Jump to content


Cyber Monday: Boosters Megapack 50% Off!


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 19:08

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • 642
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Tankers,

 

Thanksgiving and Black Friday may be over, but the bargains aren't gone! 

Need an extra boost to help you with progression, but don't have time to participate in tournaments and complete missions to earn enough Boosters? We've got you covered. 

The Boosters Megapack is 50% Off on the Premium Shop today only! And they're the fancy 2-hour ones, not those lame 1-hour Boosts.

 

  • 60x Personal Reserves: +100%XP (2 hours)
  • 60x Personal Reserves: +200%Crew XP (2 hours)
  • 60x Personal Reserves: +50%Credits (2 hours)
  • 60x Personal Reserves: +300%Free XP (2 hours)

This is a great alternative to Premium Time if you have a hectic schedule or long work-week. Instead of buying months of Premium Time and feeling pressured to make the most of it while it's ticking away, you could make one of these Booster Packs last a long time if you're only using them when you know you're going to be gaming for at least 2 hours.

For all the details, check out the article.



MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 19:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25114 battles
  • 3,886
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
Hi Domo. Have you heard anything about Amazon pay ? Is it gone for good ?

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 19:18

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10941 battles
  • 3,958
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
I got like, 9 billion boosters on the books.

pickpocket293 #4 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 19:32

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 29022 battles
  • 1,084
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015
That's gonna be a no for me, dawg.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #5 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 19:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25604 battles
  • 2,665
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-
  • Member since:
    08-07-2014

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 26 2018 - 10:14, said:

Hi Domo. Have you heard anything about Amazon pay ? Is it gone for good ?

 

I was curious about that myself...

 

~B



iAmEbola #6 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 20:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11982 battles
  • 7,179
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

Player Support - Hot Topic - Amazon Pay

 Greetings Tankers,

 

Unfortunately, due to technical issues Amazon Pay has been temporarily disabled as a payment option in the store. We are working to correct this and we apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing.

 

That's the latest, published 6 days ago.  So, I am assuming they are still working on it. 

 



DomoSapien #7 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 21:41

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • 642
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 26 2018 - 12:14, said:

Hi Domo. Have you heard anything about Amazon pay ? Is it gone for good ?


Yes, I have heard some news, and unfortunately it is not good.


Our Billing Partner for Amazon Payments has ended their contract with Amazon somewhat abruptly, which caught us off-guard. It's my understanding that the global payments team is actively working to resolve the issue but unfortunately we don't have a timeframe for how long that might take.

 

I spoke with Senator_Ratbat about the issue last week (Senator_Ratbat is our "Big Boss Man" ) and we're going to make every effort to make sure there is some kind of resolution for players that are only able to complete purchases using Amazon Pay (such as Prepaid Visa/Mastercard customers using Amazon Payments to bypass the International Purchasing restrictions on Prepaid Credit Cards); whether this involves working with a new billing partner to process Amazon Payments or implementing some other type of workaround for Prepaid Card customers, we're trying to get it sorted before all the Holiday sales kick off.

 

(obviously we'd like to have had it running during our Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend sales, but this sudden change caught us all by surprise.)


Edited by DomoSapien, Nov 26 2018 - 21:41.


iAmEbola #8 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 21:54

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11982 battles
  • 7,179
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

This may be a stupid question Domo, 

 

But, why can't WG have their own partnership with Amazon Payments?  

 

Utilizing a 3rd Party Billing Partner seems kinda stupid to me.  

 

Am I missing something?



MagillaGuerilla #9 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 22:00

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25114 battles
  • 3,886
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 26 2018 - 21:41, said:


Yes, I have heard some news, and unfortunately it is not good.


Our Billing Partner for Amazon Payments has ended their contract with Amazon somewhat abruptly, which caught us off-guard. It's my understanding that the global payments team is actively working to resolve the issue but unfortunately we don't have a timeframe for how long that might take.

