• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DreHead #1 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 20:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13191 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

hey guys,

I'm having some issues with random crashes in game. This started yesterday, no problems prior to that. All drivers are up to date, and also re-installed/repaired (Nvidia GTX 970m) including sound drivers as I heard that might be causing problems.

After crashing and attempting to log back in, half the time I can log back on and half the time it gives me a graphics card error and i have to restart my PC (i haven't had the error the last couple of times so i can't give the exact message.

I've tried running the game vanilla and the problem still occurs.

The crashing is very inconsistent, sometimes it won't happen for a dozen games, sometimes it happens every game. The time it takes to crash varies as well, sometimes it's immediate upon loading in, sometimes it's a minute or two. The crashing always occurs in game, as far as I remember I haven't crashed from the garage.

Any help is appreciated. 

RIA1911 #2 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6047 battles

This may be too simple, but i get crashes in fullscreen mode, but not in a window mode.

Also i had to play with the 3d render resolution, turned it down and also turned off dynamic adjustment.

Coffee_ #3 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 22:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43287 battles
Maybe a temp issue with your chip overheating.
Grab HWMONITOR and check its temps.

Insanefriend #4 Posted Nov 26 2018 - 23:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40285 battles
Did windows update at all in the past day?  I know they are updating win 10 from version, 1803 to 1809, which may cause problems.  Also can you provide a little more info about your system?  Like the model number of your laptop, and windows version.  Also if you have it exact wording of the error message.

DreHead #5 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13191 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View PostRIA1911, on Nov 26 2018 - 20:29, said:

This may be too simple, but i get crashes in fullscreen mode, but not in a window mode.

Also i had to play with the 3d render resolution, turned it down and also turned off dynamic adjustment.

i'll have to try these.

View PostCoffee_, on Nov 26 2018 - 21:54, said:

Maybe a temp issue with your chip overheating.
Grab HWMONITOR and check its temps.

I'll check it out.

View PostInsanefriend, on Nov 26 2018 - 22:01, said:

Did windows update at all in the past day?  I know they are updating win 10 from version, 1803 to 1809, which may cause problems.  Also can you provide a little more info about your system?  Like the model number of your laptop, and windows version.  Also if you have it exact wording of the error message.

yes, updated windows yesterday i think. windows edition is windows 10 home. laptop is an Alienware 17 R2. Unfortunately i don't have the exact message.

thanks guys

X32Wright #6 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 18:21

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 41008 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/73618-solution-to-frequent-wot-client-crashes/

SIX_finger #7 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 01:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18992 battles

View PostDreHead, on Nov 26 2018 - 20:55, said:

hey guys,

I'm having some issues with random crashes in game. This started yesterday, no problems prior to that. All drivers are up to date, and also re-installed/repaired (Nvidia GTX 970m) including sound drivers as I heard that might be causing problems.

After crashing and attempting to log back in, half the time I can log back on and half the time it gives me a graphics card error and i have to restart my PC (i haven't had the error the last couple of times so i can't give the exact message.

I've tried running the game vanilla and the problem still occurs.

The crashing is very inconsistent, sometimes it won't happen for a dozen games, sometimes it happens every game. The time it takes to crash varies as well, sometimes it's immediate upon loading in, sometimes it's a minute or two. The crashing always occurs in game, as far as I remember I haven't crashed from the garage.

Any help is appreciated. 

Tanks Diehard,

yup, yesterday sucked. noticed ecoast server was down and centralserver sucked bad lag and not working, I was lucky to get 20FPS. I tried to see if anyone else had issues. Looked like a regular game for the other players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users