Percentages

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the game.  I have two tanks.  An American T2 Med Tier II, and an American M2 Tier III.  The T2 is listed at 67% and the M2 at 42%.  What does this mean?  Did they start at 0% and worked up, or did they start at 100% and go down?  How do I get them up to 100%?  Also my Commander's "Training Level" is listed at 100%, then he has a  "Modifier" at -25%, with a "Final Value" at 75%.  I think he started at 100%.  How did he get a "Modifier" of -25% and how do I get him back to 100%?

Thank You

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #2 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32302 battles

are you using the same crew in two different tanks? 

If you move the crew from one tech tree tank to the next you get a penalty unless you retrain them for the new tank. They then "forget" the training on the old tank they used to be in and you get a penalty in their performance. Premium tanks of same nation and type can use crews without penalty. 

Edited by Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan, Dec 05 2018 - 18:48.

snailcrusher #3 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles
No,  They are different crews

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #4 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32302 battles

is he a light tank crew member that you put into a medium? If their training is for a different tank or type you get a penalty in performance. 

Edited by Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan, Dec 05 2018 - 18:55.

MiddleAgedNoob #5 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 18:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13244 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 05 2018 - 12:46, said:

No,  They are different crews

Can you post screen shots?

DomoSapien #6 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:39

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13834 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Hi there!

Echoing what some folks have already mentioned, some screenshots demonstrating the issue with your crew would be quite helpful as we're not entirely sure what you're referring to. There are penalties involved with moving crew between different tanks unless those crews are "re-trained" to those tanks.

Not to scare you away with a huge wall of text or anything, but the Crew system is quite complex and I encourage you to check out our Wiki to familiarize yourself in detail with how it works.

Edited by DomoSapien, Dec 05 2018 - 19:39.

KRZYBooP #7 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3369 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 05 2018 - 11:31, said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the game.  I have two tanks.  An American T2 Med Tier II, and an American M2 Tier III.  The T2 is listed at 67% and the M2 at 42%.  What does this mean?  Did they start at 0% and worked up, or did they start at 100% and go down?  How do I get them up to 100%?  Also my Commander's "Training Level" is listed at 100%, then he has a  "Modifier" at -25%, with a "Final Value" at 75%.  I think he started at 100%.  How did he get a "Modifier" of -25% and how do I get him back to 100%?

Thank You

Welcome to the beautiful game of World of Tanks. HERE are some useful videos to check out concerning some mechanics and may answer all your questions. 

YANKEE137 #8 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 20:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 10905 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

It's so mind numbingly complex that not even community coordinators want explain it. :trollface:

But here's some advice you can use : If you have Amazon Prime and you create a twitch account and link all three, you will get a ton of great free stuff that will help you. Rentals with 100% crews (that you can keep) lots of stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/worldoftanks

Edited by YANKEE137, Dec 05 2018 - 21:05.

The_Iron_Bullet #9 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 23:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17037 battles
  • [AORT] AORT

Today we are going to learn about . . . Percentages. And, for an example, lets take the recent unpleasantness. Supposing there are 1000 Wonka bars in the world, and during the contest you each opened a certain number of them. That number is  . . . (slaps chalkboard) a percent. 

Captain_Rownd #10 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 00:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2770 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 05 2018 - 07:31, said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the game.  I have two tanks.  An American T2 Med Tier II, and an American M2 Tier III.  The T2 is listed at 67% and the M2 at 42%.  What does this mean? 

If you are looking at the number when you hover your cursor over the tank icon in the carousel at the bottom of the screen, that is your win rate in that vehicle.

Captain_Rownd #11 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 00:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2770 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 05 2018 - 07:31, said:

them up to 100%?  Also my Commander's "Training Level" is listed at 100%, then he has a  "Modifier" at -25%, with a "Final Value" at 75%.  I think he started at 100%.  How did he get a "Modifier" of -25% and how do I get him back to 100%?

Thank You

It means he/she is not trained for the tank you have placed him/her in.  Go to their Personnel File and train them for that tank.

snailcrusher #12 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 01:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments.

