• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

jdub11 #1 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 13:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 22207 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Good day all,

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for taking interest and respectfully adding to this conversation. It is time for progress to be made in this area of focus in the game in my opinion. I also have a suggestion in which you can help evolve the game a bit. The mechanic improvement I suggest is a change in the premium ammo loud-out available  for each tank.  Currently there is way to much premium ammo being slung which diminishes the usefulness of armor and makes certain tanks unattractive to to their armor layout verses high the penetration of premium ammo. It is a known issue for sure, but I understand WG cannot remove it easily due to laws surrounding purchases with real money.  My fix is to limit the premium ammo of each tank to a percent based on their tier and then add class bonus on top of that.  This would allow lower tier tanks to pack more of a punch in order to remain competitive when they are lower tier in random battles, but also curtail "gold spam". The premium ammo limitation would limit by:

Tier 10 tanks could carry 10% of their total load out.
Tier 9 tanks could carry 15% of their total load out
Tier 8 tanks could carry 20% of their total load out
Tier 7 tanks could carry 25% of their total load out
Tier 6 tanks could carry 30% of their total load out
Tier 5 tanks could carry 40% of their total load out
Tier 4 tanks could carry 50% of their total load out
Tier 3 and below are less concerning, highly effected in some cases, and could be removed from this limitation.

The second part of this is a class bonus. Different classes of tanks would be effected more then others by this limitation. To balance that you can give a bonus in premium shells in addition to their tanks tier percentage as such:

Artillery 3
Light  2
Medium  1
Heavy   0
Tank Destroyer 0

These changes would allow armor to be far more important, emphasis ammo selection,  and it would also level the playing field in terms of those that don't use premium consumables "regularly" and those who "pay to win".  This would also negate any question about having to cut out the current currency bought ammo, and make the game way more enjoyably for tank lines that find their armor layout and speed unable to cope with gold spam. Lastly, I believe this would  make many more heavy and TD tank lines fun to grind as well as change the meta to in your face brawling and emphasis flanking.

Thank You!

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Nah.

_1204_ #3 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 14:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 924 battles
Premium shells are not broken. Use your armor better and/or dont get shot

PuddleSplasher #4 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 37398 battles

Forget trying to write a large book on premium shells and changing the game.

The answer is NO :bajan:

Panman69 #5 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 16:49

Captain

• Players
  • 35784 battles
That's it. I'm sick and tired of these whiny threads about Premium Ammo. I'm changing my load-out to ALL Premium Ammo so I can be part of the problem and not the solution. 

RickEdwards #6 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 18:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26721 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View Post_1204_, on Dec 01 2018 - 14:44, said:

Premium shells are not broken. Use your armor better and/or dont get shot

I don't know if your account is a new account or what, but as someone who has a very large amount of games played in tier ten on all classes, gold rounds at high tiers are a problem. "Use your armor better" is an idiotic suggestion; there are quite a few heavy tanks that can be easily penned with prem ammo no matter how they angle, and this includes tanks that are slow and supposed to be able to rely on their armor somewhat. "Don't get shot" is only really useful for tanks that would normally get penned anyways; it is not a useful suggestion for a brawling heavy tank.

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Dec 01 2018 - 15:22, said:

Forget trying to write a large book on premium shells and changing the game.

The answer is NO :bajan:

Who knows if they'll actually go through with it this time, but according to WG the answer is actually YES. They have been saying a prem ammo rework is coming in 2019, along with large balance changes to most (or at least many) tanks, from what it seems.

jdub11 #7 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 22207 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostPanman69, on Dec 01 2018 - 15:49, said:

That's it. I'm sick and tired of these whiny threads about Premium Ammo. I'm changing my load-out to ALL Premium Ammo so I can be part of the problem and not the solution. 

jdub11's Photojdub11Today, 10:53 PM

Your not really adding to the conversation. With your average tier at less then six... spam away it the baby seals. GG

jdub11 #8 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 22207 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

CeIestiaLudenberg #9 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 09:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 50 battles

When will morons learnt that percentage-based restrictions will not work.

