Jump to content


Tier VI token.... which tank to choose?


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

TheseViolentDelights #21 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 10:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15656 battles
  • 738
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017

View PostAverageWannabe, on Nov 23 2018 - 04:44, said:

Thanks fellas for all the answers, very interesting suggestions. Will consider them thoroughly.. 

 

I just want to ask, what about the med german  VK 30.01p? How are the lines that come after it? any good?

 

 

VK 30.01 P is a terrific tank. Fast, great gun, armor gets some bounces. 

 

Tiger P is crap. So I advise you to stop at the VK for now.



Zugzwang #22 Posted Nov 23 2018 - 13:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21007 battles
  • 345
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011
Cromwell.. For all the reason stated above.

Isola_di_Fano #23 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 02:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 24378 battles
  • 4,262
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View PostTheseViolentDelights, on Nov 23 2018 - 04:53, said:

 

 

Gotta ask. Westworld ?



death_stryker #24 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 03:17

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • 810
  • [LUCID] LUCID
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

I'm pretty sure this has been repeated over and over again to new players, but here I go again:

- The T-34-85 is more punchy than the Cromwell, making it easier for new players to do well in. In competitive gamemodes, mostly strongholds, the Cromwell is often favored because of its superior mobility and DPM.

- The VK 30.01 P may lead to 4 tier 10s (value deal right?), but, incredibly, all 4 are quite bad, with the possible exception of the Maus (not a newbie friendly tank in any case).

- Tanks.gg is one of the most helpful things ever created for this game. Anyone, no matter how good or how bad at the game they are, benefits massively from the site's comprehensive information. I am referring to it as I type this.



TheseViolentDelights #25 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 05:42

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15656 battles
  • 738
  • Member since:
    12-12-2017

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Nov 24 2018 - 02:22, said:

 

Gotta ask. Westworld ?

 

Shakespeare, by way of Westworld.

AverageWannabe #26 Posted Nov 24 2018 - 20:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7338 battles
  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018

View Postdeath_stryker, on Nov 23 2018 - 22:17, said:

I'm pretty sure this has been repeated over and over again to new players, but here I go again:

- The T-34-85 is more punchy than the Cromwell, making it easier for new players to do well in. In competitive gamemodes, mostly strongholds, the Cromwell is often favored because of its superior mobility and DPM.

- The VK 30.01 P may lead to 4 tier 10s (value deal right?), but, incredibly, all 4 are quite bad, with the possible exception of the Maus (not a newbie friendly tank in any case).

- Tanks.gg is one of the most helpful things ever created for this game. Anyone, no matter how good or how bad at the game they are, benefits massively from the site's comprehensive information. I am referring to it as I type this.

 

Thanks for your input, specially regarding the vk... i ended up taking the rusky 85 since I will buy the 85m for crew training. I also already discovered the site tanks.gg and it is great.. it helps a lot. Will start with the russian heavies, meds and lights and the american spg's those four line trees will be my main grinding for now. ..TDs i dont know yet.

 

I need to learn the game, and those lines seem quite noob friendly. ... i still suck, but a little less as the battles go.

Funnily enough I do better with the tier 6 vehicles than the lower tiers, probably cause the teams arent that stupid. Lower tier teams sometimes (ok, almost always) do some really stupid moves


Edited by AverageWannabe, Nov 24 2018 - 20:49.


BadTiger62 #27 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 20:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6020 battles
  • 33
  • [MILKY] MILKY
  • Member since:
    11-04-2018
T-34-85 by far one of my favorites - good sturdy has some speed to it and good firepower for its class. Random battles with tier 7 and 8s you can hold your own against the tier 7s but bring buddies with you for the tier 8s. In the end I would choose what appeals to me best and do some research in the tankopedia before you use your token. Happy Hunting

Boghie #28 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 00:08

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8688 battles
  • 1,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

View PostAverageWannabe, on Nov 24 2018 - 14:47, said:

 

Funnily enough I do better with the tier 6 vehicles than the lower tiers, probably cause the teams arent that stupid. Lower tier teams sometimes (ok, almost always) do some really stupid moves

 

I'm kinda the same.  I have a very hard time in Tier IV and below.  I am now a Tier V and Tier VI player.  I think I play better when the others know what they are doing.  I've never been very good at 'carrying' in any sport - but I have always been decent at making teams better.  Don't know why - but I can tell you it is difficult to make chaos better...

