Jump to content


AP and HEAT rounds for SPG's

AP and HEAT rounds for SPGs

  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Give the AP and HEAT rounds back. (42 members have cast votes)

Give SPG's limited AP and HEAT ammo

  1. Yes (10 votes [23.81%])

    Percentage of vote: 23.81%

  2. No (32 votes [76.19%])

    Percentage of vote: 76.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

the_dude_76 #21 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 20:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 33821 battles
  • 4,826
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

View Postdunniteowl, on Dec 04 2018 - 10:05, said:

 

I never used them when they were available.  Way too expensive and not worth it for maybe.

 

Don't miss them now that they're gone.  

 

Didn't vote in the poll, though were I to do so, I would like an "I don't really care one way or the other" option to select.

 

 

OvO

 

They were good for shotgunning when you had to defend yourself at the end of the match or if a medium got through. Now arty has basically no ability to defend itself against anything other than light tanks.

Ich_bin_Hass #22 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 13:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78956 battles
  • 1,037
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Dec 04 2018 - 05:41, said:

 

Nothing like this has existed in the history of WOT... Ever. 

 

No mod out there can alter a tanks armor, penetration, aim time/accuracy, reload, ect. that would essentially turn their tank into a god vehicle. If it did exist, why would people try to hide it? They would just be running around with full HP at the end of the game with 9k+ damage. It's one of the most stupid things I have ever heard and I can't understand why people still think crap like this exists. 

 

It was taken out because people were getting hit across the maps for nearly all of their HP. Things like the 4005 and 183 can still do that in today's game, but at least you can shoot those in return...

 

No but third party mods like SPG sniper mode was why AP and HEAT for SPG's was taken out IMHO !

Ich_bin_Hass #23 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 13:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78956 battles
  • 1,037
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View Postthe_dude_76, on Dec 04 2018 - 13:04, said:

 

They were good for shotgunning when you had to defend yourself at the end of the match or if a medium got through. Now arty has basically no ability to defend itself against anything other than light tanks.

 

 My point exactly !  If a medium tank unless heavily damaged breaks through. You're DEAD as an SPG.

Luminator #24 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 23:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8486 battles
  • 76
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013
I would rather arty got unlimited AP and HEAT ammo. I also think that the stun mechanic was a bad idea.

ECA #25 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 03:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11920 battles
  • 317
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Artillery is/was NEVER a direct fire weapon..

99.9% of the time it was 5+ miles away from anything happening.

And even in the Manual..They had a spotter watching the area....and if 1 enemy came within 1 to 1.5 miles, they were TOLD TO RUN...

firs thing you learned was HOW to BUG OUT, and load up and PACK it out...Around 1-2 minutes...If it wasnt in the Truck it was LEFT behind...

 

If arty was setup to fire Paintball shots...People would complain..because you would have to clean it off before you could see anything, 4-5 seconds..or drive off a cliff.

It dont matter that arty view range is SHORT, and any tank can spot them at FULL RANGE of their OWN view...(part of reason Small tanks have short view range..)

Who Shoots at ARTY if they see it on the map??  Raise your hands...

Every tank and every ARTY...

Team arty knows you hate Arty...and if you give him a chance...YOUR ARTY will shoot the others....its very good points.  But also, it makes them MOVE/RUN...then they have to reset..which really gets to be fun..because there are NOT alot of places arty can go, and NOT be seen...

Look at your maps...Find a low spot(not high, unless is Big and/or has boulders around it..) Lots of Bushes...(ever wonder why MORE are at the spawn areas?? and in corners)

If Arty is in high location, he ALSO cant see below a point...and that will lessen his VIEW of incoming tanks..EASY TARGET..

Take all your Tank problems of Duck/.Dodge/sneak and peek/ then add a few more...1 hit and dead.  SHOT GUN??  high tier Arty can only shoot at 0/ not -1,-2,-3...they cant Aim DOWN lower then their GUN..



Ich_bin_Hass #26 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 08:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78956 battles
  • 1,037
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 04 2018 - 07:44, said:

 

So much misinformation.

 

The reason they were taken out was part and parcel of the arty nerfs changes (see what I did there folks).   

