Dear WG - Why Was Amazon Pay Removed?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Project100 #21 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 17:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

I'd really like to give WG some of my money. Maybe 75 Christmas boxes worth, but I don't see how to convert a fistful of frickin' Subway gift cards into $100 worth of Premium Shop merchandise.

You'd think that a company as interested in cash as WG seems to be would be better at figuring out ways to get hold of it. SMFH

24_inch_pythons #22 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 28236 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostProject100, on Dec 14 2018 - 10:07, said:

I'd really like to give WG some of my money. Maybe 75 Christmas boxes worth, but I don't see how to convert a fistful of frickin' Subway gift cards into $100 worth of Premium Shop merchandise.

You'd think that a company as interested in cash as WG seems to be would be better at figuring out ways to get hold of it. SMFH

16 different ways to pay and you can't figure out how to make any single one of those 16 ways work.

K

And the instructions for using subway gift cards seems pretty simple. You can add up to 5 Subway cards and redeem them for a Wargaming certificate. I figured out how to do it in about 10 seconds by reading the instructions provided.

Project100 #23 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 19:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Dec 14 2018 - 12:39, said:

16 different ways to pay and you can't figure out how to make any single one of those 16 ways work.

K

And the instructions for using subway gift cards seems pretty simple. You can add up to 5 Subway cards and redeem them for a Wargaming certificate. I figured out how to do it in about 10 seconds by reading the instructions provided.

Sorry, I forgot the sarcasm font. Thanks for your input.

But, no, I'm not giving WG anything in the same fecking Zip Code as my CC numbers or PayPal info.

Maybe, just friggin' MAYBE, WG could stop using whatever shady processing company they're using that caused the whole Amazon fiasco to begin with and join the 21st century online economy so people could stop having to schlep to Dollar General for a secure payment method.

DomoSapien #24 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 20:04

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14500 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
I have been continually adding feedback about the Amazon Pay outage to all my feedback reports. It's quite a complicated issue, and my understanding is that working with billing partners involves drawing up agreements and contracts, the likes of which I frankly lack the legal knowledge to comment on.

To elaborate on Yankee's comment, I'm honestly not sure if Customer Support will be able to offer you some kind of long-term retroactive purchasing alternative considering the circumstances but I am also always of the opinion that it never hurts to put in a ticket and try.

Really though the best solution would be to try another payment method. I understand this may not be possible for everyone, but our hands are tied by policy and process as far as Amazon Pay is concerned and we don't yet have a timeframe for its return.

BigDollarBillz #25 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 37997 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostDomoSapien, on Dec 14 2018 - 14:04, said:

I have been continually adding feedback about the Amazon Pay outage to all my feedback reports. It's quite a complicated issue, and my understanding is that working with billing partners involves drawing up agreements and contracts, the likes of which I frankly lack the legal knowledge to comment on.

To elaborate on Yankee's comment, I'm honestly not sure if Customer Support will be able to offer you some kind of long-term retroactive purchasing alternative considering the circumstances but I am also always of the opinion that it never hurts to put in a ticket and try.

Really though the best solution would be to try another payment method. I understand this may not be possible for everyone, but our hands are tied by policy and process as far as Amazon Pay is concerned and we don't yet have a timeframe for its return.

Thanks for the feed back to those who use amazon pay. I use paypal for everything and have never had any problem.

Project100 #26 Posted Dec 14 2018 - 21:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2972 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View PostDomoSapien, on Dec 14 2018 - 14:04, said:

Thanks for the update, Domo. It goes a long way when you guys give us a little info, even when it's not a solution to the problem. It's nice to not feel like we're just yelling our frustration into an echo chamber here on the forums.

IndygoEEI #27 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 08:20

Major

• Players
  • 59309 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL
Bump and asking for the topic to be pinned.

Samsen #28 Posted Jan 02 2019 - 03:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 33820 battles
  • [M113] M113

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 22 2018 - 07:03, said:

They put up an announcement that they're working on it. Apparently it's not a problem with Amazon itself but with Payment Wall, Amazon's payment processor. It's too bad, I tried all the other payment methods and Amazon was the only one I liked. Oh well, their loss.

Thanks for the info!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users