Dear WG - Why Was Amazon Pay Removed?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Raxter54 #1 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 14:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11331 battles
Happy Thanksgiving WGNA people :-)  When I went to purchase the T-92 over the weekend, I noticed my usual payment method (Amazaon) was no longer available. I went ahead and used PayPal. When I got up Monday morning, I had a voice mail from my bank's Fraud department, asking me to verify this "foreign bank" transaction, or they would suspend my debit card and issue a new one. So, why is the Amazon option no longer available? The harder you make it to purchase items, the less inclined I am to do so. Is there no way WGNA can open a bank account there in Austin so we don't have to go thru Cyprus to buy something?

Edited by Raxter54, Nov 22 2018 - 14:49.

MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 15:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25315 battles
They put up an announcement that they're working on it. Apparently it's not a problem with Amazon itself but with Payment Wall, Amazon's payment processor. It's too bad, I tried all the other payment methods and Amazon was the only one I liked. Oh well, their loss.

Raxter54 #3 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 16:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11331 battles

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 22 2018 - 15:03, said:

They put up an announcement that they're working on it. Apparently it's not a problem with Amazon itself but with Payment Wall, Amazon's payment processor. It's too bad, I tried all the other payment methods and Amazon was the only one I liked. Oh well, their loss.

Thanks for the info :-)

IndygoEEI #4 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 57665 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 22 2018 - 09:03, said:

While it is WG's loss, it's also amazon's.  Remember, they take a small cut of sales for

offering this service.  Also stop blaming things on entities that have no control of outside

factors.  It's a ridiculous expectation.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 11708 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Unfortunate timing. It was announced that if you cannot buy a particular time limited deal because of this, you should fill out a ticket WHILE THE OFFER IS IN EFFECT.

Presumably this means they'll give you the same discount when Amazon Pay is back up, they weren't explicit about that but I can see no other reason why.

MagillaGuerilla #6 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 17:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 25315 battles

View PostIndygoEEI, on Nov 22 2018 - 17:05, said:

While it is WG's loss, it's also amazon's.  Remember, they take a small cut of sales for

offering this service.  Also stop blaming things on entities that have no control of outside

factors.  It's a ridiculous expectation.

I'm not blaming anyone. It is what it is.

VIPER_3__ #7 Posted Nov 22 2018 - 17:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 7268 battles
yep, i agree with Raxter, i used Paypal before here on WOT and 3 times my charge card was hacked , once by somebody in england, once by somebody in the ukraine, and once by somebody in germany,....well that did that, i quit buying anything here with Paypal, once Amazon came along I used it without any hacks or theft, i am an amazon prime member anyway, but they dropped amazon for whatever reason,  well a couple of tanks came up in the premium shop i wanted so i looked at what other payments sources were accepted that weren't paypal or amazon,  they take CVS money cards, so i went down to the Local Cvs pharmacy and bought a Cvs cash gift card and used it here, worked like a champ, and the hackers can't do a dam thing about it.....it is a little inconvenient but it keeps the hackers out of your charge card accounts,  i will continue to wait for Amazon to come back here in the mean time i will use Cvs cards to purchase items here...there is a sense of satisfaction out of cutting the hackers balls off with a fixed amount cash card like Cvs....not for everybody but if you really want an item and don't want to be hacked, get a cash card from CVS or even Subway is accepted here...just food for thought...have a great day...

UTurnTerminator #8 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 12:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

View PostYANKEE137, on Nov 22 2018 - 17:10, said:

Unfortunate timing. It was announced that if you cannot buy a particular time limited deal because of this, you should fill out a ticket WHILE THE OFFER IS IN EFFECT.

Presumably this means they'll give you the same discount when Amazon Pay is back up, they weren't explicit about that but I can see no other reason why.

