Jump to content


PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

  • Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (542 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

  1. I have absolutely no problem with artillery (307 votes [56.64%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 56.64%

  2. Arty is toxic and should be removed (197 votes [36.35%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.35%

  3. I rage quit to arty often. (38 votes [7.01%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.01%

Vote Hide poll

Stutz #181 Posted Dec 08 2018 - 21:56

    Private

  • Players
  • 5788 battles
  • 1
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    11-02-2011

View PostKatzeWolf, on Dec 06 2018 - 05:57, said:

Arty whiners are annoying, but so is arty.

 

Arty is supposed to be annoying.:teethhappy:

 



scHnuuudle_bop #182 Posted Dec 08 2018 - 22:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21233 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016

View PostChiapetofdoom, on Dec 08 2018 - 21:37, said:

 

BOTTOM LINE:

 

Artillery fire keeps people from going places. It makes some people relocate across an entire map just to avoid it. You can halt a ton of hesitant players in what little cover they can find instead of charging the open.

 

Is this good for overall gameplay? I'm not sure. While I enjoy helping my team hold out, it certainly does not stop people from simply taking cover. When there are 2-3 arty trained on the exit to a city or mesa edge, I don't know many people who want to go around that, especially if there are even 1-2 tanks to trade hp with as well.

 

Full disclosure, I believe arty promotes taking cover, and cautious game play. It narrowly defines where you can flank an enemy (hull down restricted to fighting around corners, etc.)

One arty per team would be plenty, just enough to aid someone if they cant pen a tank they are fighting, and desperately need help tracking and damaging them otherwise.

 

 just possibly sad realism.

 

 

 

 

This a pretty good description of the role of pretty well any other player, maintain map control, causing damage, forcing the enemy to retreat, even better force the enemy to retreat and hide.

Even better than that, getting the enemy to retreat just because there are certain player skill levels, or certain classes, in the match.

 

If a player can hold up an enemy rush until help arrives, single handed or in a trio. Is that a good or bad thing? Why would it be considered either? Does the distance matter? If it does matter, why?

Does the class matter?

A TD, more than 1/2 way across the map, hidden behind 3 bushes or more, no line of sight at all, but clear line of fire.

Or a self propelled artillery, often found just sitting in the open and ON a bush. no line of sight at all, but clear line of fire?

 

The only two differences,

The cannons. Only one has range limitations, that is artillery. And their ballistics arcs, artillery has its arc purposely exaggerated.

 

Second, the nature of what obscures the lines of sight. Generally artillery uses bushes, just as TD's, but "hard cover", terrain etc as cover becomes the only difference.

 

Neither can be targeted by the shots victim, due to no line of sight.

In both cases a self or team blind shot is the sole option.

And in both cases, due to no line of sight, either the victim or his team, must spot the protagonist to target them, using the magic of the red outline.

 

If one, or the other is bad, why?


Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Dec 08 2018 - 22:21.


Fireplace4 #183 Posted Dec 09 2018 - 16:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30697 battles
  • 522
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Dec 08 2018 - 16:14, said:

 

This a pretty good description of the role of pretty well any other player, maintain map control, causing damage, forcing the enemy to retreat, even better force the enemy to retreat and hide.

Even better than that, getting the enemy to retreat just because there are certain player skill levels, or certain classes, in the match.

 

If a player can hold up an enemy rush until help arrives, single handed or in a trio. Is that a good or bad thing? Why would it be considered either? Does the distance matter? If it does matter, why?

Does the class matter?

A TD, more than 1/2 way across the map, hidden behind 3 bushes or more, no line of sight at all, but clear line of fire.

Or a self propelled artillery, often found just sitting in the open and ON a bush. no line of sight at all, but clear line of fire?

 

The only two differences,

The cannons. Only one has range limitations, that is artillery. And their ballistics arcs, artillery has its arc purposely exaggerated.

 

Second, the nature of what obscures the lines of sight. Generally artillery uses bushes, just as TD's, but "hard cover", terrain etc as cover becomes the only difference.

 

Neither can be targeted by the shots victim, due to no line of sight.

In both cases a self or team blind shot is the sole option.

And in both cases, due to no line of sight, either the victim or his team, must spot the protagonist to target them, using the magic of the red outline.

 

If one, or the other is bad, why?

 

But that is not accurate. Just because you cannot see the TD does not mean you can't fire back. If a TD can shoot you then you can shoot him back while the same is NOT true with arty. Just line up your reticule with the damage marker from a TD and you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. You can't do anything about arty. Also, looking at the terrain and the cover available one can reasonably guess where a TD is hiding and what its angles of fire would be. This cannot be done with arty, which can redline camp all game firing over buildings with no way of predicting the shot until it comes, and no way of returning fire after you get hit. The problem with arty is that it is essentially invulnerable for the vast majority of the game (barring the uncommon instances where a light tank can sneak through the other sides lines). The only counter to arty is arty until the battle lines fall apart in the late game, however, there is no incentive for your team's arty to counter-battery fire. The reasons for this are that the chances of hitting aren't great, it takes a large amount of time waiting to find the tracer, the other arty does not have a lot of HP to give the arty in damage, and it leaves the heavy push on the enemy team with a distinct advantage against your teams heavy push.

