Repair and First aid kits

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 07:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles
I have a Large Repair Kit and a Large and Small First Aid Kit.  When I get hit in Battle, and I have damage or a gunner is knocked out, do I need to press a key on my key board to use them or is it automatic?

bilzbobaggins #2 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 07:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43031 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 04 2018 - 01:14, said:

I have a Large Repair Kit and a Large and Small First Aid Kit.  When I get hit in Battle, and I have damage or a gunner is knocked out, do I need to press a key on my key board to use them or is it automatic?

You have to hit the number that goes with them.  4, 5 or 6.  If its a large kit, it goes to work automatically.  If its a small kit, you have to hit the number of the kit followed by the number that represents the damaged module/hurt crewmemeber. 

jt1alta #3 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 08:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38305 battles

Just a reminder if you use all three in a battle you just blew through 43k in credits.Training your crew in repair and getting a tool box may help save some credits. I use small and large repair with large 1st aid on my higher tier tanks.

Save up your credits so you can buy consumables if they ever go on sale.(hopefully soon)

Good Luck

banziduck #4 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 13:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19760 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

Even with Large First aid and Repair you still have to hit 4 or 5 to activate, a large First aid will fix all injured crew where as a small will only fix one same with repair kits large fixes all issues small fixes one.  

When they are on sale buy some if you have the credits to spare.

Cheers

Joe_WireShark #5 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 13:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 29469 battles
for best economics and game play i use small first aid under the 4 key, pressing 4 twice heals driver, i like scout tanks. A small repair under 5, hitting 5 twice fixes tracks, i like scouts. But i spend the extra money on the large fire extinguisher(it auto activates after a fire), at least above tier 6, below tier 6, it might not matter, not enough health worth saving. this set up seems to work well for me on most tanks in pubbies. 

Edited by Joe_WireShark, Dec 04 2018 - 13:59.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 66606 battles
Per the others OP either large kit has to be activated, but it will heal/fix everything.  So no need to make a follow up selection as with standard kits.  Also they give a bonus for protection which is nice.

Almighty_Johnson #7 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 14:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 22884 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

With 43 battles you are just starting to figure out the rules and how the game works.  For a brand new player, you probably shouldn't run a large anything on your tanks and certainly don't run 2 of the same type (first aid kits).  You are in the part of the game where you need as many credits as you can get to upgrade modules and buy a ton of low tier stuff.  Save the credits for that, don't waste it on consumables.  Later on, you can make much better informed decisions on what gear to run on what tanks.

Also, you would be really well served by watching instructional YouTube vids on WOT.  LemmingRush, Taugrim, Quicky Baby, older Mighty Jingles stuff, even Claus Kellerman (but take him with a grain of salt.)  And maybe make some friends and platoon with more experienced players.  After you have a few hundred to a thousand battles, look for a training clan.

World Of Tanks is a tremendously fun game, but it has a VERY steep learning curve, very high skill cap, and it's not forgiving at all in random battles.  You will be punished for every mistake and misplay.  But don't give up.  I had fun as a pathetic scrub for a long time till I got training from some better players and now I have even more fun.

Welcome to the game, GL/HF :)

dunniteowl #8 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 16:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 23745 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 04 2018 - 00:14, said:

Yes.  Depending on which slot you placed it into, it will either be 4, 5, or 6.  It is NOT automatic, except the Automatic Fire Extinguisher, which is, oddly enough, automatic.

Those kits are expensive (the large kits and auto fire extinguisher are 20K credits each) and if you use them in battle, you better be sure you plan to be in it to win it, because those will most likely make you go negative in credits at end of battle.

The only real difference in functionality between the large and small is that the large ones fix ALL damage/crew and a small one requires you to choose which Single Item/Crew Member to 'fix' and then wait 90 seconds.

The real advantage to Large Kits is that they offer a % reduction in the chance to have modules or crew damaged/injured.  If you find yourself getting damaged a lot and using those kits, then dying almost immediately afterwards, you will end up with no credits really soon as a new player.

On units below tier V I only run small kits and manual fire extinguishers.  3000 credits a pop.  Most times in lower tiers if you get damaged and need a kit, it's probably only dumb luck that you aren't going to get rekt a few seconds later.  Most times, I do my best to let my tracks fix themselves (repair skill speeds this up) and hope that I am not in a spot to get too badly damaged afterwards.  In most cases, when you get tracked in a bad spot, the repair kit will only delay the inevitable by a couple of seconds.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

the_Deadly_Bulb #9 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 04:20

Major

• Players
  • 23138 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postdunniteowl, on Dec 04 2018 - 07:46, said:

Yes.  Depending on which slot you placed it into, it will either be 4, 5, or 6.  It is NOT automatic, except the Automatic Fire Extinguisher, which is, oddly enough, automatic.

Those kits are expensive (the large kits and auto fire extinguisher are 20K credits each) and if you use them in battle, you better be sure you plan to be in it to win it, because those will most likely make you go negative in credits at end of battle.

The only real difference in functionality between the large and small is that the large ones fix ALL damage/crew and a small one requires you to choose which Single Item/Crew Member to 'fix' and then wait 90 seconds.

The real advantage to Large Kits is that they offer a % reduction in the chance to have modules or crew damaged/injured.  If you find yourself getting damaged a lot and using those kits, then dying almost immediately afterwards, you will end up with no credits really soon as a new player.

On units below tier V I only run small kits and manual fire extinguishers.  3000 credits a pop.  Most times in lower tiers if you get damaged and need a kit, it's probably only dumb luck that you aren't going to get rekt a few seconds later.  Most times, I do my best to let my tracks fix themselves (repair skill speeds this up) and hope that I am not in a spot to get too badly damaged afterwards.  In most cases, when you get tracked in a bad spot, the repair kit will only delay the inevitable by a couple of seconds.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

The Large Repair kit provides an increase to the crew's repair speed.

From the wiki;

(Large Repair kits) While equipped, passively adds 10% to crew's field-repair speed. When used, the kit repairs all currently damaged modules until the end of battle when activated by the respective button. Repaired modules can still be damaged again after the repair, and the passive effect is lost during the cool down phase.

Its the large First Aid kit that provides additional protection from injury to crew members.

Again, from the wiki;

(Large FA kits) While equipped, provides 15% passive resistance to crew injury from penetrating hits. When used, heals all currently injured crew members until the end of battle when activated by the respective button. Healed crew members can still be re-injured or perish, and the passive effect is lost during the cool down phase. :honoring:

snailcrusher #10 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles

Hi Everyone,

Much thanks to everyone's advise. 

Thank you, Snailcrusher

ethics_gradient #11 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 38064 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostJoe_WireShark, on Dec 04 2018 - 07:58, said:

for best economics and game play i use small first aid under the 4 key, pressing 4 twice heals driver, i like scout tanks. A small repair under 5, hitting 5 twice fixes tracks, i like scouts. But i spend the extra money on the large fire extinguisher(it auto activates after a fire), at least above tier 6, below tier 6, it might not matter, not enough health worth saving. this set up seems to work well for me on most tanks in pubbies.

This

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users