Jump to content


What does the Maus and E 100 line need? (poll)

Maus E 100 Tiger II Tiger 2 E100 Tiger buff nerf rework poll

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: The Maus and E 100 line needs to be reworked. But... (47 members have cast votes)

But what should be done?

  1. More front armor on turret (11 votes [23.40%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.40%

  2. More average penetration (6 votes [12.77%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.77%

  3. Both (18 votes [38.30%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 38.30%

  4. Other things? Like what? (5 votes [10.64%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.64%

  5. Do not need anything (now stop complaining!) (7 votes [14.89%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

GradorGamer #21 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 21:29

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8571 battles
  • 101
  • [RUGIR] RUGIR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2016

View PostNixeldon, on Dec 02 2018 - 21:24, said:

I was replying to his comment where he specifically singled-out the Maus.  :facepalm:Try again. The E-100, while slightly less than average, has a flatter win rate curve than most tier X tanks as well.

 

There was no need to provide an example, and the 705A is not "perfectly balanced". I also never concurred with your examples of obsolete and your poll is a biased and garbage poll. So far, your only argument is you don't want to use premium ammunition and you provide nothing to counter the tank performance.

 

Your desire to use or not use a specific type of ammunition does not change the fact that the Maus is performing slightly above average. You said in another reply,"I do not want an OP tank..." Yet the Maus has an above server average win rate and you want it buffed.

 

This was not my only argument, learn to read, and even then it is still valid, since most tanks can do good damage only with ordinary ammunition, 250 de pen would be enough. Also my research has nothing biased, everyone agrees that the Maus and E 100 need some changes, of course, I just wanted to know what exactly bothers the players of these vehicles

GradorGamer #22 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 21:31

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8571 battles
  • 101
  • [RUGIR] RUGIR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2016

View PostRC_1140, on Dec 02 2018 - 21:27, said:

E100 needs better turret armor. Maus could use a small gun buff but not too much. I penned an E100 turret front with 277 AP. Most t10 HEAT can pen it when angled. 

 

Thank you, finally someone who understood what I'm saying!

GradorGamer #23 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 21:39

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8571 battles
  • 101
  • [RUGIR] RUGIR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2016

This guy best explains my point of view. It's in Portuguese but it's just translate.

 

http://forum.worldof...7684-maus-buff/



SenHai #24 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 22:11

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 17796 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011

I think the biggest issue is premium ammo. The fact that these tanks can have their armor ignored even at optimum angles is the issue. The tanks are fairly fine as is. One issue I see though is that the Maus only gets the one gun choice, a d its identical to the stock gun of the E-100. I would just have the Maus's 128 get a tiny reload buff. Half a second at most. Maybe bring the pen up to 248 for the 128mm gun. I think maybe the stock gun should be removed from the e-100, just let the players get that gun immediately.



Nixeldon #25 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 22:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 60879 battles
  • 2,218
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011

View PostGradorGamer, on Dec 02 2018 - 15:29, said:

This was not my only argument, learn to read, and even then it is still valid, since most tanks can do good damage only with ordinary ammunition, 250 de pen would be enough. Also my research has nothing biased, everyone agrees that the Maus and E 100 need some changes, of course, I just wanted to know what exactly bothers the players of these vehicles

 

When I said your only argument, I was referring to addressing the tank performance, not your opinion of other tanks you haven't played. Your opinion does not change server performance of the tanks. Also do you have data to support your claims of "no bias" and "everyone agrees"? 

 

Almost any noticeable buff to the Maus without compensating elsewhere will likely make it too strong. This game has as many or more issues with power creep as other games. Some of the Soviet tier X are too strong and that should be addressed before another round of never-ending tank buffs. Several other tanks are performing well below average, much worse than the German Heavies. The T110E5 has a 43.3% recent server win rate.  

 

My primary issue with your poll(apart from its bias) is I completely lack empathy when there are other tanks that are actually underperfoming for most players. Regardless of what my opinion is of what the E-100/Maus need changed, considering both of these tanks perform above server average and have flatter win rate curves than most tanks at tier X, how much better should they perform?

