Tips for playing the Emil with the stock gun?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Shadowtanker14 #1 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 03:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27518 battles
  • [S-F] S-F
No matter what I do, I cannot for the life of me get the hang of the Emil.  The stock gun is terrible even with APCR loaded. Any and all tips appreciated!

Silentslayer99 #2 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 03:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15419 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR
I used free exp to get to the top gun... still hated the tank but it was usable.

Insanefriend #3 Posted Nov 30 2018 - 03:38

Captain

• Players
  • 43356 battles
Stay hull down and pick your targets, remember you have lowish pen.  Or find a buddy and support them, teamwork with auto loaders can work wonders.  Don't try to brawl in close where other heavies can go, you really need to play a hill for the emil to work.

ZePaladin #4 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 17:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 15269 battles

Stock, you're not gonna be able to do much as with many cases when you first unlock a tank. Thankfully, your turret is still troll against most higher tier tanks, save tier ten gold rounds. Being able to expose your turret allows you the time to fully aim your shots. However, if you are fighting higher tier tanks, you are likely to bounce even with premium ammo. So I would recommend perma-tracking heavies when you are against them. Mediums may be somewhat easier, but save the French, Czech and Italian higher tiers (Bat-chat, TVP, Progetto 65), the rest will be nearly as tough as the heavies. 

I would say the stock grind on the Emil I helps you learn how to play as a support tank effectively. Aim for tracks, try to help your allies, and don't always expect to clip out a full 1,260 damage. It's a niche tank, but its niche is very broad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users