td medium camo spot camping

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

theAddiction #1 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 06:33

Private

• Players
  • 10507 battles
  • [S0RRY] S0RRY

So I just had a game finish where I was a camping td and was outspotted by a medium near the edge of my view range, here is the scenario (I saved the replay if anyone can tell me how to put it up here)

I have Wolverine, 44% camo using net, paint, 3 concealment skills, and behind a bush. my view range is 487 with binocs.

I was stationary for like 20 seconds, looking at the spot where I was shot from.  The last enemy was a 34-85M.  He somehow manages to outspot me and it wasn't until he fired (losing camo rating) that I could see him and of course I was dead.  I compared vehicles and even with max stats I would have had better concealment and spotting (correct me if I am wrong). 

So how TF was he able to spot me?? No I didn't move a little and lose net, no I didn't fire. 

EDIT

Thanks for the info on uploading replays. Here is the link for it http://wotreplays.eu/site/4639640#province-theaddiction-m10_wolverine

At this point the only thing I can assume is that he did just blind fire into a common bush and got lucky. It is so disappointing, I know I wasn't having a stellar game but I wanted to shut up the guys on my team that were harassing me :'(

It obviously doesn't happen until the very end so if you don't want to watch the boring parts skip ahead. As you can see It was a new spot, he hadn't seen me there before, I do not have sixth sense, and there were no other tanks to spot for him.

Edited by theAddiction, Nov 25 2018 - 14:31.

ImaKillYou #2 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 06:39

Captain

• Players
  • 27451 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

he shot the same bush twice, duh

BillDing1 #3 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 06:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7856 battles
did u have 6th sense? If not could have just been blind firing, without a replay its hard to tell. :mellow:

4TankersAndDog #4 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 06:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 27324 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM
Go to wotreplays.com, upload the replay, and post the link here.

TheManFromKekistan #5 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 07:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 28 battles
Sounds like you used a common bush to kemp and he guessed right. Also some mods will show the last spotted location of a tank on the minimap so if you had been previously spotted but didn't move then he could have used that to blind fire.

I_QQ_4_U #6 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 07:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 23615 battles
Most likely blind fire.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 07:37

Major

• Players
  • 73512 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Guessing without a replay, but either blind fired per the others or something was blocking/obstructing your or his tank checkpoints.  Likely the former since you spotted him after he fired.

Also a question for anyone.  Have they fixed all the fake bushes or do we know for sure?  Which may also play into it.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Nov 25 2018 - 07:38.

cloudwalkr #8 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 07:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56442 battles

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Nov 25 2018 - 06:47, said:

Go to wotreplays.com, upload the replay, and post the link here.

This please. 

If you have trouble figuring it out, come post again and someone will help figure it out.

Trakks #9 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 11:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3815 battles

View PosttheAddiction, on Nov 25 2018 - 05:33, said:

So I just had a game finish where I was a camping td and was outspotted by a medium near the edge of my view range, here is the scenario (I saved the replay if anyone can tell me how to put it up here)

I have Wolverine, 44% camo using net, paint, 3 concealment skills, and behind a bush. my view range is 487 with binocs.

I was stationary for like 20 seconds, looking at the spot where I was shot from.  The last enemy was a 34-85M.  He somehow manages to outspot me and it wasn't until he fired (losing camo rating) that I could see him and of course I was dead.  I compared vehicles and even with max stats I would have had better concealment and spotting (correct me if I am wrong). 

So how TF was he able to spot me?? No I didn't move a little and lose net, no I didn't fire. 

He may not have actually spotted you. He may have known that your hiding place was a commonly used one and was taking random shots into it hoping someone would be there. Another tank elsewhere on the map with a long spotting range that you didn't notice may have also spotted you and lit you up for the player in the medium to see. Another thing, if you look at the map you will see that vehicles that were previously spotted but not destroyed will leave a dim marker behind on the map showing their last known position even when they are no longer within anyone's spotting range. If you didn't move at all since the last time you were spotted, that marker would still be there and could be used to guide someone to you. That is why it's always a good idea to move once you've been spotted. That marker will remain on the map even though you may actually be somewhere else and won't update until someone spots you again. 

RC_1140 #10 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 11:23

Major

• Players
  • 64715 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
A replay would be very helpful, otherwise we can just guess.

Insanefriend #11 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 14:11

Major

• Players
  • 47623 battles

View PosttheAddiction, on Nov 24 2018 - 23:33, said:

Do you have 6th sense?  If you do it's easier to guess at a blind vs spotted shot.  Also it is possible to tell where a tank is by having your 6th sense go off.  I've done it to find scouts in bushes before, i had one game in my Maus where i knew there was a scout in a bush, kinda knew which one and just blind fired it.  Some 15 shells later the scout died since it never moved.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Please tell me how you can be SURE you were not spotted by a different, never seen by you, enemy tank instead of the 85M that was ultimately seen ?

