PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (577 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

1. Voted I have absolutely no problem with artillery (326 votes [56.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.50%

2. Voted Arty is toxic and should be removed (212 votes [36.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.74%

3. I rage quit to arty often. (39 votes [6.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.76%

Vote Hide poll

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #121 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 01:26

Captain

• Players
  • 27976 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Dec 07 2018 - 08:19.

Akrotiri #122 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 01:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11728 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 06 2018 - 18:35, said:

I always love these threads because it gives me new people to add to my ignore list. You defend arty? I don't want to hear what you have to say, ever again.

Well I know I'm terribly wounded at the thought you might ignore me.  I now have to question whether my life is worth living.

Mikosah #123 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Even supposing we completely ignore all the arguments about arty being obnoxious, counterproductive, or incompatible with everything else, the far better question to ask is simply "Is arty necessary?" Is there anything it does that couldn't be accomplished much more efficiently and less obnoxiously than a simple call-in, AI-controlled attack aircraft, or by direct-fire howitzers like the KV-2?

Is there any reason at all that arty shouldn't be replaced by any of the above apart from the money and time players already spent on it?

RaynorShyne #124 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 01:47

Captain

• Players
  • 27796 battles

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 07:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

I don't think you're getting the trollish response you so desperately yearn for.

*I* like my game - just as it is

ProfessionalFinn #125 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 26656 battles

View Postthorus08, on Dec 06 2018 - 12:56, said:

Oh, I got the context you were posting with.  I just had to run with it.  A straight up 15v15 tier X SPG match wouldn't be as crazy as mixed tiers since many of the lower tier SPG's are at least a little more mobile.  If they occurred around the same % of the time as grand battles during a week, it would be quite a surprise.  

No doubt, that would be fun.  Imagine all Tier X SPGs on Himmelsdorf.  Sign me up.

the_Deadly_Bulb #126 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 28736 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post3nr0n, on Dec 06 2018 - 12:43, said:

If you whip a dead horse hard enough and long enough will it make horse meringue?

WhineMaker #127 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 39207 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostMikosah, on Dec 06 2018 - 16:41, said:

Even supposing we completely ignore all the arguments about arty being obnoxious, counterproductive, or incompatible with everything else, the far better question to ask is simply "Is arty necessary?" Is there anything it does that couldn't be accomplished much more efficiently and less obnoxiously than a simple call-in, AI-controlled attack aircraft, or by direct-fire howitzers like the KV-2?

Is there any reason at all that arty shouldn't be replaced by any of the above apart from the money and time players already spent on it?

Arty is here to balance the game...

So when are you releasing your arty free game? 

If not, you'll need to drastically increase your spending to offset the unwashed masses... :coin:

ProfessionalFinn #128 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 26656 battles

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:11, said:

The people defending arty are the same people that play arty 95% of the time. They have no idea what it's like to be clicked incessantly, which is why they have the warped views that they do. They're not purple or blue or green either, so when they DO break out their KV-1 once in a while, they're not focused out like those of us who have bothered to learn this game... So they are shielded by their incompetence. 

Oh my, another 95% statistic from an anti-arty type.  I, a pro-SPG Finn, play SPGS 5.7% (five point seven) of the time.  So to make this simple for you, I play tanks 94.3% of the time (no TDs)

Tell the truth pickpocket293, did you measure this from years of observation and experience or  just make it up?  

the_Deadly_Bulb #129 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:18

Major

• Players
  • 28736 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSovietMemeBear, on Dec 06 2018 - 16:26, said:

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Sure, he's repetitive and tedious, JUST LIKE ALL THE ARTY WHINE THREADS.

Honestly who gives a damn what you think?

I'm a realist.

I know you couldn't care less about what I think.

I know you hate arty, but play the game in spite of it so...

I know WG isn't going to make any further changes to arty, they've made that abundantly clear.

I know what abundant means.