 

I would have recommended the T-34-85M.  With that - and, the Rudy if you get it - you can create a crew training chain that allows you to rapidly train your Russian Medium crews.  By the way, the T-44-100 is awesome too but it is Tier VIII.



Boghie #29 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 00:21

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8688 battles
  • 1,173
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

Oops,

 

Not only have you picked a tank, but apparently the freebie was for a Tech Tree tank.  That is actually awesome of Wargaming to do.  You picked well with the T-34-85.  I actually think I like the Tech Tree T-34-85 better than the Premium T-34-85M.  It seems more maneuverable and quick.  Might like the gun better too.

 

You could have also looked at the Ez8. Very mobile and the gun stings.  I like it.

 

Happy hunting.  Be aware that from Tier V+ you will have to understand vision mechanics.  If you find yourself blapped by the unseen enemy than know that the advantage your adversary has is in crew skills and equipment.  You can match him in both.  Don't put the tinfoil hat on.



AverageWannabe #30 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 02:53

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7338 battles
  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018

View PostBoghie, on Nov 25 2018 - 19:21, said:

Oops,

 

Not only have you picked a tank, but apparently the freebie was for a Tech Tree tank.  That is actually awesome of Wargaming to do.  You picked well with the T-34-85.  I actually think I like the Tech Tree T-34-85 better than the Premium T-34-85M.  It seems more maneuverable and quick.  Might like the gun better too.

 

You could have also looked at the Ez8. Very mobile and the gun stings.  I like it.

 

Happy hunting.  Be aware that from Tier V+ you will have to understand vision mechanics.  If you find yourself blapped by the unseen enemy than know that the advantage your adversary has is in crew skills and equipment.  You can match him in both.  Don't put the tinfoil hat on.

 

Hey boghie... many thanks for your input. I havent played the 85 yet, been playing the 85m mostly cause i need to get the skills for the crew first. The 85m is still an awesome tank, I love it.

Will check out the ez8 though I want to stay with the ruskies for now.

 

Hey, I did read your offer and I am very interested. Couldn't reply privately cause of noobie restrictions...

I'm not THAT new in the game tho, I have another 600 battles with another account that i ditched and played around a thousand on Blitz. Still suck anyway, but I really want to get better...

 

Let me know how to proceed. Cheers and thank you!


Edited by AverageWannabe, Nov 26 2018 - 03:24.


bolshag #31 Posted Feb 23 2019 - 20:21

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6661 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    02-15-2019

View PostAverageWannabe, on Nov 23 2018 - 04:46, said:

 

For the new accounts there are those "Beginner's Missions", at the end they give you a free token that you can use to get any tier 6 non prem.

 

Thanks for this answer... I was wondering where that token came from.   Let's say... I'm asking for a friend ... someone didn't immediately hit the "use the token" button and can no longer find it...   Where might I, I mean my friend, look for it to redeem it?

 



AverageWannabe #32 Posted Feb 24 2019 - 01:44

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7338 battles
  • 1,744
  • Member since:
    11-21-2018

View Postjvj_24601, on Feb 23 2019 - 16:21, said:

 

Thanks for this answer... I was wondering where that token came from.   Let's say... I'm asking for a friend ... someone didn't immediately hit the "use the token" button and can no longer find it...   Where might I, I mean my friend, look for it to redeem it?

 

 

It is under the missions tab... it is fairly visible, 

SquishySupreme #33 Posted Feb 25 2019 - 21:52

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3672 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
The normal thing to do it to use it for a TD, Heavy, or SPG.

I recommend the U.S. T6 SPG as it and the T7/T8 versions are all you need - you can just use those three and ignore all the other SPG grinding/trees in the game.  The bonus is that it is automatically granted elite status so you train quicker with it.
 

Rigour67 #34 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 17:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27911 battles
  • 342
  • [RIB] RIB
  • Member since:
    08-30-2013
Just because I know this is an important question newbies ask, my answer to this question is also as above, 100% the M44, US SPG.

