47 replies to this topic

RagnarokBazil #41 Posted Mar 03 2019 - 03:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25503 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostAverageWannabe, on Nov 22 2018 - 19:34, said:

Hey there, friggin noob here...

I'm going to get this token that they give that allow me to get a free tier 6 tank, and I'm not sure which one to choose... 

I am grinding the russian heavies, currently am at the awful t28, but close to get the kv1 . I know the russian meds are good, but i think i want to grind that line from the beginning.

In the other account i had that I ditched (with around 600 battles), I was grinding the italian meds and I quite liked them, I had a tier V already, so maybe I should go with the italian t6... but there is also the german mediums, the .01p in particular, that ends in 4 tier X tanks. So it might be a good choice since the german tanks kind of suck a bit, specially the earlier tiers... as far as i know.

And then there is the Czech line that looks interesting as heck...

I don't know what to do. What do you guys think?

BTW... I LOVE the game, and I suck at it... i feel that I will NEVER learn, but I will NOT give up! ...despite the frustration.

Appreciate any pointers

Take care.

A.W

if you want credits and your free to play the m44 is your best bet. as it earns the most credits as a non prem tank.

P.S: just noticed the date lol

Edited by RagnarokBazil, Mar 03 2019 - 03:37.

No_Regerts #42 Posted Sep 20 2019 - 00:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 48 battles
All of you are nuts. Why wouldn't you get the M-44 or something equivalent so you can complete the missions without grinding the arty line???? Makes no sense to pick the previous tanks mentioned.

Gunn_Fyter #43 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 00:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 472 battles
What line do you plan on going up? If you plan on going up the British TD line, then get the Churchill Gun Carrier. It's 49k XP to grind to it from the Churchill I, and the highest XP sink of all tier 6 tanks. You'll be saving yourself a lot of aggravation trying to unlock it in the Churchill I if you get it for free with your token. It can be frustrating to play, but you can bypass the rest of the line up to that point and start working on the tier 7 right away. 

el_01 #44 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 04:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3354 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGunn_Fyter, on Sep 29 2019 - 16:50, said:

What line do you plan on going up? If you plan on going up the British TD line, then get the Churchill Gun Carrier. It's 49k XP to grind to it from the Churchill I, and the highest XP sink of all tier 6 tanks. You'll be saving yourself a lot of aggravation trying to unlock it in the Churchill I if you get it for free with your token. It can be frustrating to play, but you can bypass the rest of the line up to that point and start working on the tier 7 right away. 

With a really poor gun. Haven't played it, but I don't think the armour can save the pew pew gun.

ChaseR392 #45 Posted Sep 30 2019 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8313 battles

View PostGunn_Fyter, on Sep 30 2019 - 00:50, said:

I wouldn't wish the Churchill GC on any new player.....

Even fully researched with the 32 pdr. it is a fairly difficult tank to play.... I won't say it is total, irredeemable garbage.... but certainly not a good tank to learn Tier 6 in regardless of what line you want to research.

1ST_AD_Abrams #46 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 20:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3869 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Rather than cause my topic covering the same problem of which tank to choose, I will just ask in here instead.  I still cannot decide on a tier 6.  It literally seems like I should throw a dart and where it lands is the tank I would get.  I still do not want spg.  I am not totally sold on anything American (yes shocking to say that as an American - but if the M1A1 shows up then I change my tune - but leave that debate for the future) except maybe the hellcat/wolverine TD's.  I have reach I think t5 maybe t6 on the one hvy line of tanks for US.  The brits I have gone down both Med line and found that one converts to horribly big and bigger profile td's (almost like they copied the KV series) the other seems weaker and weaker armor and gun.  Sweden, didn't like anything there (played during the promo period for Sweden).