 

I spoke with Senator_Ratbat about the issue last week (Senator_Ratbat is our "Big Boss Man" ) and we're going to make every effort to make sure there is some kind of resolution for players that are only able to complete purchases using Amazon Pay (such as Prepaid Visa/Mastercard customers using Amazon Payments to bypass the International Purchasing restrictions on Prepaid Credit Cards); whether this involves working with a new billing partner to process Amazon Payments or implementing some other type of workaround for Prepaid Card customers, we're trying to get it sorted before all the Holiday sales kick off.

 

(obviously we'd like to have had it running during our Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend sales, but this sudden change caught us all by surprise.)

 

Thanks Domo. I was hoping to buy the T-44-100. Maybe it'll pop up in a loot box or something.

IndygoEEI #10 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 22:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 56995 battles
  • 5,592
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 26 2018 - 15:41, said:


Yes, I have heard some news, and unfortunately it is not good.


Our Billing Partner for Amazon Payments has ended their contract with Amazon somewhat abruptly, which caught us off-guard. It's my understanding that the global payments team is actively working to resolve the issue but unfortunately we don't have a timeframe for how long that might take.

 

I spoke with Senator_Ratbat about the issue last week (Senator_Ratbat is our "Big Boss Man" ) and we're going to make every effort to make sure there is some kind of resolution for players that are only able to complete purchases using Amazon Pay (such as Prepaid Visa/Mastercard customers using Amazon Payments to bypass the International Purchasing restrictions on Prepaid Credit Cards); whether this involves working with a new billing partner to process Amazon Payments or implementing some other type of workaround for Prepaid Card customers, we're trying to get it sorted before all the Holiday sales kick off.

 

(obviously we'd like to have had it running during our Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend sales, but this sudden change caught us all by surprise.)

 

Looks like it's back to paypal for a while.  However I do have a suggestion Domo.  Maybe

 give everyone a coupon that doesn't expire that used Amazon Payments.



BlaqWolf #11 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 02:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21112 battles
  • 251
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostYANKEE137, on Nov 26 2018 - 12:18, said:

I got like, 9 billion boosters on the books.

 

View Postpickpocket293, on Nov 26 2018 - 12:32, said:

That's gonna be a no for me, dawg.

 

Yeah, same here.
More boosters than I know what to do with, so this is a non-earner.

If they'd had some maybe... premium time offers, or consumables, or anti-premium armor...

Bavor #12 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 02:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 31850 battles
  • 2,984
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View PostBlaqWolf, on Nov 26 2018 - 20:05, said:

Yeah, same here.

More boosters than I know what to do with, so this is a non-earner.

If they'd had some maybe... premium time offers, or consumables, or anti-premium armor...

 

I was also expecting something more exciting for Cyber Monday.  Its a lot of meh.



Tao_Te_Tomato #13 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 03:05

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 23068 battles
  • 47
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostBavor, on Nov 27 2018 - 02:25, said:

 

I was also expecting something more exciting for Cyber Monday.  Its a lot of meh.

 

Second.  I thought it was going to be something(s) more.

 

Oh well - Christmas is coming.



Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #14 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 04:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 35952 battles
  • 258
  • [GST] GST
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

Cyber-Monday and thats all you got WoT?  1/2 off Boosters? Really?  Thats IT?

If theres ONE thing you clowns know how to do , its DROP THE BALL.

Biggest online sale day of the year and you totally fumbled and put the least sought after thing in the game on sale.



PrezLouis #15 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 08:48

    Private

  • Players
  • 10426 battles
  • 1
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2013
Oh come on, PAGE NOT FOUND at 2:47am ET 11/27/2018. It sucks.

Yomamadude #16 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 08:58

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 3469 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011
nice

latvius #17 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 14:34

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 28342 battles
  • 68
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-
  • Member since:
    11-26-2013
Yeah I was hoping for something more on cyber Monday.  I missed out on my shadow tanks Friday because of some glitch where it kept saying "page not found" and I was out of town and did not have time to open a ticket.  WOWs hads their Black Friday for a whole week.  That was $100 WOT missed out on.