Why?
1.  At some point, any new player needs to understand how arty works.  Even if you don't have any plans to play arty.
2.  Some of the missions absolutely require you to have to have an arty.
3.  The arty grind is much more painful than in most other branches.  Going right into a Tier 6 arty saves soooo much time and effort.
4.  The tank you chose, the T34-85, is a great choice.  Widely acknowledged as a superior tank.  That said, it's not miles above some others, and the skills you need to play effectively at tier 6 in a medium, you need to build those skills over time.  In the Tier 4 T-28, and the Tier 5 T-34, both of which are also pretty nice tanks.  In contrast, the M44 is again in my opinion a vastly better and more enjoyable machine to play than its tier 4 and 5 counterparts, and you can really hop right in and start pointing and clicking because arty.
5.  As a new player, definitely do not discount this last reason: the M44 makes a TON of credits.  Much more profitable than almost any other non-premium machine in the entire game.

I had this same debate with a couple of my recruits over the last little while.  Our experience has been the M44 is far and away the best choice.

(Expect to cue the arty haters.  Hate arty if you like, I won't argue that point.  But everyone needs to understand how they play, and that means you need to own at least one arty and the best one pound for pound which you don't have to buy is the M44 imo)
 

Edited by Rigour67, Mar 01 2019 - 18:00.


SquishySupreme #35 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 09:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3672 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    10-29-2018
It is an awful grind.  You can do all of the arty missions with just the M44 and then decide if you really want to play higher tiers with them.

LuckyStarr #36 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 11:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7567 battles
  • 1,172
  • [AMOX] AMOX
  • Member since:
    10-20-2014
Wait-wait-wait, do those tokens give you free tanks??? I've been receiving the random tokens every now and then since late autumn, and could never understand what's it's for. Thought it must be some kind of decoration to display on your service record or something.

Rigour67 #37 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 13:17

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27911 battles
  • 342
  • [RIB] RIB
  • Member since:
    08-30-2013

View PostLuckyStarr, on Mar 02 2019 - 10:05, said:

Wait-wait-wait, do those tokens give you free tanks??? I've been receiving the random tokens every now and then since late autumn, and could never understand what's it's for. Thought it must be some kind of decoration to display on your service record or something.

 

No, this is a very specific token which new players get when they complete all the Boot Camp missions.

LuckyStarr #38 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 13:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7567 battles
  • 1,172
  • [AMOX] AMOX
  • Member since:
    10-20-2014

View PostRigour67, on Mar 02 2019 - 14:17, said:

 

No, this is a very specific token which new players get when they complete all the Boot Camp missions.

 

Oh. Knew what I thought was too good to be true. Thanks for the explanation.

Are the heavy / light etc. tokens that I sometimes randomly get for fulfilling some conditions good for anything?



Rigour67 #39 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 14:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27911 battles
  • 342
  • [RIB] RIB
  • Member since:
    08-30-2013

View PostLuckyStarr, on Mar 02 2019 - 12:31, said:

 

Oh. Knew what I thought was too good to be true. Thanks for the explanation.

Are the heavy / light etc. tokens that I sometimes randomly get for fulfilling some conditions good for anything?

 

Not really.

 

They are a marker of your progress towards some other rewards (the "Play Your Tank Class Right" mission), but they reset each month.

You'd need to really concentrate on them for an actual calendar month to have any hopes of winning the "big" prize (which is not really that big).
So in my opinion they aren't something to alter your play profile for.
If you happened to know you were going to grinding that class for a large part of the month (say, as part of an "on Track" campaign), then maybe.



 

 

 



wayne_1313 #40 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 15:30

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7398 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    07-07-2018

I used my token on the Russia Heavy line KV-85

 

Since then I have ground my way thru to the IS then to the IS-3 and now Im in the OBJ 257

 

Next up the IS-7

 

In the Loot boxes I was lucky to get the Defender and the IS-3A

 

I did it backwards ..... Looked at the Tier 10 I wanted and looked at what Tier 6 would get me to the Tier 10 I wanted ........... I wanted the IS-7 so Im grinding my way to it






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users