Crew question.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dead0n3 #1 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 4522 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C
Hello all.  My question is this.  If I am working my way up a tank line and I find that I wish to keep a tank for good in that line do I put a new crew in it or do I leave it crewless and keep retraining the crew I am using on that line when I decide to play that tank?  It seems like it could get expensive to keep retraining a crew everytime I switch tanks to play.  How do you manage your crews for keeper tanks and still go up the line?  Thank you for any help.

gpc_4 #2 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 40125 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Move up your best crew. If there is a tank you'd like to keep then make a new crew and train them for credits (to 75%). If you have premium tanks, then train up the new crew in them. That's all you can do really.

Ironclad73 #3 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 20830 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

You want to move your crews up, the higher the tier the more important for a skilled crew. That is where premium tanks come in handy for training new crews. I've got a couple of tier 5 tanks that have both trained 2 crews to 2+ skills for higher tier tanks.

If you can afford it, train your crews with gold to speed things up. I try to wait for training discounts to do this, even if you can't wait, training  5 crew members is only around $3.00 depending on how you buy your gold.

Edited by Ironclad73, Dec 01 2018 - 23:47.

Yao_Wang #4 Posted Dec 01 2018 - 23:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13454 battles

View PostDead0n3, on Dec 01 2018 - 14:17, said:

Hello all.  My question is this.  If I am working my way up a tank line and I find that I wish to keep a tank for good in that line do I put a new crew in it or do I leave it crewless and keep retraining the crew I am using on that line when I decide to play that tank?  It seems like it could get expensive to keep retraining a crew everytime I switch tanks to play.  How do you manage your crews for keeper tanks and still go up the line?  Thank you for any help.

Well what I did is put the the newest crew on the lowest tier possible for the line so when I did the chinese tier 6-10 light everytime I tierd up is get a new 75% tier 6 light crew and an old 90% tier 7 light crew and so on to tier 10

For you I would keep the crew that in it and just start a new 75% or 100% in the next tier

SwollenOstrich #5 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 00:02

Captain

• Players
  • 22406 battles

As you accumulate more and more tanks, you can start doing what I call scavenging, are you take a commander out of one tank, a driver out of another tank, and so on and then replace that one crewman in each tank with a new man. 

This way each old tank still has a decent crew with only a small handicap and your new tank gets a decent crew too. 

Please note you should not do this if your crew is trained in BIA, as removing a single player will break brothers in arms for the entire tank.

Another thing I did when I was a new player to save money was not to train my radio operators at 100% like I did the rest of the crew. Most tanks are not severely handicapped if your radio operator isn't trained for maximum range.

Ironclad73 #6 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 00:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 20830 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostSwollenOstrich, on Dec 01 2018 - 15:02, said:

As you accumulate more and more tanks, you can start doing what I call scavenging, are you take a commander out of one tank, a driver out of another tank, and so on and then replace that one crewman in each tank with a new man. 

This way each old tank still has a decent crew with only a small handicap and your new tank gets a decent crew too. 

Please note you should not do this if your crew is trained in BIA, as removing a single player will break brothers in arms for the entire tank.

Another thing I did when I was a new player to save money was not to train my radio operators at 100% like I did the rest of the crew. Most SOME tanks are not severely handicapped if your radio operator isn't trained for maximum range.

Good advice on scavenging crew, but you do want to check the box to give extra XP to the lowest players and they train very fast.

I somewhat disagree though, for lights and TDs and even mediums you want sit awareness trained. The quicker you get there the better.

Boghie #7 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 01:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5987 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

After you elite a tank move the crew to the up-Tiered tank of choice - sometimes you have a branch with two/three tanks at the next tier.  Then scavenge or attain a new crew for the tank you really liked.

Personally, I am trying to have:

• 1 Skill completed at Tier IV
  • 2 Skills at Tier V
  • 3 Skills at Tier VI
  • and, hope for the best.

Some lines are slow learners so my first skill may not be competed until at Tier V.  That is ok.

But, you DO NOT want to have a skill deficiency at Tier VI.  That gets ugly.  Tanks have higher view range, the guns are more accurate, and the players are better.  You do not want to gimp yourself by loading a tank with a garbage crew - especially if you have to grind the target tank.  Learn to love your crews - even more than you may love a tank.  They are critical.

Heart_of_Steel #8 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 01:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 14443 battles
  • [INVA] INVA
I would leave the crew in it unless it has a value outside of the tank such as 0 skill crew or female. If you find a tank you enjoy outside of earning exp and grinding then that is truly what tanks is about :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users