It will be awhile before I can get a screen shot.  I play the game on a computer in a game room, not on my home computer.  My home computer can't handle the minimum requirements for the game.  It will be several days before I have a chance to go back to the game room.  When I do I will attempt to get some screen shots and will repost this thread.  Special thanks to Captain_Rownd for explaining the percentages on the tanks.

Thank You

dunniteowl #13 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 18:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 23683 battles

View Postsnailcrusher, on Dec 05 2018 - 11:31, said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank You

Judging from your description I am going to hazard an 'slightly informed' guess:

The two numbers you cite are the WIN RATES for the TANKS in question.  It has nothing to do with your CREW at this point.

Now, to clarify, let me ask YOU to do a couple of things:  If you cannot screen shot, then take the time to properly and accurately describe what you are seeing.

If you are hovering over your tank in the garage carousel (the tanks in the line(s) at the bottom of your garage screen) and see a percentage, that is the WIN RATE of that tank.  Savvy?

Now, let's say you SELECT a tank, meaning you click on that tank in the line.  When you do, your crew will be displayed on the left side of your screen, starting with the Commander, Driver, Gunner, Loader and Radio Operator in that order.  If you look at THEM, there will be a Percentage number beside each crew member.  If your crew is at 100%, then, depending on the equipment you have (like Vents, which I doubt you have installed) and other things that I will NOT go into at this moment, they will display, in the order I described: 100%, 110%, 110%, 110% & 110%.

This would be a fully trained crew for that tank.  The Commander automatically gives a 10% bonus to the rest of the crew, so at 100% crew certification, your non-Commander crew members would get 10% added onto that.

With so few games under your belt, I am willing to bet that you went with 50% crews ('cause they're free -- if you can, [and I think you should] train them with silver to at least 75% WHEN YOU GET THEM).

Now, with MY description of WHERE to look and WHAT to look for, go check these things and then come back and tell us what you're seeing if you cannot post a screen shot.

To post a screen shot:  Prt Scrn on your computer keyboard actually works in this game.  It should be above your Back Space button at the top right hand portion of your keyboard, between the Delete and Insert keys at the top line.  When you use this key, it will automatically take a screen shot of your image on the screen, no matter where or when you do this in the game.

This screen shot will be sent to a folder, such as this:  C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\screenshots

That is where mine go.  Yours will go to the 'same place' depending on what drive the game is loaded onto.

Now, to get a screen shot POSTED, you will have to have an Imgur account.  I don't know why they didn't let me use my now 10 year old Photobucket account, but hey, new and shiny, I guess, even though PB has all the same functions as Imgur.  So get an Imgur account and login.

I have a section I titled WoT Screenshots for this purpose.  Here's where it gets fun.  Now that you have a screen shot, you will have to load it up to your Imgur account.  Then, when that is done, you will have to look at the top right hand side of the image you uploaded to Imgur and there will be a "Get Share Links" arrow that you have to hover over to find (It looks like a standard 'arrow' button without a description until you hover over it).  Click that and it will show you FOUR different share links.  Use the bottom left one for BB Code for forums.  Click it and it will automatically copy the link.

Now, when you get back HERE, you will want to place that into the forum post.  All you gotta do is make sure you have some white space (I like to describe the image about to come up, so I type something there, hit enter three times (to leave three blank lines) and then enter whatever else is about to come after the image.  I then copy the link address into the middle of the three lines I left blank.

Posted Image

Like this image above  ^^

With this image, all that I have described should be clearly and visually explained to you, augmenting the words I used to describe the process.

Now get thee hence and provide us a better explanation if I didn't completely NAIL IT, as I suspect I have.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Dec 06 2018 - 18:04.

snailcrusher #14 Posted Dec 08 2018 - 18:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles

Hi Dunniteowl,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I will attempt to do a sceen shot in the next few days.  However, I am not computer savvy and I am using a public gaming computer in a game room.  If not successful  I will submit a detailed explanation of what I am seeing on my screen.  The crews were free and came with the tanks.

Thank You

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users