rage wot funny silly serious tanks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pringworm #1 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 26710 battles
  • [SIG] SIG

I've been playing World of Tanks for seven years. In that time I have seen many things both terrific and terrifying, but they always led to the improvement of the game; even if only in incremental steps. With so much going on over at Wargaming it's nice to be reminded that devs do think of the players, especially the oldest and longest playing in the community. :)

However, if I had a choice between the gift of a free tank, credits, bonds, and a skin vs a chance to corner the lead game devs, I would take the dev every time. Because despite getting rid of all the silly stuff, like tier 5's playing against tier 10's, and changes to every aspect of the game; matches still feel like a random mess at times.

I've been more confident of this ever since Frontlines was dropped by BongFish. The fact that a company that was brought in to make a game mode understood WOT's player base better than Wargaming did, was a clear and evident sign that the devs have long been out of touch. 

The core gameplay loop is in a dire need of a boost. Seven years in, I still can make a list of my core issues.

• Arty still feels horrible to play against, is still a feast or famine class to play as. Giving them a stun that lowered crew skills only ever made me want to uninstall the game as soon as I got hit by an arty while in a 1v1 with another tank.
  • Scouts feel very underwhelming depending on the map.
  • TD's feel like they have nothing to do on most maps but sit and wait for their lines to collapse. A lack of good overwatch spots on maps to support pushes. A lack of good defensive positions on other maps.
  • The visual rendering system still feels weird and clunky. Not enough in-game information for newer players.
  •  The power creep is getting out of hand and it's insulting to see Wargaming continue to release premiums that are obviously better than previous releases, and some in tech-tree tanks. 
  • Wargaming treating the U.S. player base like whales. Honestly, I saw the "Feast" bundles. I'm really curious to know what people are buying this. I can only think it's the type of person being exploited by such a business practice because other than a celebrity looking to get into the game quickly while not giving a flying #$##, the only person I can rationally believe is buying this is some poor person that needs help. 
  • 2xp crew XP is a meaningless and vapid weekend "Special" for most of the community. Yeah, I get that some newer players would actually love it for their crews. But how about a better crew system? How about that Crew skill and Rework that was talked about two flubbing years ago. 
  • Update the bloody garage UI. This runs like a dinosaur. I can log into Fallout 76 faster, and that game is an utter dog turd of an experience, with a horrible UI to boot.

Seven years and some things don't change. I would write more, but I honestly have to get ready for work. I just needed to vent this.

pickpocket293 #2 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 21:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34082 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I agree 100%.

airsoft_man #3 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 21:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17603 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Nicely Written! +1

_Kradok_ #4 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 21:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 32046 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Don't forget to rail on them for giving tenured players a new tier 6 tank, 4 mill credits and 4k bonds for merely playing a GAME. :angry:

I'm curious, why write this to begin with?  Your complaints are subjective in nature and if your sig is correct - you've stopped playing as it is.  I don't get it... but it's your disposable time... I'm going to use some of mine playing the game again - in arty. 

Hope to see you out there.

:honoring:

scHnuuudle_bop #5 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 21:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 20671 battles

Your example of the stun,

simply put, after seven years you must realize, that if you are fighting a player and get stunned , the fight was at least 1 vs 2.

Atari had a 1 vs 1 tank game, this is 15 vs 15 to start. You must be thinking about the Atari version.

hikerjon1 #6 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 22:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38101 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Nov 27 2018 - 20:45, said:

Don't forget to rail on them for giving tenured players a new tier 6 tank, 4 mill credits and 4k bonds for merely playing a GAME. :angry:

I'm curious, why write this to begin with?  Your complaints are subjective in nature and if your sig is correct - you've stopped playing as it is.  I don't get it... but it's your disposable time... I'm going to use some of mine playing the game again - in arty. 

Well played, sir. Well played!

Pringworm #7 Posted Nov 27 2018 - 23:35

Major

• Players
  • 26710 battles
  • [SIG] SIG

View Post_Kradok_, on Nov 27 2018 - 15:45, said:

Why do people bother to not read then try to erect strawmen? I guess because they can, huh? Also, I never bothered to update my sig link, so It's probably not even working right. 

Edited by Pringworm, Nov 28 2018 - 03:29.

Flarvin #8 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 00:23

Major

• Players
  • 54267 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Nov 27 2018 - 15:57, said:

Your example of the stun,

simply put, after seven years you must realize, that if you are fighting a player and get stunned , the fight was at least 1 vs 2.

Atari had a 1 vs 1 tank game, this is 15 vs 15 to start. You must be thinking about the Atari version.

I noticed that too.

For some crazy reason there are players that think 1v1 is a thing in random battles. 

Received many post match messages claiming cheating or unfair play, just because I flanked an enemy engaged with a friendly tank. 

golruul #9 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 00:26

Captain

• Players
  • 22118 battles

View PostPringworm, on Nov 27 2018 - 14:04, said:

• Scouts feel very underwhelming depending on the map.
  • TD's feel like they have nothing to do on most maps but sit and wait for their lines to collapse. A lack of good overwatch spots on maps to support pushes. A lack of good defensive positions on other maps.
  • 2xp crew XP is a meaningless and vapid weekend "Special" for most of the community.

Couple comments on these:

• Scouts/arty/TDs/and sometimes mediums feel underwhelming depending on map.  Scouts and arty when in city maps, scouts/mediums/some TDs when in corridor maps that have an unavoidable "facesmash your way through this corridor first before you can flank".  One particular note about arty: if you have to keep making your maps unfriendly to a class and keep screwing that class over, then there's a problem with that class that needs to be addressed. 
  • This is an issue mainly with turret-less, no-armor camo TDs.  TDs with a turret can still get in on the peak-a-boom action.  TDs with armor can obviously go where heavies go to play.
  • 2x crew xp isn't bad... but 2x crew xp ONLY ON A WIN and ONLY TOP 10 PLAYERS is bad.  Really bad.  They need to bump it up to at least 3x crew xp if the restrictions are "on win" and "top 10".

Pringworm #10 Posted Nov 28 2018 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 26710 battles
  • [SIG] SIG

View Postgolruul, on Nov 27 2018 - 18:26, said:

Couple comments on these:

• Scouts/arty/TDs/and sometimes mediums feel underwhelming depending on map.  Scouts and arty when in city maps, scouts/mediums/some TDs when in corridor maps that have an unavoidable "facesmash your way through this corridor first before you can flank".  One particular note about arty: if you have to keep making your maps unfriendly to a class and keep screwing that class over, then there's a problem with that class that needs to be addressed. 
  • This is an issue mainly with turret-less, no-armor camo TDs.  TDs with a turret can still get in on the peak-a-boom action.  TDs with armor can obviously go where heavies go to play.
  • 2x crew xp isn't bad... but 2x crew xp ONLY ON A WIN and ONLY TOP 10 PLAYERS is bad.  Really bad.  They need to bump it up to at least 3x crew xp if the restrictions are "on win" and "top 10".

Sad thing is, a map ban pick would be useful to players and would help certain classes get on maps where they can actually contribute. Nothing feels worse than being arty # 3 on Himmelsdorf. 

Also tagged with rage, wot, funny, silly, serious, tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users