Jump to content


- - - - -

[ST] Lansen C - Straight Outta Sweden


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:19

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14012 battles
  • 686
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Tankers,

 

The Lansen C hits Supertest today!


The Lansen C is a Swedish Medium Tank. And get this: it goes really fast. The power-to-weight ratio is outstanding: 28.4 hp/ton with a top speed of 50km. While the top speed isn't anything to necessarily write home about on its own, the substantial power-to-weight ratio allows it to hit that top speed quickly and maintain it on soft ground. Additionally boasting solid firepower on a 10.5cm cannon with 320 average Alpha. While 320 Alpha is above average for a Tier VIII medium, its accuracy and aiming parameters prevent it from being a reliable sniper.

 

Coupled with the relatively low armor values, this will likely place the Lansen C into a Flex Support category, similar to mid-tiered US Mediums. On paper, I would liken the vehicle to a Tier VIII T20 with better mobility. You need to rely on your mobility and the excellent Gun Depression angle of -10 Degrees.

The vehicle will excel at claiming key map positions early, engaging in some active scouting, then flexing to another flank for support. The Lansen is a 'social' vehicle - it fares better in a pack than it does in one-on-one engagements, so laying down solid, punchy, mid-range supporting fire is the name of the game. As always, stats are subject to change based on testing.

Screenshots

And remember:


 



_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 43402 battles
  • 17,985
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
Did the Swedish Leo get its hands on some steroids?  Holy toledo.

pickpocket293 #3 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 29919 battles
  • 1,157
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

The CDC can be seen crying in the corner...

 

 

Also, what's the point of Swedish medium tier 8 premiums when the swedish medium line only goes to tier 7?



Dockmaster #4 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 43296 battles
  • 5,633
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011
These "WWII era" tanks are getting out of hand.

Mikosah #5 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,123
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013
The 'low-armor, high-firepower' meta is much more pleasant than the vice-versa. The best way to solve the premium ammo problem is to never need high penetration in the first place.

DomoSapien #6 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 19:47

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14012 battles
  • 686
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 05 2018 - 12:30, said:

Also, what's the point of Swedish medium tier 8 premiums when the swedish medium line only goes to tier 7?



FrozenKemp #7 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 20:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 50000 battles
  • 8,366
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostDockmaster, on Dec 05 2018 - 13:32, said:

These "WWII era" tanks are getting out of hand.

 

According to an old FTR blog post, it's from around 1950.  There are some photos in the post if anyone's interested:

 

http://ftr.wot-news....x-strv-lansen/ 

 

 

 

 

 

 


__WarChild__ #8 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 20:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24376 battles
  • 3,513
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

I personally think the Tier 7 Leo is one of the best looking tanks in the game.  Would be a shame to make me grind to it since I already have the Strv and the Primo Victoria...

 

:child:



haxmachine21 #9 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 20:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 13672 battles
  • 1,280
  • [XXII] XXII
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014
Holy crud.....the Leo got tired of having sand kicked in its face...105mm gun. Excellent speed, fast acceleration, and good HP pool, along with decent MT armor. Hax20 just said that a few tanks are going to be obsolete thanks to the Lansen.

YANKEE137 #10 Posted Dec 05 2018 - 20:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 11692 battles
  • 4,381
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

The Char Du Combat is going to throw a jealous French hissy.

 

 


Edited by YANKEE137, Dec 05 2018 - 21:17.


Lord_Magus #11 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 18:11

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 201 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    08-18-2016

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 05 2018 - 19:30, said:

The CDC can be seen crying in the corner...

 

 

Also, what's the point of Swedish medium tier 8 premiums when the swedish medium line only goes to tier 7?

 

Presumably because the Swedish mediums will go up to t10 soon.

AZandEL #12 Posted Dec 20 2018 - 05:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28457 battles
  • 591
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 05 2018 - 18:30, said:

The CDC can be seen crying in the corner...

 

 

Also, what's the point of Swedish medium tier 8 premiums when the swedish medium line only goes to tier 7?

 

The CDC is sooo what 2015? Once the terrorized the field - now I rarely see them.

AZandEL #13 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 03:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28457 battles
  • 591
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Dec 05 2018 - 18:19, said:

Tankers,

 

The Lansen C hits Supertest today!


The Lansen C is a Swedish Medium Tank. And get this: it goes really fast. The power-to-weight ratio is outstanding: 28.4 hp/ton with a top speed of 50km. While the top speed isn't anything to necessarily write home about on its own, the substantial power-to-weight ratio allows it to hit that top speed quickly and maintain it on soft ground. Additionally boasting solid firepower on a 10.5cm cannon with 320 average Alpha. While 320 Alpha is above average for a Tier VIII medium, its accuracy and aiming parameters prevent it from being a reliable sniper.

 

Coupled with the relatively low armor values, this will likely place the Lansen C into a Flex Support category, similar to mid-tiered US Mediums. On paper, I would liken the vehicle to a Tier VIII T20 with better mobility. You need to rely on your mobility and the excellent Gun Depression angle of -10 Degrees.

The vehicle will excel at claiming key map positions early, engaging in some active scouting, then flexing to another flank for support. The Lansen is a 'social' vehicle - it fares better in a pack than it does in one-on-one engagements, so laying down solid, punchy, mid-range supporting fire is the name of the game. As always, stats are subject to change based on testing.

Screenshots

And remember:


 

 

Whatever. After the raging dumpster fire that Leo is I sold that pos and refuse to go any further down it. Sell it to some other sucker. Swedes just another half baked line with junk grind tanks in it. Not worth the grief or winrate sink.




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users