bug friendly fire error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Suilidint #1 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 07:37

Private

• Players
  • 10527 battles
  • [RDDTX] RDDTX

I've noticed that friendly fire mechanics are incorrectly applying for light tanks which are strafing around an enemy, hitting each other, or a medium or heavy that turns into a light.

This can easily result in a 1 hour ban, bypassing temporary blue status, despite being an accidental mutual ram.

Please fix.

cloudwalkr #2 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 07:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54790 battles

The game doesn't know it's mutual.  It only cares who is going faster iirc.

If you're in a light tank and worried about turning blue from something like this...I'm not sure what to tell you.  

I'm honestly not sure how the game considers ramming dmg.  I know that it takes roughly 3 shots to turn blue when shooting a friendly, but no idea about ramming dmg.  I've bumped into others in my light tank...but never turned blue or banned for it.  Never felt worried I would be, actually.

Overall, I think I'm just confused with what you're getting at.  Are you circling an enemy and being rammed by another light tank?  Did you run into a medium or heavy while driving a light tank? My gut reaction is to advise you to just be more aware of your surroundings, but I could be misunderstanding what you're trying to get at.

Tilith #3 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 09:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26354 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-
To go blue from just ramming it would take a good 10 damaging team rams, so idk what you are doing to do that

Insanefriend #4 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 14:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40244 battles
Only non direct fire team damage I know you can get banned from is crushing damage.  When one tank get stuck on top of another, but that happens so rarely it isn't a big deal.

PuddleSplasher #5 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 37027 battles

You never go BLUE from just a single ram.

Just like teak damaging with bullets then the same process is applied with ramming. The game mechanics add up your constant damage and then you go blue.

In all honesty my friend. It is YOUR fault and nothing to do with bad game mechanics.

Best advice is to be more careful in any tank and stop the team ramming.

the_dude_76 #6 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 32544 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Nov 25 2018 - 08:17, said:

You never go BLUE from just a single ram.

That depends on the situation. I had a teammate just barely bump me as I was going over an edge, I ended up rolling on to my top and dying, he turned blue at the same time.

Suilidint #7 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 01:38

Private

• Players
  • 10527 battles
  • [RDDTX] RDDTX

View PostTilith, on Nov 25 2018 - 08:35, said:

To go blue from just ramming it would take a good 10 damaging team rams, so idk what you are doing to do that

This is incorrect, my experience is that you can go blue from ~4 rams, even if they are mutual rams (which all my rams were), and one shot from a low damage light gun.

Suilidint #8 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 01:42

Private

• Players
  • 10527 battles
  • [RDDTX] RDDTX

View Postthe_dude_76, on Nov 25 2018 - 15:54, said:

That depends on the situation. I had a teammate just barely bump me as I was going over an edge, I ended up rolling on to my top and dying, he turned blue at the same time.

I think this is a good example of the problem: ramming damage should be on a different formula than gun mechanics due to the possibilities of catastrophic damage from small bumps.

A fast medium that is mutually rammed by an ELC Even 90 may be enough to nearly destroy the ELC with one ram, and turn a player blue.

That is not good game balance in my book.

cloudwalkr #9 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 22:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54790 battles

I'm wondering why you keep using the word mutual.  Who mutually rams a friendly in an elc 90?  In my experience ramming a friendly is either a one sided affair - meaning one means to when the other doesn't, or a flat out mistake by both.  

The only ground i think think I can understand or agree on is when a friendly tank would be flipped over, if you tried to help them and they blew up you would be counted as a tk but I'm not even sure if that happens anymore. 

I never see teammates ramming each other mutually.

PuddleSplasher #10 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 13:35

Major

• Players
  • 37027 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Nov 25 2018 - 15:54, said:

1 single piece of damage NEVER turns you BLUE under normal circumstances.

An accumulated amount of hits over an unspecified time will certainly turn you blue at some point.

Just making an odd mistake by bumping someone or accidently shooting them in a close fight will almost certainly be noted by the game mechanics and the usual penalty applied. Do the same thing again and you might just get away with it. Likely by the 3rd time the game mechanics know that you are not playing correctly and turns you blue.

An example of that is retaliating to an idiot that rams or hits you etc........... and you then go an put 3 rounds into them.

In the instance of your team mate turning blue for ramming you there are 2 thoughts on that one:

• Hitting a team mate and in turn you died turns him blue automatically regardless of their previous history.
  • Your team mate had accumulated enough team damaging points for this to be noted by the game mechanics and therefore turned him blue.

Therefore on any normal occasion without killing your team mate you will never turn blue for a single hit.

Also tagged with bug, friendly fire, error

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users