Mojo_Riesing #184 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 01:19

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20170 battles
  • 1,542
  • [ACATS] ACATS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostFireplace4, on Dec 09 2018 - 07:44, said:

 

But that is not accurate. Just because you cannot see the TD does not mean you can't fire back. If a TD can shoot you then you can shoot him back while the same is NOT true with arty. Just line up your reticule with the damage marker from a TD and you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. You can't do anything about arty. Also, looking at the terrain and the cover available one can reasonably guess where a TD is hiding and what its angles of fire would be. This cannot be done with arty, which can redline camp all game firing over buildings with no way of predicting the shot until it comes, and no way of returning fire after you get hit. The problem with arty is that it is essentially invulnerable for the vast majority of the game (barring the uncommon instances where a light tank can sneak through the other sides lines). The only counter to arty is arty until the battle lines fall apart in the late game, however, there is no incentive for your team's arty to counter-battery fire. The reasons for this are that the chances of hitting aren't great, it takes a large amount of time waiting to find the tracer, the other arty does not have a lot of HP to give the arty in damage, and it leaves the heavy push on the enemy team with a distinct advantage against your teams heavy push.

 

I guess it's just ok to leave out that arty IS vulnerable to almost any tanks gun and arguably one of the functions of quick light tanks IS to hunt down arty (which really good light players do) and that arty has functionally almost no ability to defend itself against that or any attack.  You don't think other arty can one-shot other arty?

Seditious #185 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 07:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 216 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    12-24-2017

View PostChiapetofdoom, on Dec 08 2018 - 21:37, said:

 

SU-14-1 MAX CHEESE here. Check me, I play it far too often. I am not going to tell you to switch to blitz or something like that crap...

 

Admission first, then some possible options for people who are upset:

 

There is no denying in a tier 7 match maker that a 203mm, avg 1050 damage, 26 meter volcano explosion is not cheese as hell. Even smaller aoe can be cheese. You will not find cover on most maps to save you from that unless you go out of your way to cramp yourself against a large building or wall. I can still probably aoe the crap out of you there. Thankfully (not to me) some of the walls and buildings have been expanded. Most still do not line up perfectly enough for a bored arty player to simply try new spots or angles to mix up enemy teams.

 

I personally enjoyed what I considered a buff in the last arty change. Not only do I do more aoe, I stun more, and get more xp and credits from allies blasting enemies. I'm causing module damage, making people spend repair kits when my team will be happy knowing they can track them later without worry, etc.

 

OPTIONS (there are a few):

 

Try playing passive scouting lights some: A good arty will still nail you waiting for you to pop up in a location on your zipping around route. I passive scout a lot and if you move far enough forward in small tanks you can often find bushes and locales no one would assume you are in. Passive scouting is not trash, even if you are forced to fall back to your own line - your extensive view range will help spot for tank destroyers (whom hopefully know to fall back, fire, then move back up so they don't fire once and die...)

 

Play high camo tank destroyers. There are plenty around. Russia especially has lots of velveeta like the SU-152. I have stopped waves of enemy teams now and then just using that thing. Binocs and nets are your friends.

 

OTHERWISE:

 

Yes it sucks. Mediums have a chance when they dance around a lot. Heavies you just have to take it most the time. You are a piñata if you don't cling to cover.

Superheavies/doomturtle can often absorb the shots with little damage if rngjezuz is with you.

 

BOTTOM LINE:

 

Artillery fire keeps people from going places. It makes some people relocate across an entire map just to avoid it. You can halt a ton of hesitant players in what little cover they can find instead of charging the open.

 

Is this good for overall gameplay? I'm not sure. While I enjoy helping my team hold out, it certainly does not stop people from simply taking cover. When there are 2-3 arty trained on the exit to a city or mesa edge, I don't know many people who want to go around that, especially if there are even 1-2 tanks to trade hp with as well.

 

Full disclosure, I believe arty promotes taking cover, and cautious game play. It narrowly defines where you can flank an enemy (hull down restricted to fighting around corners, etc.)

One arty per team would be plenty, just enough to aid someone if they cant pen a tank they are fighting, and desperately need help tracking and damaging them otherwise.

 

No trolling intended in this post, just possibly sad realism.

 

Edit:typos because I'm a doofus.

