have before they reload. A lot of tankers, as I observe rush out or press a disadvantage against multiple enemy tanks and the results are obvious. I am no expert here but I understand the basics. And as for being a disadvantage I dont buy that either when I see far more "experienced" players do incredibly stupid things. I get the fact that I must get some time on the pond and a lot of you have been playing for years. All Im saying is that Id rather be on a team with comms and really tactically thinking in the moment rather than 15 individuals running willy nilly all over the board.

BadTiger62 #10 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 04:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY
Thanks all of you for the feedback - really do want to learn this and do better for myself and eventually for a team. 

scharnhorst310 #11 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 07:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View PostBadTiger62, on Nov 22 2018 - 19:23, said:

Definitely not hiding or camping, so you are assuming incorrectly rockbutcher. I am fighting my a** off. I understand hull down, angle of attack, rate of fire and I study my opponent tanks ROF as well so I know how much time I have before they reload. A lot of tankers, as I observe rush out or press a disadvantage against multiple enemy tanks and the results are obvious. I am no expert here but I understand the basics. And as for being a disadvantage I dont buy that either when I see far more "experienced" players do incredibly stupid things. I get the fact that I must get some time on the pond and a lot of you have been playing for years. All Im saying is that Id rather be on a team with comms and really tactically thinking in the moment rather than 15 individuals running willy nilly all over the board.

Some of this is undoubtedly, you don't know, what you don't know. I can guarantee some things and some thoughts you have today about how the game works you'll look back on if you continue and laugh at yourself. 

Clan wars, tourneys, and strongholds are great arenas for comms and high level tactical play. Random battles are random. But there is a skill in seeing the patterns of where people ago and why, how to best maximize your tank, on such and such map, against these types of tanks, at the right time on the map, etc etc etc. 

TankFullOfBourbon #12 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 12:13

Major

• Players
  • 30270 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostBadTiger62, on Nov 22 2018 - 06:13, said:

No and you should not believe everything you read. The world is not flat. The fall of the WTC towers were real. 

The Matchmaker randomly puts players together in teams. Look up Random in a proper dictionary. It's not a guy.

appendage #13 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41305 battles
  • [SZ] SZ
Hmm never been on the red team I'm​ always on green. :facepalm:

BadTiger62 #14 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 20:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5994 battles
  • [MILKY] MILKY
Yeah I get it and I guess I should not believe everything I read but that is why I came to the forums to get it cleared up not beat up - read me?

dunniteowl #15 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 16:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 30782 battles

I have always liked to ask before a match starts:

Hey!  Have any of you ever been ON the Red Team?

It's one of those quirky things that I tend to express during matches.  I have this crazy notion that I can be funny.

OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users