Joining a Clan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 21:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16368 battles
I think I don't stink enough that I would like to join a clan but I have reservations and would like you seniors advice.  First I am up in age so sometimes I can't play everyday and I would not want to let the clan down.  Secondly, Does it cost to join a clan as I am on a fixed income.  And lastly how can I know if a clan is the right one for me.  I know its a lot to ask but any advice will be appreciated.

BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 37110 battles
  • [NEON_] NEON_

Do you want to join a social clan, or competitive? It cost you nothing to join a clan. The best way to see what clan would be a fit for you is to jump into a clans teamspeak or discord. Run several platoons or strongholds with each clan. Then make your decision.

dave_292 #3 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 21:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26228 battles
  • [NEON_] NEON_

There are clans of all skill levels and many clans are causal, so few requirements.

Lots of clans are older. 

It dose not cost to join a clan as far as the game. Some clans have costs. IE we use TS to talk so we ask for donations to keep it going. I would avoid any clan that asks for money.

Finding the right clan can be hard. But just talk to them and see. Its not like it is permanent you can leave at anytime. 

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

There is every kind of clan imaginable, just try some out... it costs nothing, you can leave any time, but you have to wait 48 hours before joining a new clan.

I am ~70 years of age and belong (with my play4funz account) to a casual clan that mainly does tier 6 Strongholds almost every night.

Our teamspeak is family friendly (no potty mouths allowed), so it's a pleasant atmosphere.

We play mainly for fun and to make credits and train crews in a no-pressure way. Having said that, we are still ranked generally in the top 25 of the couple hundred rated tier 6 SH clans. Last night we reached tenth place for a while.

Being in a clan that's right FOR YOU is a lot of fun. Go for it.

Yojimbo50 #5 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16368 battles
Thank you all

Slone #6 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19059 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

A clan is merely a social collection of players who want to play the game cooperatively to one degree or another. There is no cost to joining a clan beyond your time, if a clan does require you to pay to play with them, look for a different group. As other's have said, there are ALL sorts of clans; those that play hyper competitively to those who are purely social, and everything in between. Old farts, squeakers, anime, christian clans, LGBT, clans for dads, clans of vets, clans that only play German tanks, hispanic, portuguese, french canadians, ...

The best place to start is asking yourself exactly what you want in a clan, be honest with yourself. Once you identify what you want, you just have to identify the clans that suit your desires.

Check the Clan Recruiting section of the forums, various clans have posted a page describing their clans; what they do, what they require, etc. it can be mind numbing, but read through a bunch of them and identify those who suit your needs. then you can make contact and start visiting those clans; go to their Team Speak/Discord, talk to people, get a feel for the 'vibe' of the community, play some battles with them (toons or stronks). When you find the right group, you'll know it, trust your gut feelings.

Alternately you can post in the Looking for Clan section of the forum and post a description of yourself, what you have to offer and what you want in a clan. Sort through the replies and start making visits as above. Never join a clan that sends you an invite without talking to you first (a clan that doesn't screen it's new members is SURE to hve drama issues).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users