:honoring:

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Dec 07 2018 - 08:20.

SnakePliskan #130 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 06 2018 - 23:11, said:

The people defending arty are the same people that play arty 95% of the time. They have no idea what it's like to be clicked incessantly, which is why they have the warped views that they do. They're not purple or blue or green either, so when they DO break out their KV-1 once in a while, they're not focused out like those of us who have bothered to learn this game... So they are shielded by their incompetence. 

This is the typical emotional post about arty. None of the statements in it have any basis in fact and the poster can not back up any of the statements with actual facts from an unbiased impartial recognized site. All this in the world is now called "fake news" that fact check would confirm as being worthless. Its a shame that people perpetuate unsubstantiated statements because the stupid in the world eat it up as a truth.

ProfessionalFinn #131 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 26656 battles

View PostMikosah, on Dec 06 2018 - 16:41, said:

No reason what-so-ever.   The infantile whining by these forum anti-arty masterminds will not influence WG.  WG is data-driven, knows the business and where it is headed.  Arty has been always been part of the equation from the get-go.  WG has gone on record to state the childish anti-arty hate is from a small minority.  WG has the data.  

Sorry to be so candid.  

ProfessionalFinn #132 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 26656 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Dec 06 2018 - 17:25, said:

This is the typical emotional post about arty. None of the statements in it have any basis in fact and the poster can not back up any of the statements with actual facts from an unbiased impartial recognized site. All this in the world is now called "fake news" that fact check would confirm as being worthless. Its a shame that people perpetuate unsubstantiated statements because the stupid in the world eat it up as a truth.

Don't worry.  Even a school child would reject his rubbish.

Farwalker2u2 #133 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25621 battles
Why not create an "Arty Free" server to allow for freedom of choice.  Stop forcing artificial constraints upon players.

ProfessionalFinn #134 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 26656 battles

View PostFarwalker2u2, on Dec 06 2018 - 17:36, said:

Why not create an "Arty Free" server to allow for freedom of choice.  Stop forcing artificial constraints upon players.

Isn't arty free a forced constraint?

How about this arty free server be the South American server?  

Edited by ProfessionalFinn, Dec 07 2018 - 02:40.

Farwalker2u2 #135 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25621 battles

View PostMikosah, on Dec 06 2018 - 19:41, said:

I submit that the issues is not whether arty is necessary, but whether arty is a fun, or entertain or constructive aspect of Wot?  In my opinion the answer is no.  threfore, the fair solution to arty is to have both a server with and without arty.  Let the players choose.

FREEDOM!

Edited by Farwalker2u2, Dec 07 2018 - 02:41.

ProfessionalFinn #136 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 26656 battles

View PostFarwalker2u2, on Dec 06 2018 - 17:41, said:

I submit that the issues is not whether arty is necessary, but whether arty is a fun, or entertain or constructive aspect of Wot?  In my opinion the answer is no.  threfore, the fair solution to arty is to have both a server with and without arty.  Let the players choose.

FREEDOM!

Blitz is your escape to freedom.  Arty free nirvana.

scHnuuudle_bop #137 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 21718 battles

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

BINGO,, give the man a cigar.

This explains almost perfectly. If you want to find a spot of advantage, from this position , say terrain coverage, and or remaining un-spotted . You choose to use this advantage to , spot, control a portion of the map, and, gasp, inflict damage upon your enemies. 

So, you are in the fantastic spot. You are aware that there will be up 15 players who DO NOT want you there? Not a single red player wants you there. As a matter of fact. There will be several red players who not only want you moved, but they want to occupy this spot. So they can have the advantage.

So, I will use my unique characteristics to "discourage" you from staying there. I will use my splash to stun you as much as possible. I may even invite my arty teammates to keep you stunned, for the rest of your game.

You will also, be discouraged from keeping your great spot, with a slow death of 1000 cuts,, with splash damage.