I have mostly gone with German tanks only due to reputation.  I know they will be good to some and horrible to others.  I heard there is some bias in favor of Russian tanks and have used the T-34 85 or 100 L - the one from frontlines but I can't compare it to a t3/4/5 tank to know if it was the best.  I have tried the Kan 105 (TD German, T8 I think - from twitch) and liked and hated it with no turret.  The Centurion T8 also twitch on 14 day access, I loved the speed but once again I can't compare that to the t3/4/5 either.  The King Tiger © tier 7 if I am correct, I have had my good and bad in that (well actually that is true of anything I have been in so that just makes the choice even harder).  I know the tank won't make me better but I need something that at least doesn't make lackluster skills even worse (aka Sherman III).

So I am still out there looking pondering

Ken_McGuire #47 Posted Oct 02 2019 - 21:35

Captain

• Players
  • 31503 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

M1A1 will not happen. This game avoids modern smoothbore cannons and composite armor...

In general, do not go German tanks because of their reputation in this game. Some of this is that in reality the German tanks didn't quite live up to their repuation, and some of this how the German tanks are tiered in this game, and some of it is map and game design - and especially combat ranges - which generally are not favorable to German tanks.

While the discussion in this thread is a bit dated, in many ways it is still good. T-34-85 would be a very good choice - and M44 also has many good aspects.

The T-34-85 is a good flexible tier 6 medium tank that can teach you a lot about how to play medium tanks. And from it you can go up the Soviet Medium tank line - with many good tanks along the way, even if the cross over to the "fast heavy" lines by way of the KV-13 is has been moved to the A-43.

The M44 (US arty) is a very (and probably too) flexible and beginner friendly arty - and if you are going to play this game, you should learn at least a bit about what Arty does well - and what it does not, so that you are less of an obvious target in your other tanks. In addition, it is a fairly good silver earner.

A quick look at your stats suggests you have a bit you can still learn at mid-tiers - and both of these tanks can help with this in at least some areas.

el_01 #48 Posted Oct 03 2019 - 04:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3354 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post1ST_AD_Abrams, on Oct 02 2019 - 12:31, said:

Rather than cause my topic covering the same problem of which tank to choose, I will just ask in here instead.  I still cannot decide on a tier 6.  It literally seems like I should throw a dart and where it lands is the tank I would get.  I still do not want spg.  I am not totally sold on anything American (yes shocking to say that as an American - but if the M1A1 shows up then I change my tune - but leave that debate for the future) except maybe the hellcat/wolverine TD's.  I have reach I think t5 maybe t6 on the one hvy line of tanks for US.  The brits I have gone down both Med line and found that one converts to horribly big and bigger profile td's (almost like they copied the KV series) the other seems weaker and weaker armor and gun.  Sweden, didn't like anything there (played during the promo period for Sweden).

I have mostly gone with German tanks only due to reputation.  I know they will be good to some and horrible to others.  I heard there is some bias in favor of Russian tanks and have used the T-34 85 or 100 L - the one from frontlines but I can't compare it to a t3/4/5 tank to know if it was the best.  I have tried the Kan 105 (TD German, T8 I think - from twitch) and liked and hated it with no turret.  The Centurion T8 also twitch on 14 day access, I loved the speed but once again I can't compare that to the t3/4/5 either.  The King Tiger © tier 7 if I am correct, I have had my good and bad in that (well actually that is true of anything I have been in so that just makes the choice even harder).  I know the tank won't make me better but I need something that at least doesn't make lackluster skills even worse (aka Sherman III).

So I am still out there looking pondering

T-34-85 all the way. Stock grind isn't horrible, competitive guns and armour if you use your brain, introduces you to mediums and trading all at once, good for Strongholds, and some fun as well. Don't fall into the Russian bias mentality. If you like a tank, play it. If other people like Russian tanks, well they do them. If they're better, well, nothing you can change about that. Wargaming makes its own decisions. 

For you, I might recommend the KV-85 as well. Apparently a solid heavy tank, and leads to very competitive lines.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Here. This might help if for some odd reason you really hate Russian tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users