Anniversary Email - Feels Bad Man

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jhuderis #1 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 02:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3189 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hey! Check out this premium tank that we're giving to people who aren't you!

I've been in many games with Anniversary rewards. Typically, the longer term players might get some sort of badge/emblem or whatever, but everyone gets the "fun" stuff, like the tank in this case.

Getting an email saying I get a tank and then saying it's only for people playing for 6 years was a poor move on their part imho. Even if I get something else, the bait and switch makes everything that comes after feel crappy.

No point to this post other than to vent. I can't even put new vents on the new tank I don't get. ;)

Peak_Bagger #2 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 02:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16943 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
Yeah, it's a kick in the 'nads to people who don't get the tank. Kinda' like Lucy tormenting Charlie Brown with that football. But I think this is aimed at the long-timers who have lapsed, trying to bring them back to check out the game in its current form. I'm cool with that.

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

Don't be too sad, it's a rather average tier 6 light tank that doesn't even make extra credits or crew XP like a real premium tank.

UnitG2 #4 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 02:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28803 battles

The pre-release video was very much the same message.

Then all the old timers who are getting the tank flooded the forums to say why its all the Millennials faults anyway. Sad, but I swear tis true.

Devil__Anse #5 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 03:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1806 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostJhuderis, on Dec 03 2018 - 19:10, said:

Hey! Check out this premium tank that we're giving to people who aren't you!

I've been in many games with Anniversary rewards. Typically, the longer term players might get some sort of badge/emblem or whatever, but everyone gets the "fun" stuff, like the tank in this case.

Getting an email saying I get a tank and then saying it's only for people playing for 6 years was a poor move on their part imho. Even if I get something else, the bait and switch makes everything that comes after feel crappy.

No point to this post other than to vent. I can't even put new vents on the new tank I don't get. ;)

so you who created your account 7 months ago should get the same reward as someone who created their account 7 years ago?  ridiculous logic

Jhuderis #6 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 06:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3189 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDevil__Anse, on Dec 03 2018 - 18:31, said:

so you who created your account 7 months ago should get the same reward as someone who created their account 7 years ago?  ridiculous logic

Actually yes, but it’s not at all the point of the post. My issue was with the email received saying that I was getting a tank as part of the anniversary event, only to click through the link and discover it wasn’t actually true. My complaint is about poor or misleading marketing and not whether any particular player is owed anything.

Since you made the point, I’d argue that the “value” of any player from WG’s perspective is specifically how much money that player has spent on the game. A ten year FTP is of less value (not none because word of mouth etc bringing in other potential paying players) but certainly less than a one day old account who drops $100. That doesn’t “feel good” to long term players who, from your comment, seem to think that time played should mean greater rewards rather than greater recognition in the form of non-gameplay items like titles or badges etc.You want more loot because you “deserve” it more than me. Interesting logic there but I’d guess it’s out of sync with the business model of the game.

dunniteowl #7 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 06:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 23789 battles

No, you're wrong.  Even if you played only 4 years, you got a tank.  I like it.

Didn't you get a million free credits and a 1000 bonds for nothing more than having been here, though?  Isn't that good?

I can never understand why folks complain they 'didn't get enough' FREE STUFF.

Some folks got more than I did, others got less.  I miss out on all kinds of events because I don't have the 'right tanks.'  Do I complain?  No, I do not.

You know why?  Because it's a game and I generally am happy to just play.  When I get FREE STUFF, I don't look over at Joe Tanker's plate and think, "Aww mannn, he got more cookie than me."  No sir, I do not.  I think, "Wow.  I got some Free Stuff!  That's COOL!"  That's what I think when I get Free Stuff.  I never complain I didn't get enough of something given to me for free.

There's this thing.  It's called gratitude.  Give it a whirl, you might find it more peace inducing than, "Someone got more than me."

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Jhuderis #8 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 15:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3189 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Dunnite, you're missing the original point of my post due to the "owed" logical argument derailment of the thread. I shouldn't have bothered responding to him, but I did because I had a crapday at work yesterday and felt like picking apart his comment. Yay internet. That was my own fault for engaging. 

Again, my issue is with the poor marketing of the email that made me feel excited that there was a tank and then it turned out not to be true. Here's the email title. Totally misleading and therefore disappointing. It's not about entitlement, it's about them saying one thing and doing another. Oh and I don't get anything anyway. I wasn't registered last December. So there is no FREE STUFF for me at all. 

Edited by Jhuderis, Dec 04 2018 - 15:22.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users