 

Had nothing to to with accuracy - hell part of the changes was increased accuracy and DECREASED load times. 

 

By the way accuracy is handled server side, not client side. 

 

Again accuracy was increased and stun was added as part of the changes to make them more of a support class.  Same reason solid ball ammo and alpha was reduced - to lessen the one shots. 

 

Trade off was increased RoF and accuracy and stun and splash.  Stun helps the team (if they take advantage of it), but the main reason it was added imo was to compensate the class/players for the loss of alpha damage.  Because stun assist is a BIG part of arty xp now.

 

If we get solid ball ammo back (even if it's limited) then it needs to come with a trade off since we were given "compensation" for it's removal.  And while I miss some of the arty solid ball ammo I'm not complaining because the stun was a big [edited]buff to the class.  Hell it's profitable to run arty now.  When you consistently net good credits playing it there's the proof.

 

And the only reason arty numbers are reduced is because of the cap limits NOT because of the changes including loss of solid ball ammo.  Otherwise they wouldn't have had to institute the first cap of five then lower it to the current three per side max as well as making the platoon restrictions.

 

Bringing it back without a corresponding adjustment ain't going to happen imo.  Nor should it.

 

 

 

"part of the changes was increased accuracy and DECREASED load times"

 

  What planet are you playing on !!!  Load time were upped and most SPG's were turned into SLUGS that can't move. Just ask those that have the FV-304 (The Bert). !



Ich_bin_Hass #27 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 08:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78956 battles
  • 1,037
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View PostECA, on Dec 05 2018 - 20:01, said:

Artillery is/was NEVER a direct fire weapon..

99.9% of the time it was 5+ miles away from anything happening.

And even in the Manual..They had a spotter watching the area....and if 1 enemy came within 1 to 1.5 miles, they were TOLD TO RUN...

firs thing you learned was HOW to BUG OUT, and load up and PACK it out...Around 1-2 minutes...If it wasnt in the Truck it was LEFT behind...

 

If arty was setup to fire Paintball shots...People would complain..because you would have to clean it off before you could see anything, 4-5 seconds..or drive off a cliff.

It dont matter that arty view range is SHORT, and any tank can spot them at FULL RANGE of their OWN view...(part of reason Small tanks have short view range..)

Who Shoots at ARTY if they see it on the map??  Raise your hands...

Every tank and every ARTY...

Team arty knows you hate Arty...and if you give him a chance...YOUR ARTY will shoot the others....its very good points.  But also, it makes them MOVE/RUN...then they have to reset..which really gets to be fun..because there are NOT alot of places arty can go, and NOT be seen...

Look at your maps...Find a low spot(not high, unless is Big and/or has boulders around it..) Lots of Bushes...(ever wonder why MORE are at the spawn areas?? and in corners)

If Arty is in high location, he ALSO cant see below a point...and that will lessen his VIEW of incoming tanks..EASY TARGET..

Take all your Tank problems of Duck/.Dodge/sneak and peek/ then add a few more...1 hit and dead.  SHOT GUN??  high tier Arty can only shoot at 0/ not -1,-2,-3...they cant Aim DOWN lower then their GUN..

 

 "Artillery is/was NEVER a direct fire weapon.."

 

  So you're telling me that Field guns couldn't fire over open sights ? But this game ham strings SPG's worse than any other class. They upped the reload, except for the LeFh. Made them SLUGS. Then took their AP and HEAT away. But people still CRY about artty. Which has been nerf'd almost into a unless waste of a team slot. Huge towering ROCKS have SPRUNG up every where. IE., The Mines map. Or we've got canvas covered air ships that block artty. Never knew canvas would act as armor ??? But long story short WG's stop SCREWING one tank class for another's benefit. We've enough super heavy tanks that SPG's can get a direct hit on and DO NOTHING. All you hear is a CLANG and the MONSTER just drive merrily on as if nothing happened. We have enough OP'd Russian Medium gift tanks  in the game already. So please stop producing them. You've rewarded the mod using unicums far too well as it is. I even understand now we have those very same unicums complaining that the Lt-432 needs a buff ! Gemme a BREAK.

