• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

KaiserMartens #1 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 09:47

Major

• Players
  • 27307 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Hi guys, I almost get T55A, so close and yet so far. I have to do this:

1: Finish as the player with the top experience on your team.

2: Allow your allies to cause 2500 assist damage.

I am using S-51 with the big gun, all gold rounds, the faster-reload directive and also the gun laying drive for faster aiming.

Do you have any tips or guides?

Should I be using a different vehicle?

I have been trying this for a while, I am at a bit of a loss now. Just keep trying and trying and hope for the best?

Take care

ArtilleryIsBalanced #2 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 09:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 643 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM
Just sit in your little top down view and shoot heavy tanks on the frontline that are fighting your heavy tanks. 

Gravtech #3 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 10:06

Major

• Players
  • 32016 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
getting a ton of stun assistance can net you a lot of experience. So lower tier doesn't mean it's the better way to go. I see that you have the GWE, imo your best bet would be to use that instead and focus on getting mostly stun assistance. If you can get 3-4k stun assistance while also getting around 3k of your own then it shouldn't be hard to complete

mlinke #4 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 10:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50049 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I think that mission is impossible to do. First of all, you share xp with peple lighting targets. It is very hard to be first in xp. I do 3k of damage pet game and still get third or worse. Second, people are to stupid to do damage while targets are stuned. Third, a lot of targets die when you just want to stun them and you get no stun damage. This mission is crap and should be converted to combined damage, stunned and your own.

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 10:49

Captain

• Players
  • 22294 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
I did it in the Obj 261 on cliff with honors. Took me around 20 tries or less, but it wasn't too difficult. Look for clusters of tanks and fire away. 

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 11:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 54811 battles
Complete the other sets with honors.

V_A_C_A #7 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 11:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23628 battles

View PostKaiserMartens, on Dec 02 2018 - 05:47, said:

Hi guys, I almost get T55A, so close and yet so far. I have to do this:

1: Finish as the player with the top experience on your team.

2: Allow your allies to cause 2500 assist damage.

I am using S-51 with the big gun, all gold rounds, the faster-reload directive and also the gun laying drive for faster aiming.

Do you have any tips or guides?

Should I be using a different vehicle?

I have been trying this for a while, I am at a bit of a loss now. Just keep trying and trying and hope for the best?

Take care

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Dec 02 2018 - 06:49, said:

I did it in the Obj 261 on cliff with honors. Took me around 20 tries or less, but it wasn't too difficult. Look for clusters of tanks and fire away. 

As you're on the S-51, do as suggested by Jake. Go for the Object 261. It have low ammo capacity, but it's the most accurate arty of the game and the reload is quite short. It will be a question of the right map and the right teams and "voilá". ;) 

ElPuffMo #8 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 13:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32722 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

Getting top XP and lots of alpha & assisted damage in arty is a very common occurrence for many of us, so I have a feeling it won't take too long for you at all. So hang in there and keep trying, because if I can do it, so can you. Arty is marvelous for developing one's patience if it takes you longer than expected.  

However, I just noticed something: looking over replays where I accomplished this, it was in games where I targeted many different enemies rather than just focusing on two or three. And I was shooting when my allies were in positions to take advantage of my stuns. (I often blind shoot typical places on maps, which isn't really going to help in the assisted damage department.) I was also spotted at least once in most of these games but was lucky enough to survive to shoot some more. So: 1) target multiple map areas --- spread those shells around, 2) make sure allies are aiming at your targets, and 3) consider taking more aggressive arty positions where you have a higher risk of getting seen (balanced by a higher chance of hitting enemies.) I never explicitly have tried to get top xp or damage --- I just try to win --- but the xp and assisted damage seem to come most naturally from the types of games I described. 

One more thing: I never target any one type of vehicle (like just heavies, or stationary TDs.) I just shoot at anything that shows up where I pre-aimed. I drive for 20 seconds, then turn to aim, and I am always shooting immediately after I load. Don't waste time looking for that "perfect shot" cuz RNG won't give it to you. Just shoot. drive, pre-aim, repeat. Mediums and lights get just as much (if not more) of my attention than heavies, TDs and SPGs. If I see a red dot that's showing up regularly on that map, particularly one that is decimating my allies, I aim for it.

Edited by ElPuffMo, Dec 02 2018 - 14:05.

WaywardChild #9 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 15:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33577 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

I go for RoF (Rate of Fire) myself so I put the stock gun on the 212a or the 261 and blast away at groups of heavies that are fighting green heavies. Good luck, I'm about to start that Mission myself.

*I just looked and the stock gun is the same, the BR-2. That's what I would try, it has twice the RoF. And I'm cheap so I don't shoot Gold unless the Red Team cooperates by bunching together like Cops at a Krispy Cream. 

Edited by WaywardChild, Dec 02 2018 - 15:40.

Panman69 #10 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 16:16

Captain

• Players
  • 35027 battles

I'd go with the American line, tiers 6 thru 9 (use small gun for tiers 8 and 9).They're pretty accurate with good reloads times and descent splash.

Plus, that splash allows you to be able to finish off some of those low HP tanks that are hiding behind cover. And, those kills not only help your team to win, but adds extra XP.

It's always a good idea to try to land shots in groups of tanks. You can usually damage more tanks and have more of them stunned for your team to shoot.

Another little trick you can try to use is spread your shots around. Try to hit/damage as many tanks as possible. If your team can finish off most of them for you, you can earn "Confederate", which adds to your earned XP and can possibly put you in the #1 spot.

KaiserMartens #11 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 27307 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Thank you for your feedback guys!!!

I have not been trying to get this done with GW E-100 because while the assist damage is easy to come by, it is almost impossible to be the one with the most experience, even when I may have the most damage. Artillery gets a lot less exp! I will still try it now and then though.

I will also try to run the S-51 with both guns for increased ROF to get more Splash Opportunities...

And lastly I will slowly creep up the Russian SPG line as others suggested... hopefully it does not take that long though. 

I could buy one of the other German SPGs, I have them researched, so that could be an option too for all I know.

Right now most games go that I get a lot of damage but no Assisted Damage. I think it is my fault for targetting tanks directly rather than shooting next to them.

Thats_Frosty #12 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19602 battles
  • [AO] AO

I did mine in my Gw Tiger P and im pretty sure the map was either El Halluf or Redshire.

Honestly it's all about luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users