If you do not catch these clear and unmistakable clues, someone wants you to move. And you choose , all by yourself to stay. It is 100% your problem, zero to do with the game. You may think this is a 1 vs 1 tank game. You are wrong on both accounts, it is 15 vs 15, and it is a game based on armoured warfare. SPG's are armoured vehicles, just as are the soon to arrive, armoured cars. 

When I start a battle, myself and 14 others want you to "base camp". I will discourage you from parking and setting up a tent. Use whatever definition you wish. I do not want one form of camping, and want you to perform as the other definition. 

This is a spectacular result, artillery has to just appear on the battle list, and this players takes his gun right out of the game. What a great result. I want more like this guy on the red team. Do not even have to fire a shot.

Artillery adds a 3rd dimension to this game. It is here to create another challenge in a very complex game. It is not here to wreck things, it is too make things hard, on purpose.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Dec 07 2018 - 02:52.

Isola_di_Fano #138 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 24404 battles

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 06 2018 - 17:11, said:

1...The people defending arty are the same people that play arty 95% of the time.

2...They have no idea what it's like to be clicked incessantly, which is why they have the warped views that they do.

3...They're not purple or blue or green either, so when they DO break out their KV-1 once in a while, they're not focused out like those of us who have bothered to learn this game...

4...So they are shielded by their incompetence. 

I would like to see the source of your claims.

Your opinions, unless backed by numbers, are nothing more than ... opinions.

1...I defend arty as annoying as it is, and interestingly enough I played only 6.01% of my games as arty.

2...I am sometimes targeted relentlessly, my view is not warped.

3...I am somewhere in the green/blue zone last time I checked, I did learn the game and I am annoyed when targeted by arta but it is part of the game.

4...No need to insult a shetload of people.

Maybe you need a break from tonks to cool down a bit.

You would be surprised by how many blue and purple players I see playing the super good M44, M40/43, but I suppose that is all right in your book ?

Do you play any of those ?

SnakePliskan #139 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 02:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostIsola_di_Fano, on Dec 07 2018 - 02:50, said:

You would be surprised by how many blue and purple players I see playing the super OP M44, M12, M40/43, but I suppose that is al lright in your book ?

Oh wait ! Aren't those the one you play ?

The real reason so much arty posting is nothing but fabrication. There are many hypocrites on this topic. they will deflect what you said by the old I have to play arty for missions. You look at their stats its the same list of arty you wrote and it far exceeds the number of matches required to complete missions.

The only reason some blue/purple players I know don't play much arty is it can ruin their stats with its abysmal hit rate, damage rate, and when its down to 3 verses 6 they cant carry the match to a win in arty.

scHnuuudle_bop #140 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 03:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 21718 battles

I had another of those games. 

I watched as we had a VILLN player on the other team. He was among 5 heavies per side.

Picture Fishermans Bay, all 5 decide to take a shortcut (100% their fault, no one else's). All 5 get spotted.

I am single arty, tier 7 Brit. WIth my short range I moved into the middle and expected this common and daft mistake.

I tracked 2 of them. the VILLN heavy and other twice apiece, VILLN vanished using the magic of the S key.

This other fellow, I focused on him, not because of his stats, but because he made a stupid choice, got spotted, stayed, and got tracked and killed in 2 minutes. He didn't get to target anyone.

I kept him in place while my team feasted on his soul.

Well, I never heard from the VILLN guy,, who I absolutely focused on until he was smart enough to move somewhere else.

I heard a lot from this stupid heavy driver. He like so many others, makes an idiotic play, gets caught, and it is the games fault. It is not any game vehicles problem or fault, just the victim.

(remarkable part, I didn't realize til after the game, I had a platoon of 2 of his clan mates on my side. Never seen a single player get over 8600hp in damage.)

Getting smacked around should not be too surprising in a shooting game, and be prepared to pay for mistakes.  

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Dec 07 2018 - 03:07.

Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users