 

 

 

 

 



GradorGamer #26 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 22:42

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8571 battles
  • 101
  • [RUGIR] RUGIR
  • Member since:
    03-20-2016

View PostNixeldon, on Dec 02 2018 - 22:19, said:

 

When I said your only argument, I was referring to addressing the tank performance, not your opinion of other tanks you haven't played. Your opinion does not change server performance of the tanks. Also do you have data to support your claims of "no bias" and "everyone agrees"? 

 

Almost any noticeable buff to the Maus without compensating elsewhere will likely make it too strong. This game has as many or more issues with power creep as other games. Some of the Soviet tier X are too strong and that should be addressed before another round of never-ending tank buffs. Several other tanks are performing well below average, much worse than the German Heavies. The T110E5 has a 43.3% recent server win rate.  

 

My primary issue with your poll(apart from its bias) is I completely lack empathy when there are other tanks that are actually underperfoming for most players. Regardless of what my opinion is of what the E-100/Maus need changed, considering both of these tanks perform above server average and have flatter win rate curves than most tanks at tier X, how much better should they perform?

 

 

 

 

 

 

View PostNixeldon, on Dec 02 2018 - 22:19, said:

 

When I said your only argument, I was referring to addressing the tank performance, not your opinion of other tanks you haven't played. Your opinion does not change server performance of the tanks. Also do you have data to support your claims of "no bias" and "everyone agrees"? 

 

Almost any noticeable buff to the Maus without compensating elsewhere will likely make it too strong. This game has as many or more issues with power creep as other games. Some of the Soviet tier X are too strong and that should be addressed before another round of never-ending tank buffs. Several other tanks are performing well below average, much worse than the German Heavies. The T110E5 has a 43.3% recent server win rate.  

 

My primary issue with your poll(apart from its bias) is I completely lack empathy when there are other tanks that are actually underperfoming for most players. Regardless of what my opinion is of what the E-100/Maus need changed, considering both of these tanks perform above server average and have flatter win rate curves than most tanks at tier X, how much better should they perform?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If to other tanks that need to be improved then they should be improved as well, I am not saying that only Maus and E 100 should be buffed, I just quoted them because they are the tanks with which I have experience. Also, I mentioned that they need improvements in shielding and medium penetration, however, I did not quote exactly what should be done so you can not say that it would get too strong. 250 pen is too much? Of course not, it would just be "normal", in fact it would still be less than all other heavy 10 tier, could be 248 as Senai quoted previously. The front shield of the E 100 is undeniably thin for a super heavy tier 10, only 250mm, a small increase to 260mm would be enough, while some exceed 300mm and yet are penetrated. 

 

Please, read this: http://forum.worldof...7684-maus-buff/


Edited by GradorGamer, Dec 02 2018 - 22:44.


Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #27 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 22:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 39664 battles
  • 2,536
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Dec 02 2018 - 21:08, said:

 

 

Sorry, Mate.  Both tanks are fine (E100 might like a tiny bit more pen, but it's still fine)  And your poll is invalid, for having leading answers and no Bacon option.

What opinion do you have when you've only played it 65 times and most other T10s you own less than 10 battles, not to mention you're quite the average joe player. E-100 is among the weakest heaviest along with FV215b and IS-4. Fine doesn't cut it.

The turret can get penned by 330mm heat regardless if you have perfect angling or not. Even the sides of the hull that has a gigantic amount of space between the 60mm side skirt and 120mm side plate can get penned by HEAT if its anywhere near 90 degrees and that's absurd.