This is a VERY common reason that causes many players to believe they are being "outspotted" by a tank that is very far from them, they never see the one in a bush closer to them that is ACTUALLY doing the spotting.

A replay would probably clear up a lot of "ifs".

DrWho_ #13 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 14:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 26512 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Nov 25 2018 - 14:11, said:

Do you have 6th sense?  If you do it's easier to guess at a blind vs spotted shot.  Also it is possible to tell where a tank is by having your 6th sense go off.  I've done it to find scouts in bushes before, i had one game in my Maus where i knew there was a scout in a bush, kinda knew which one and just blind fired it.  Some 15 shells later the scout died since it never moved.

15 shells blind fired at a scout ?

Considering the shell cost that's gotta be one of the most expensive kills I've ever heard about :)

PunCzarBlintz #14 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 83551 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostDrWho_, on Nov 25 2018 - 08:20, said:

15 shells blind fired at a scout ?

Considering the shell cost that's gotta be one of the most expensive kills I've ever heard about :)

Some of us passive scouts just park and get a soda, take a leak and check Facebook.

theAddiction #15 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 14:55

Private

• Players
  • 10507 battles
  • [S0RRY] S0RRY

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 25 2018 - 13:16, said:

Please tell me how you can be SURE you were not spotted by a different, never seen by you, enemy tank instead of the 85M that was ultimately seen ?

This is a VERY common reason that causes many players to believe they are being "outspotted" by a tank that is very far from them, they never see the one in a bush closer to them that is ACTUALLY doing the spotting.

A replay would probably clear up a lot of "ifs".

I am 100% sure as he was the last enemy, which I did mention in the original post.  I have edited with a link to the replay.

Ortinoth_ #16 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 15:51

Captain

• Players
  • 27272 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA
its common to blind fire where you parked, and from what i seen , the 85M had a good crew so 6th sense is for sure and since you seem to not have it, he blindfired the bush 

Canadian_Mano #17 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 15:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 36013 battles
Super common camping bush, the 34-85m was a good player so blindfired where he thought you would be camping from. honestly you did sorta lose that for your team, just to echo what the pubs said in match, your team was weak, the extra bit of armour would have turned that into a win, esp as he was locked behind a rock and couldn't spot the low end approach.

Edited by Canadian_Mano, Nov 25 2018 - 15:58.

StrachwitzPzGraf #18 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 16:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42893 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Several items:

1. Agree on the whole blind fire thing... and he probably had 6th sense so KNEW you had spotted him... but have to agree with your BS comment -- he's at about 430m with your cammo and bush you were not at all visible to him and he threw that shot off very fast after being spotted.

2. Even as a TD you could have relocated more

3. After you bounced a couple shots and he was down to 50+HP -- you should have switched to HE -- you bounced what 3-4 and ricocheted a couple more??  Your 5 HE would have taken him out with the same hits.

4. The bush u ended up behind - u were too close to it -- you want to be 10-15m behind the bush... not snuggled right in it.

5. I hate players like the guy that got u -- he sat back the entire game -- then pounces out to get a lot of one shot kills and lucky besides (multiple bounces and ricochets as well as last shot on you)  -- sure his stats are great and they won the game -- but it is a game he should have lost.

FYI for all those who DID not watch the replay -- at the point in the game being discussed, the T34-85M is the LAST enemy tank on the map... and OP has repositioned from his prior firing location.  NO WAY HE WAS SPOTTED.

Edited by StrachwitzPzGraf, Nov 25 2018 - 16:33.

NeatoMan #19 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 28253 battles

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Nov 25 2018 - 10:29, said:

and he probably had 6th sense so KNEW you had spotted him... but have to agree with your BS comment -- he's at about 430m with your cammo and bush you were not at all visible to him and he threw that shot off very fast after being spotted.

His 6th sense could not have gone off,  It goes off 3 seconds after you have been spotted (2 if running bonds).  That player was lit immediately after firing his shot.  The shot and spotting occur at almost the same time, so my guess is he blind fired.

The last four tanks on your team blew it.  They should have just let arty take him out, or waited for a concerted push instead of feeding him one at a time.  You had the HP to take a hit, so you should have been up there with the KV.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #20 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 17:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 38424 battles
Skilled player will guesstimate where (They) are getting spotted from for example common bushes. Then they will blind fire the positions where they think you are hiding.  More then likely you spotted him and he blind fired your position. Looking to see if his shells pass through or stop as if hitting something. You don't need to be spotted to get killed in this game.  

Also tagged with td, medium, camo, spot, camping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users