DomoSapien #18 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 17:19

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • 642
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Nov 26 2018 - 14:54, said:

This may be a stupid question Domo, 

 

But, why can't WG have their own partnership with Amazon Payments?  

 

Utilizing a 3rd Party Billing Partner seems kinda stupid to me.  

 

Am I missing something?

Well, all of our payments are processed through 3rd party billing partners. Simply put, we are in the business of making and publishing games, not aggregating payments. Even Credit Card transactions or Wargaming-Branded Prepaid Gold cards all go through third party billing partners.

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Nov 26 2018 - 15:00, said:

 

Thanks Domo. I was hoping to buy the T-44-100. Maybe it'll pop up in a loot box or something.

View PostIndygoEEI, on Nov 26 2018 - 15:58, said:

 

Looks like it's back to paypal for a while.  However I do have a suggestion Domo.  Maybe

 give everyone a coupon that doesn't expire that used Amazon Payments.

That is a neat suggestion and I'm happy to bring it up! I think an expiration date has to be set but something like 15% off a pack of giftboxes or an advent calendar bundle would be pretty sweet for next month.  (Of course that's just me spitballing assuming the coupon will get approved)

View PostBlaqWolf, on Nov 26 2018 - 19:05, said:

Yeah, same here.

More boosters than I know what to do with, so this is a non-earner.
If they'd had some maybe... premium time offers, or consumables, or anti-premium armor...

View PostBavor, on Nov 26 2018 - 19:25, said:

I was also expecting something more exciting for Cyber Monday.  Its a lot of meh.

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on Nov 26 2018 - 20:05, said:

Second.  I thought it was going to be something(s) more.

Oh well - Christmas is coming.

View Postlatvius, on Nov 27 2018 - 07:34, said:

Yeah I was hoping for something more on cyber Monday.  I missed out on my shadow tanks Friday because of some glitch where it kept saying "page not found" and I was out of town and did not have time to open a ticket.  WOWs hads their Black Friday for a whole week.  That was $100 WOT missed out on.

I hear ya, guys. We ended up releasing all our heavy hitters earlier in the weekend so it sort of just turned out that Cyber Monday was a little underwhelming. Indeed, Holiday Season sales are just around the corner!
So, I don't want to be "that guy" buy it'd take you a few more minutes to submit a ticket and it always helps to submit a ticket if there is any type of technical issue preventing you from making a purchase.

 

As long as you contact the Support Team within the sale period, they are usually able to accommodate you somehow. 
 



iAmEbola #19 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 17:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11982 battles
  • 7,179
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

View PostDomoSapien, on Nov 27 2018 - 10:19, said:

Well, all of our payments are processed through 3rd party billing partners. Simply put, we are in the business of making and publishing games, not aggregating payments. Even Credit Card transactions or Wargaming-Branded Prepaid Gold cards all go through third party billing partners.

 

Interesting, a for-profit company that isn't at all concerned with losing as much money as they did due to a third party contract going kaput and it took the player base to let them know something is wrong.  If I was an investor, I'd be pretty upset.

 

I can't quite wrap my head around that logic.  I sincerely hope WG is aware that the more money they aggregate, the more making and publishing of games can be had...ya know...to help the business ya'll are in.  

 

But what do I know?  :P



Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #20 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 17:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 77887 battles
  • 3,268
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

View PostiAmEbola, on Nov 27 2018 - 11:28, said:

 

Interesting, a for-profit company that isn't at all concerned with losing as much money as they did due to a third party contract going kaput and it took the player base to let them know something is wrong.  If I was an investor, I'd be pretty upset.

 

I can't quite wrap my head around that logic.  I sincerely hope WG is aware that the more money they aggregate, the more making and publishing of games can be had...ya know...to help the business ya'll are in

 

But what do I know?  :P

 

Russian logic comrade.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users