Nixeldon #28 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 23:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 60879 battles
  • 2,218
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011

View PostGradorGamer, on Dec 02 2018 - 16:42, said:

 

 

If to other tanks that need to be improved then they should be improved as well, I am not saying that only Maus and E 100 should be buffed, I just quoted them because they are the tanks with which I have experience. Also, I mentioned that they need improvements in shielding and medium penetration, however, I did not quote exactly what should be done so you can not say that it would get too strong. 250 pen is too much? Of course not, it would just be "normal", in fact it would still be less than all other heavy 10 tier, could be 248 as Senai quoted previously. The front shield of the E 100 is undeniably thin for a super heavy tier 10, only 250mm, a small increase to 260mm would be enough, while some exceed 300mm and yet are penetrated. 

 

Please, read this: http://forum.worldof...7684-maus-buff/

 

Why improve a tank that has an above average win rate and performs better than most Tier X tanks for the average player? Since the SPG changes, very few Tier X tanks perform as well for the average/below average player as the Maus. 



ECA #29 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 00:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11920 battles
  • 317
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

it needs to be kept in the time frame it was made...

Advancing into the era of 1950's brought allot of changes and improvements to Armour and ammo..

Ammo went to high speed and MAJOR damage..  we can shove a cobalt Rod threw a Old tank and watch it come out the other side and Bounce around inside..

The amour went from Solid pieces to Multi Layers of different stuff..Regular and HE shells dont have much chance on MOST current tanks,,unless you can fire 3-4 shorts REAL FAST...and hit the same spot each time...not a chance..



MeMeBigBoi #30 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 16:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 36292 battles
  • 469
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    12-12-2013

View PostGradorGamer, on Dec 02 2018 - 11:33, said:

Say what you think

 

 

Both tanks shouldn’t be buffed, 

 

the Maus was buffed than nerffed because of how Overpowered it was, 

the E 100 is not supposed to have armor it’s got a great gun.

 

you are complaining because you don’t know how to play the tanks. It’s not the stats fault it’s yours

 

suck it up and get good 



RickEdwards #31 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 17:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28433 battles
  • 499
  • [NISHI] NISHI
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013
Neither; Maus should be nerfed back to pre-buff armor and tier 10 premium ammo should be removed. If that happens, both tanks would be competitive without being overpowered. Along with other tanks, like the IS-4 and any slow heavy that needs to rely on its armor.

DerJager #32 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 05:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 6009 battles
  • 2,421
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011

In my opinion the Maus's armor is fine, but the E100 is a real sore spot. Both tanks could use another 10-15mm penetration. Right now a Maus vs a Maus is insane if neither one uses gold.

 

Mathematically speaking, it cannot angle to raise EAV above 300mm. Which with gold rounds is almost necessary.

 

It either needs a big engine buff to make it genuinely nimble and fast, or a rounded turret or something of the sort. To give perspective, I solo'd an E100 in an IS-3 by hugging his flank. He couldn't maneuver fast enough to keep me in his guns.

 

As far as their lines go, the Tiger II needs some more turret armor (mathematicallyiimpossible to boost it over 200mm regardless of angling and it STILL has the cupola weak spot) and the VK 4502A needs the 105mm L/68.

 

 

As for bo 



EmperorJuliusCaesar #33 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 03:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 37052 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostAlmighty_Johnson, on Dec 03 2018 - 03:08, said:

View PostGradorGamer, on Dec 02 2018 - 12:49, said:

 

Of course not, everyone knows that Maus and E 100 and some of their line tanks are obsolete and are not as competitive as they were. Its shielding is inefficient and its penetration mean and insufficient, but what I'm wondering here is which of those problems should be solved first...

 

In other words, "It's not OP and I can't wantonly seal-club all in my path with this monstrosity of German Steel"?

Was that close?

Sorry, Mate.  Both tanks are fine (E100 might like a tiny bit more pen, but it's still fine)  And your poll is invalid, for having leading answers and no Bacon option.