I contacted support and while they were sorry that this may have "detracted from my World of Tanks experience" they did not give me a solid yes or no on the ticket I sent in, and that ticket has since been closed. I'm hoping the support team told you something different than me. :(

Wereami #9 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 23:41

Private

• Players
  • 6697 battles
Pretty disappointed it didn’t get fixed, I’ve Been checking for an update on it everyday, but no go. I just hope they run a similar sale over Christmas 

UTurnTerminator #10 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 00:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
With the Advent calendar starting tomorrow, and Amazon Pay still out, I'm wondering if there's any word or timetable on a fix for this one. My Premium time runs out in a little under a week, and I really don't want to have to go without it through the December events. :(

UTurnTerminator #11 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 01:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

Looks like yet more payment options have been removed. :(

https://i.gyazo.com/...dc0bc98b294.png

Nick_GoVols #12 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 03:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27971 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
I can only use Amazon Pay to purchase things as it doesn't pay international. It would be nice if WG could give us an update on this issue.

Shrike58 #13 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 12:52

Major

• Players
  • 66883 battles
  • [SG] SG
I picked a good week to revise my Paypal account...

Nick_GoVols #14 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 06:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27971 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
If they can't get Amazon payments back, hopefully they can make it charge the NA office instead of the EU office.

UTurnTerminator #15 Posted Dec 08 2018 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

View PostNick_GoVols, on Dec 07 2018 - 06:23, said:

If they can't get Amazon payments back, hopefully they can make it charge the NA office instead of the EU office.

This late into the issue with absolutely no word from anyone, and now the quiet removal of several more payment modes is an ill omen for sure. If I had to guess why there's now a wall of silence on the issue now, despite all the noise about it here on the forums and elsewhere online, I'd guess it's due to litigation of some sort. Just speculation on my part, but I can't fathom how a company this big, making this much money on virtual goods, would simply "omit" a popular payment option during the holiday season and not say anything about it, or make any effort to replace it.

Further, isn't it strange that the advent calendar deals are available for gold? Weird right? Hey, I can't use any of old my payment methods, but I could conceivably go to GameStop, grab some of those "Roll Out!" cards and load up on gold, and... huh... Now, why would they go to all that trouble to build a workaround, if it's just a little glitch on Paymentwall's end? :harp:

At any rate, I don't think Amazon Pay is ever coming back, and the guys running the game aren't going to open a bank in the US when they've been running virtually tax-free in Cyprus for years and years now; not when NA is a dwindling market anyway. I hope I'm wrong about all of this, really I am, but I don't think I will be. :(

circeseye #16 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 01:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2944 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
yea im stuck on this whole payment thing. tried with my visa/debit, then a prepaid visa, then made a paypal account...all payments didnt go through on each.....

Mercenarity #17 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 08:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18701 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I don't see why Amazon Pay wouldn't go back up for the NA side of things. Just recently they had a thing where you link an Amazon account to Twitch and get a unique commander. I can assume that whoever's supposed to be doing so is working on it. For now, folks looking for a more secure way to buy things here could try the gift card exchange. This kind of roadblock might even help players with poor spending habits.

UTurnTerminator #18 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

View PostMercenarity, on Dec 10 2018 - 08:12, said:

I don't see why Amazon Pay wouldn't go back up for the NA side of things. Just recently they had a thing where you link an Amazon account to Twitch and get a unique commander. I can assume that whoever's supposed to be doing so is working on it. For now, folks looking for a more secure way to buy things here could try the gift card exchange. This kind of roadblock might even help players with poor spending habits.

What is this "Gift Card Exchange" you speak of? The old one for CVS cards was also removed.

https://i.gyazo.com/...1aa1c805a56.png

Edited by UTurnTerminator, Dec 10 2018 - 17:31.

circeseye #19 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2944 battles
  • [DHO] DHO

View PostUTurnTerminator, on Dec 10 2018 - 17:30, said:

What is this "Gift Card Exchange" you speak of? The old one for CVS cards was also removed.

https://i.gyazo.com/...1aa1c805a56.png

i noticed they are not removed..just the option to use gift cards on some....i got gold it showed up able to use cvs and such...i went to buy the 10 tank slot there was no option on it for cvs and such

UTurnTerminator #20 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 22:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9168 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

It's my understanding now that it's some sort of "counter-fraud" measure by Wargaming, so I'm out of options.

There's tanks I'd love to pick up that I've already missed out on, and several more I was still looking forward to, but if I can't get them I guess that's that. Still hoping someone from WGNA will say something about the state of things, but it seems a fools hope now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users