Ker-splat

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #1 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 05:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2799 battles

I feel like I should just quit...but I have too much money in it to quit.  Every Victory today has been zero damage.  Usually right at the bottom of the team.  Always in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I'm kind of laughing as my win rate has plunged below 40%.  I don't need to care much, since I never matter in the W/L equation anyway. 

edit:  yay, I was only 85% useless in the next Victory.

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Dec 03 2018 - 05:29.

ArmorStorm #2 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 05:33

Major

• Players
  • 35638 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

Now I’m just spitballing here, but you might consider learning the game as an alternative. 

Lots of guides and videos out there, this game has some pretty complex mechanics to master if you want to help your team. 

death_stryker #3 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 06:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Dec 02 2018 - 21:11, said:

I feel like I should just quit...but I have too much money in it to quit.  Every Victory today has been zero damage.  Usually right at the bottom of the team.  Always in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I'm kind of laughing as my win rate has plunged below 40%.  I don't need to care much, since I never matter in the W/L equation anyway. 

edit:  yay, I was only 85% useless in the next Victory.

Send me a friend request; I'll teach you some map positioning in a training room, if you want. 

There is a ton of stuff on YouTube about positioning and map strategy, so that's also an option. Not gonna lie though, some of it is a bit outdated.

Buttknuckle #4 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 47550 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
You have "too much money in to quit." . Are you really getting your money out of it if you only have 2600 games since 2015?

Captain_Rownd #5 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 07:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2799 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Dec 02 2018 - 19:20, said:

You have "too much money in to quit." . Are you really getting your money out of it if you only have 2600 games since 2015?

I started Tanks exactly 2 years ago, and 2600 games is FAR more time than I should have been playing any computer game.  But anyhow, it passes the time.  As terrible as the game is as a game, the graphics are fabulous... 

View PostArmorStorm, on Dec 02 2018 - 18:33, said:

Now I’m just spitballing here, but you might consider learning the game as an alternative.

I've been learning it for a long time. 

One thing I get to notice a lot is that even if I do manage a shot or two of damage, my total damage in a game is often less than a single shot that one of the enemies has put into me.  Oh wait, 3/5/7 matchmaking...of course.  ;D 

Captain_Rownd #6 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 08:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2799 battles

View Postdeath_stryker, on Dec 02 2018 - 19:18, said:

Send me a friend request; I'll teach you some map positioning in a training room, if you want.

That would be cool, but I never know when I'm going to play in advance since I can only try to play when the girlfriend is out of the house.

I did recently add a mod that allows me to use free camera in replays, which may help quite a bit over time when I have a few hours to study things.

I watch a lot of 4TankersAndDog, but the positions he uses and things he does often aren't useful in the vehicles I run. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Dec 03 2018 - 08:35.

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 13:05

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on Dec 03 2018 - 03:31, said:

I started Tanks exactly 2 years ago, and 2600 games is FAR more time than I should have been playing any computer game. Well... your forum join date is 3 years & 2 months ago. But even if you did start playing only 2 years ago... 1300 battles per year is very, very few as far as building any kind of proficiency at this game.

As terrible as the game is as a game, the graphics are fabulous...  The only reason you feel the game is "terrible" is that you feel you are failing at it. If you were to come to a true and complete understanding of how to succeed at the game and put that knowledge to work using practiced strategies and tactics, suddenly you would know that this game is wonderful, very well thought out and much better than any tank based game available today.

I've been learning it for a long time.  No... not really. 2 years with only 2600 battles is barely scratching the surface. Average players generally seem to take ~5 to 10,000 battles to start getting a real "handle" on this game, if you think of yourself as far above average when really you're not, that will just add to your frustration.

Be realistic about you're expectations and "Good Luck Have Fun"

banziduck #8 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 13:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19760 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 03 2018 - 06:05, said:

I have to agree with George here 2600 battles is really just starting based on your stats your in a good grove running 48%+ and running up to tier 6 which by the game counts on them you just started playing tier 6.  You are starting to see where learning the game is becoming important.  Tactics, maps, armor so on.  Relax and take the good with the bad and better your skills.  I was 14K before I really started to see improvement and that was only because I stopped worrying about the stats and focused on increasing damage, aiming learning the maps and tanks.  There is lots of help out there and here but remember watching a unicom play is not going to make you a great player it only shows you how they play.  Take it and adapt to your style.  Hang in there if you like send me some replays I will be happy to go over them and give you feed back.

Cheers

MacDaddyMatty #9 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 14:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 28119 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Hey OP,

Check this out:

https://www.clandday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=536

It helped me go from tomato to green.

Especially the part about patience.

Swing by if you want to platoon sometime, it helps A LOT

ts.clanDDAY.com

dunniteowl #10 Posted Dec 03 2018 - 16:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 23745 battles

Also, try reading through some of this:

The WoT Welcome Package

There's stuff in there that WILL help you be a better tanker.  MM sucks for everyone the same.  3/5/7 does suck, and the last few days have sucked hard.  You know what, though?  It ISN'T MM making the bad decisions, forcing folks to YOLO or making them choose the wrong direction to position on the maps.  That's all People in that and you'd be surprised HOW MANY players are sub 48% players.  I know I was when I started checking.  At a normal recent of around 54% I have found that sometimes I AM the best player on my teams.  My overall is just over 50% and I find myself in matches where even THAT places me at the top of my team's skill ladder.

It was eye-opening.  It's not so that I can deride or berate or belittle my Fellow Gamers.  It does mean, though, that I understand better what it will normally take to help win -- ME, paying even more attention to what's going on.  The facts are that the rest of my team is more clueless than I am and THAT means I have to put on my 'carry' pants.  Last couple of days, I have apparently only been playing in my underwear.  Who knew?

Hang in there and DO NOT BLAME.  Learn instead.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Dec 03 2018 - 16:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users