 

BINGO, same reason people cry about the T110e5, it's no longer a brainless OP machine.  All 3 tanks can be played well, they just take time and practice.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #34 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 04:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 37052 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostNixeldon, on Dec 03 2018 - 04:19, said:

View PostGradorGamer, on Dec 02 2018 - 15:29, said:

This was not my only argument, learn to read, and even then it is still valid, since most tanks can do good damage only with ordinary ammunition, 250 de pen would be enough. Also my research has nothing biased, everyone agrees that the Maus and E 100 need some changes, of course, I just wanted to know what exactly bothers the players of these vehicles

 

 The T110E5 has a 43.3% recent server win rate. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's because we have a stubborn [edited] playerbase that refuses to adapt to the game, they demand that they game adapt to them.  It's no longer the OP brainless tank that it used(nor should it be, it's a heavy, not a superheavy) to be and people refuse to adapt to it, they just keep crying for it to be buff. 

WG even used it in their new video on how to block damage.  It did extremely well, but again, stubborn players refuse to learn and adapt.



Nixeldon #35 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 10:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 60879 battles
  • 2,218
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 04 2018 - 22:36, said:

That's because we have a stubborn [edited] playerbase that refuses to adapt to the game, they demand that they game adapt to them.  It's no longer the OP brainless tank that it used(nor should it be, it's a heavy, not a superheavy) to be and people refuse to adapt to it, they just keep crying for it to be buff. 

WG even used it in their new video on how to block damage.  It did extremely well, but again, stubborn players refuse to learn and adapt.

 

The reason for the E5's terrible recent performance is irrelevant toward why the Maus/E-100 should be buffed, but it is great that you are always eager to offer your extraordinarily unsubstantiated speculation on every topic you see. The Maus and E100 both perform average or better for all but the worst players. The E5 generally underperforms for all but the best players and its overall performance is still declining.

 

 

 



CeIestiaLudenberg #36 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 10:05

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 50 battles
  • 113
  • Member since:
    12-02-2018

All the E100 needs is for it to get the real Maus II turret and not the current gimped version of it.

 

The problem with the E100 is the turret sides, they are weak to the point where angling is really iffy and usually when the front is a non-pen, the sides are penetrable and vice-versa. Changing the turret from the current 250/150/150 to the real 250/200/200 would mean that the turret is still cheese when the driver is a typical pubbie who doesn't angle, but it also means that it rewards those who know how to angle, like the Maus does.

 

That said I do also find it perplexing how the German superheavies have 2 loaders, are in turrets that are 2-3x the size, yet still have the same reload times as the smaller tanks with the same (essentially) guns.



DerJager #37 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 22:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 6009 battles
  • 2,421
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011

I've already said that mathematically the E100's turret cannot be angled to produce EAV's over 300mm for all presented surfaces.

 

Even HEAT rounds, notorious for their unreliability, will blow through a properly angled E100 turret like cardboard.

 

The same is true for the E-75 since it's turret has those damn able angled side plates decreasing the maximum possible angle of the turret sides.

 

The E-100 really needs 180mm side plates minimum (200 would be better given the ubiquity of gold rounds at tier 10.

Or alternatively the turret face could simply be angled back 45 degrees from the vertical. Give it an impenetrable turret face like the Russian heavies, that way it doesn't have to angle.

 

 

The E-75 really needs a 265mm turret face, since angling the turret is inherently less effective due to the geometry of the turret itself.

 

Maus's armor is just fine. 



LostThatLovinFeeling #38 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 10:16

    First lieutenant

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28005 battles
  • 525
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012
Maus is fine how it is.. If anything increase the base dpm from 2200 to ~2350 with improved rammer, BIA and directives that a high 2700 to low 2800. Power creep has done the E100 dirty. Its gun is fine, 330 pen with 2250 base with full set up puts the DPM in the mid to high 2800's, which is good for a super heavy. The turret armor is something that needs to be addressed. If you give it the ability, while it is angled the more than likely chance to bounce a high pen round, it becomes a viable super heavy again. I suggestion is increase the front turret from 250 to 270 maybe 275 mm and increase the bottom plate by 5mm. This will force tanks to use they mobility advantage to get around you instead of just being able to shoot through your turret face. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users