 



ECA #28 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 03:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11920 battles
  • 317
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Open sights over 1-2 miles is a waste of ammo.  and there is a difference in a Mobile arty and fixed artillery, or a mobile cannon with a few shots to throw at something... Fixed arty could have ranges to 25 miles, mobile was 5-10(?), and running around with a howitzer on a TRUCK SUCKED...little ammo, and you are going to need a second or third.. because you will need a few extra spotters.  And this type of gun is better Anti personnel, then hoping the tank you are shooting at has a weak spot.  great for raids, hit and run...

 

It would be easier to take a group of arty and Blast an area to Soften the soil so the tanks would slow down or get bogged down and cant move.  Force them to use HARD ROADS, so we can restrict movement.  then Block a few roads/blast them/Fell buildings across them.. to restrict more access..

Using arty in great ways...insted of shooting at moving target we cant see.  With 1 arty insted of 6-8..

But How to you score destruction in an area, without hitting as live target??



EmperorJuliusCaesar #29 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 05:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 37036 battles
  • 5,734
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Dec 04 2018 - 18:01, said:

View PostOrtinoth, on Dec 04 2018 - 04:57, said:

they will not do this - this is just asking them to revert the arty back to what it was before the stun mechanic which needs to be improved

 

 If you limit SPG's to one per side. It wouldn't be an issue. But you'd still have people crying about SPG's. Mostly unicums cry about SPG's or premium ammo. NEVER fails.

 

Arty players buy Personal Reserves too, limiting them to 1 or 2 per battles would ruin their queue times, WG has stated they are not going to do that, nor should they.  People need to learn to adapt to the game, not try to dumb down the game.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #30 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 05:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 37036 battles
  • 5,734
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostMeMeBigBoi, on Dec 04 2018 - 20:21, said:

Just remove arty please. It’s what is killing the game 

 

If that were true, every "remove arty" poll would win.....but instead, every single "remove arty" poll fails....miserably.  Even with some using alts to inflate the "remove" vote.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #31 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 05:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 37036 battles
  • 5,734
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostYANKEE137, on Dec 04 2018 - 20:47, said:

Don't think it would really add anything good to the game. I want smoke rounds- people might actual start liking their arty if it help cover their butts.

 

No way for arty to gain credits/XP for using it......so why would they??



EmperorJuliusCaesar #32 Posted Dec 13 2018 - 05:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 37036 battles
  • 5,734
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostFunky_Nuts, on Dec 04 2018 - 23:11, said:

They might as just remove arty from this game as it is useless any longer. That stun is stupid as hell. bunch of whinny hagle muffins in this game cry like little Vitches 

 

Thankfully WG has stated many times that arty will never be removed.  Thankfully because without it matches are very dull, very boring, and VERY predictable.  That's not fun.



ECA #33 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 03:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11920 battles
  • 317
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Lets say it this way...

Arty see's 2 tanks, dancing behind a rock...taking pot shots that do little, and he fires 1 shot hits both, Stuns..

They Still there sitting, doing hte same...Boom, arty hits again after 30 seconds..Stuns and abit of damage..

Again...and 30 seconds later, BOOM ary damages both over 1/2 damage...

Have they left???  its been almost 2 minutes in 1 spot..  did they get the hint...

BOOM, and 1 of those tanks is dead..

Cant see the other guy, as my team went by and not spotting him...And you need to understand..My team had to spot them for me to see them all that time..  I cant see the other guy, as he is NOT spotted and not detected for 5 seconds...

5 seconds...the amount of time you need to be behind a rock, NOT SPOTTING/SHOOTING..

 



Ich_bin_Hass #34 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 17:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 78956 battles
  • 1,037
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View Postdunniteowl, on Dec 04 2018 - 10:05, said:

 

I never used them when they were available.  Way too expensive and not worth it for maybe.

 

Don't miss them now that they're gone.  

 

Didn't vote in the poll, though were I to do so, I would like an "I don't really care one way or the other" option to select.

 

 

OvO

 

2014. Yeah you NEVER used them !




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users