DDS Texture Save Format Guide Updated

.hd_DDS Recolor DDS Save Format DDS Texture DDS Texture Save DDS Recolor Save Format HD Save Format hd_DDS Textue Save DDS Save Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JLdragon #1 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 09:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Ok so I thought I would make this to help many of you who are not sure on which format you need to save the Non HD DDS (AM.DDS), and HD DDS (AM_hd.DDS) Formats..

How I went about getting this information.

I First extracted a tank with all .DDS Textures so that i could compile a full list of all .DDS Texture maps that would be utilized in recoloring / reskinning.

Second I download DXT Viewer. This Software gives you all the details and information you need for any and all .DDS Texture maps that are used in 3D models.

You can Download it from HERE

It is 100% free open source and also Views Many other different formats with ALOT of detailed information for any image opened.

I Opened each Tank texture DDS file and created the following Tables so that it would be easily opened to remind me of how each part is required to be save to work correctly in WoT.

To open / Save the .DDS Texture maps in most Editing software applications, Use Nvidia DDS Utility

I would link it as well but since there are several graphic editing software applications that require different setups, different types of plugins, extensions, etc, This part is 100% on you :).

So without further Delay.. This is the Save formats for the Tank .DDS Files.

World of Tanks HD DDS Texture Save Formats

Spoiler

World of Tanks NON HD DDS Texture Save Formats

Spoiler

I hope that this will Help many of you who are always wondering or not sure how to correctly save these files and I am always welcome to help and answer any questions that you may have to the best of my abilities.. If I know I will tell ya, If I dont.. I'll try to help locate that information..

Edited by JLdragon, Dec 02 2018 - 05:55.

JLdragon #2 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 09:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Oh just wanted to add this is..

As of 11/25/2018 WoT Update 1.2.0.1. These are the current Save formats that I directly extracted from the .pkg files for the Tank .DDS Texture maps.

These Formats may and or may not change at any given time, But I will update the above if for any reason the save format is not working correctly and require a different save format and or type.

Edited by JLdragon, Nov 25 2018 - 09:24.

JLdragon #3 Posted Nov 25 2018 - 17:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
Forgot to add the track DDS file formats.. I will try to get those added soon.. DOH!

SparkyGT #4 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 49313 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Thanks for this info, its amazing the stuff you do, will have to see if i can get anything decent looking done, and thanks again for the previous help.  :)

JLdragon #5 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 21:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
Thank you for the compliment sparky GT... And you're more than welcome as well

JLdragon #6 Posted Nov 29 2018 - 06:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

UPDATE!..

Track_Segment HD and NON HD .DDS save settings have been added

• I had 2 .DDS Save settings Mixed up on the Chassis. Please Update any .DDS textures that you have used this chart to go by Otherwise your Game may crash or Textures may not show up correctly!
  • Either I accidentally looked at the wrong .DDS Texture for the save options, or I may have accidentaly opened an older .DDS texture that wasnt working correctly..

• IF ANYONE IS using this chart Please download the .DXT Viewer and verify the above information for me as well, Its better to have 2 sets of eyes on important stuff instead of 1.

Hence why I have made this list to go by so that it will not happen agian..

Thank you in advance!

Edited by JLdragon, Nov 29 2018 - 06:44.

wookiee_monster #7 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 07:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19274 battles
Thanks for posting this. Very helpful! :)

JLdragon #8 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 00:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
more then welcome Wookie.. BTW I'm almost got the whole paint in 3D mode figured out.. I left Substance painter behind and trying a few other less intense methods to achieve this.. found out that my Photoshop CC 2017 has a 3D paint option.. Learning that now and honestly pretty simple for painting.. I dont get all the massive cool Effects but It's getting the job done :)

JLdragon #9 Posted Feb 09 2019 - 06:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19006 battles
  • [MISF] MISF
Checked .DDS Textures and works with Version 1.4 Update.. Nothing has changed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users