Outspotted, How?

td medium camo spot camping

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Projectile_Misfired #21 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 38695 battles

OP, first and foremost, get Sixth Sense. This is one of the most important skills to have when playing in a TD.

Second, don't cater to dead players telling you how to play your tank. They're dead. If they aren't giving you advice, such as '...I got shot from this direction...',  '....so-and-so is at x%...', '...last spotted so-and-so here...', and the like, let them rant. Don't respond to them until you're dead. It takes away from your own game-play. Btw, you did nothing wrong in not going over there with them. They had 3 tanks that could have bum-rushed him, but decided to go in 1-at-a-time. They are the ones that really blew it.

And, finally, if you put Rations, Binocs, and Vents on the T-34-85M and then add BIA, Recon, and Situational Awareness skills/perks, he could have a view range over 515. Granted, that's well over the max view range, but, it's my understanding that anything extra above-and-beyond max view range starts negating camo rating effects. So, it's possible that the camo rating of the bush you were behind may have been negated. As well as some of your crews camo skills and/or camo net. And, without Sixth Sense, you would never know that you got spotted....at least until that shot came in and got you.

Boghie #22 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 19:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8733 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Wow, that one is rough.

I don't really think it was a blind fire.  Why would he/she pick that bush?  You had moved 400m from when you were firing on him.  Also, a very oblique angle from where he was when he fired.  

Even if this chap was running binos himself (which would explain the passive playstyle) you should have been able to outspot him easily.  I was also thinking that he could have used hard cover to clear the view range differential - but that hard cover would have to be about 80 meters.  Might be possible, but he was at the edge of YOUR VR when he shot.

Or, this guy may have been on TS with that KV-2 on your team (or someone else).  That would definitely answer the question, eh...

StrachwitzPzGraf #23 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42594 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostPanman69, on Nov 25 2018 - 11:31, said:

OP, first and foremost, get Sixth Sense. This is one of the most important skills to have when playing in a TD.

Second, don't cater to dead players telling you how to play your tank. They're dead. If they aren't giving you advice, such as '...I got shot from this direction...',  '....so-and-so is at x%...', '...last spotted so-and-so here...', and the like, let them rant. Don't respond to them until you're dead. It takes away from your own game-play. Btw, you did nothing wrong in not going over there with them. They had 3 tanks that could have bum-rushed him, but decided to go in 1-at-a-time. They are the ones that really blew it.

And, finally, if you put Rations, Binocs, and Vents on the T-34-85M and then add BIA, Recon, and Situational Awareness skills/perks, he could have a view range over 515. Granted, that's well over the max view range, but, it's my understanding that anything extra above-and-beyond max view range starts negating camo rating effects. So, it's possible that the camo rating of the bush you were behind may have been negated. As well as some of your crews camo skills and/or camo net. And, without Sixth Sense, you would never know that you got spotted....at least until that shot came in and got you.

If you go to WotInfo.Net and do the camo compare -- it does not look like there's anyway for the T34-85M to OUTSPOT the Wolverine.

If both are stationary -- the Wolverine would "see" the T34 at about 300M while the T34 would have to be closer to 160M from the Wolverine to see him.  The Wolverine has the advantage in all case, including when firing.  The only way either would be spotted at that range was if they fired -- which is what happened after the T34 shot.

So, neither tank (at the ~430M in the video) could "see" the other -- had to be a total blind shot (which under the circumstances was 1) extremely lucky to hit and 2) really risky since a miss would mean revealing your location).

RC_1140 #24 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 64532 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Here is your tank at 44 camo and 487 view range. I gave the t-34 max camo and view range. If you are both in the open not moving then you spot him at 308 meters and he spots you at 313. Even if you moved and broke the camo net (which you didn't) he wouldn't have seen you for another 4 meters. So yeah, either blind shot (hard to believe personally) or someone on your team was on ts or something like someone else said. That makes much more sense but still hard to believe. You did knock over some small fence things before going in the bush so he might have guessed that's where you stopped if he had a certain illegal mod, assuming that's still a thing. The only way to know for sure would be to ask him for the replay. 

Insanefriend #25 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 15:29

Captain

• Players
  • 46992 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Nov 25 2018 - 07:20, said:

15 shells blind fired at a scout ?

Considering the shell cost that's gotta be one of the most expensive kills I've ever heard about :)

It wasn't that bad, most of it was excess HE rounds I carry in the Maus.  Really had no choice since I was kinda stuck behind a building and there was no way i'd be able to get out otherwise without taking a pummeling. 

Arrowheadmen #26 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 20:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23531 battles
  • [XCAL] XCAL

View PostBoghie, on Nov 25 2018 - 19:46, said:

Wow, that one is rough.

I don't really think it was a blind fire.  Why would he/she pick that bush?  You had moved 400m from when you were firing on him.  Also, a very oblique angle from where he was when he fired. 

Even if this chap was running binos himself (which would explain the passive playstyle) you should have been able to outspot him easily.  I was also thinking that he could have used hard cover to clear the view range differential - but that hard cover would have to be about 80 meters.  Might be possible, but he was at the edge of YOUR VR when he shot.

Or, this guy may have been on TS with that KV-2 on your team (or someone else).  That would definitely answer the question, eh...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, maybe someone on his own team gave away his location, especially if they were already harassing him.(I did not view the replay just going by the OP's post)

Also tagged with td, medium, camo, spot, camping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users