Alternative Set of Skills for Drivers / Gunners

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

coconut2011 #1 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 00:54

Captain

• Players
  • 63425 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Usually, when you have 4 or less crew members, some skills are moved to commanders / gunners / drivers / loaders etc.  Obviously, because commanders have so many important skills, it is better to have other crew members sharing the burdens.

I am wondering if it is possible to exploit the different sets of crews of different tanks to avoid certain difficult cases.

For example, Strv S1 / Udes have the following setup: http://wiki.wargamin...ank:S22_Strv_S1

Commander (Gunner)

Driver (Gunner)

Radio Operator (Loader)

Ikv 90 Type B (Tier 7) uses the following setup: http://wiki.wargamin...90_Typ_B_Bofors

Commander (Radio Operator)

Driver

Gunner

Loader

Since I am at work and thus cannot test it, but I am wondering if it is possible to exploit the differences to mix and train the skills (when they are available) to distribute the skill load.

Besides the example above, are you aware of any other types of such situations that can be exploited?

Edited by coconut2011, Nov 27 2018 - 00:55.

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 02:47

Major

• Players
  • 72704 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OP there is a potential downside and it's probably to keep folks from exploiting.  Those "other" skills/perks won't work if you move that crew person to a tank unless the crew person having that cross trained skill actually does that same secondary role(s) in the "new" tank.

For example, if you put a Chinese light loader that has radioman duties who is trained with Situational Awareness into a Type 64 the SA will not work since that tank has a dedicated radioman. 

Or to use your "setup".  If you put your IKV Commander with the radioman SA into the prem S1 then SA (on the Commander) wouldn't work since that tank has a radio operator. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users