In fact, any sort of cap would not work as the variation of all the different tanks completely ruins the idea of it. 10% of an IS-7's shells vs 10% of an E100's shells, the IS-7 has less shells and they have 260 less alpha, but it is fair because they are capped like that, right? Wrong.

What about a damage potential cap? Wait no, the alpha damage values are all over the place and would still heavily favour certain tanks and gimp others.

There isn't really much that can be done about sprem, all that can is for players to get over it and learn from those who are better than them. If you watch a lot of the top players from any of the servers play, you'll quickly pick up on the fact that they don't actually use their armor as a means to survive. Avoiding taking the shots in the first place is the best thing you can do, I suggest you learn to do it.

Not only will you become a better player, but it will also mean there will be less of these nonsensical threads in the future.

Ich_bin_Hass #10 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 13:50

Captain

• Players
  • 78831 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
NO !

RickEdwards #11 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 14:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26721 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostCeIestiaLudenberg, on Dec 05 2018 - 09:10, said:

When will morons learnt that percentage-based restrictions will not work.

In fact, any sort of cap would not work as the variation of all the different tanks completely ruins the idea of it. 10% of an IS-7's shells vs 10% of an E100's shells, the IS-7 has less shells and they have 260 less alpha, but it is fair because they are capped like that, right? Wrong.

What about a damage potential cap? Wait no, the alpha damage values are all over the place and would still heavily favour certain tanks and gimp others.

There isn't really much that can be done about sprem, all that can is for players to get over it and learn from those who are better than them. If you watch a lot of the top players from any of the servers play, you'll quickly pick up on the fact that they don't actually use their armor as a means to survive. Avoiding taking the shots in the first place is the best thing you can do, I suggest you learn to do it.

Not only will you become a better player, but it will also mean there will be less of these nonsensical threads in the future.

Once again, according to WG, prem ammo balancing is on the way. That being said, who knows what they'll actually do them...

Luminator #12 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 23:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 8340 battles
Premium ammo is perfect how it is. I would not be happy one little bit if this game mechanic got broken.

RC_1140 #13 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 00:02

Major

• Players
  • 61227 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
IMO % based limits are stupid. Make it a number of shells that's the same for everyone or potential damage of shells. IS-7 would get 3 shells that do 490 damage and Maus would get 7 shells that do 490 damage. Fair?

Edited by RC_1140, Dec 06 2018 - 00:02.

Sector7G #14 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 02:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21636 battles
  • [PANIC] PANIC

Premium ammo is not perfect, as one of the above posters mentioned, some balancing is coming.

I would welcome a restriction on premium ammo, as well as reduced damage for the added penetration.

Until then, press 2 to load the skill.

jdub11 #15 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 07:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 22207 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostRC_1140, on Dec 05 2018 - 23:02, said:

IMO % based limits are stupid. Make it a number of shells that's the same for everyone or potential damage of shells. IS-7 would get 3 shells that do 490 damage and Maus would get 7 shells that do 490 damage. Fair?

I'm actually ok with the difference in numbers there. The Maus is bigger and slower and should carry more. That being said, i know the percentage approach is questionable. This is a conversation of how to improve the gameplay and make the mashing of the 2 button more of a second thought; a limited resource if you will. By tier and class seams the most logical to me for compensating the lower tiers in match ups, but i would like to hear others ideas on this.

RickEdwards #16 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 14:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26721 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostRC_1140, on Dec 06 2018 - 00:02, said:

Every tank should get enough to deal its own HP in prem rounds... Except (most) TDs, their normal rounds are better than normal tanks prem rounds already. Something like a Foch B can cause it's got non-OP AF standard. Also, auto loaders should get as many clips as can kill their tank.

jdub11 #17 Posted Dec 19 2018 - 11:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 22207 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Looks like they will make standard ammo all AP and reduce special ammo down to 75% thier current damage.  And the Jap heavies will get there HE switched to HESH for an alpha of about 700.  I guess I can live with that.

Also tagged with Gold, Ammo, Pay to win, armor, Premium, Fun, Change

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users