 

 

Great post, +1'd

scHnuuudle_bop #186 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 07:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21233 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016

View PostFireplace4, on Dec 09 2018 - 16:44, said:

 

But that is not accurate. Just because you cannot see the TD does not mean you can't fire back. If a TD can shoot you then you can shoot him back while the same is NOT true with arty. Just line up your reticule with the damage marker from a TD and you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. You can't do anything about arty. Also, looking at the terrain and the cover available one can reasonably guess where a TD is hiding and what its angles of fire would be. This cannot be done with arty, which can redline camp all game firing over buildings with no way of predicting the shot until it comes, and no way of returning fire after you get hit. The problem with arty is that it is essentially invulnerable for the vast majority of the game (barring the uncommon instances where a light tank can sneak through the other sides lines). The only counter to arty is arty until the battle lines fall apart in the late game, however, there is no incentive for your team's arty to counter-battery fire. The reasons for this are that the chances of hitting aren't great, it takes a large amount of time waiting to find the tracer, the other arty does not have a lot of HP to give the arty in damage, and it leaves the heavy push on the enemy team with a distinct advantage against your teams heavy push.

 

How it it inaccurate?

 

 

"Just because you cannot see the TD does not mean you can't fire back. If a TD can shoot you then you can shoot him back while the same is NOT true with arty. ."

 

 

You cannot target either , nope sorry a total impossibility. A total myth, flat earth, big foot type , whoo hoo.

Total fiction, a blind shot is a blind shot is just another blind shot, with a very large  probability of a total miss. 

 

"you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. "  So. since this is your very very proud statement, lets see you prove this load a crud.

 

What a player can actually do, is use their knowledge, and then take, a very large, big, wild wild guess. It is nothing more, just an educated guess. Applies to every single shot received, all 5 classes. 

From that knowledge and the total guesswork, a victim can deduce the origin of that shot. A direction, map knowledge narrows it down, known locations narrows it further. Which side of that rock? 1/2 way up the hill or all the way, maybe he was in the nice spot just inline with that other great .place.

The only difference is lines of fire, the TD had direct, the arty had indirect. Nether of which can be targeted until spotted and nether of which may you be able to establish a line of fire. Both, teammates may be able to return fire. 

 

Replay or it never happens. If a player "knows what he is doing", like say yourself, you should have no problem capturing a few of these simple events. I would hazard a guess, to put this to bed, along with great credit to yourself. 3 recent or current example of you blind shooting a hidden enemy, without him being spotted. Based solely on you knowing what you are doing as well as info from hits recieved.

Sorry it is a laughable claim that you or anyone "you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. " 

 

Then , you will lots of examples of players asking for help. Please shoot at the bush on the C4 hill, much higher chance of another retaliating than yourself. Well, same applies, it is not always you who has that line of fire to shoot back, TD, tank or arty.

 

 

 


Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Dec 10 2018 - 07:46.


WhineMaker #187 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 07:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 38330 battles
  • 6,298
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 09 2018 - 20:27, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

 

#TheRageIsReal

 

I hate to be the one to inform you, there's not much that is fair. Expecting as much in a video game... :facepalm:

 

If arty is so bad, you have a few alternatives:

1) Uninstall

2) Play WoT Blitz for your arty free games, all the time

3) Design/develop/produce your own tank game, with the mechanics you desire

4) Deal with it

 

I find the best players to be difficult to hit consistently in arty. Those that believe they are good, come to the forums to whine and complain how arty is so unfair... 


Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Dec 10 2018 - 17:01.


Arclyte #188 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 08:05

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17768 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

Polls like this are the reason game forums have become a complete waste of time. Virtually everyone posting has terrible opinions. You don't even have to hover over their stats to know they're 45% morons.

 

Anyone with a shred of common sense and good opinions on what makes a healthy game can see Arty for what it is: obnoxious, annoying and unnecessary.

 

This game is on the decline, you can't afford to have 1 button noob machines pissing players off. Arty/Type 5/poopbarn need to be removed.



Ethan_Enjoys_CBT #189 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 09:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 15646 battles
  • 990
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    06-23-2014
I like how all the not so good players under-performers on this thread are defending such a broken mechanic cuz they probably can't play any other tank. That's just me tho...

Edited by KeepYourselfSnazzy_xD, Dec 10 2018 - 09:59.


VooDooKobra #190 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 14:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 10000 battles
  • 5,843
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostArclyte, on Dec 10 2018 - 00:05, said:

Polls like this are the reason game forums have become a complete waste of time. Virtually everyone posting has terrible opinions. You don't even have to hover over their stats to know they're 45% morons.

 

Anyone with a shred of common sense and good opinions on what makes a healthy game can see Arty for what it is: obnoxious, annoying and unnecessary.

 

This game is on the decline, you can't afford to have 1 button noob machines pissing players off. Arty/Type 5/poopbarn need to be removed.

 

yep the old anyone who doesnt agree with me is a moron and has terrible opinions tactic, its been so long since thats been used

 

View PostKeepYourselfSnazzy_xD, on Dec 10 2018 - 01:58, said:

I like how all the not so good players under-performers on this thread are defending such a broken mechanic cuz they probably can't play any other tank. That's just me tho...

 

actually i am not defending the mechanic, i am defending a players right to play whatever vehicle they choose to in a game that allows it without being bullied by those who do not approve.  


Edited by VooDooKobra, Dec 10 2018 - 14:44.


24cups #191 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 15:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 24502 battles
  • 4,177
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 06 2018 - 17:11, said:

 

The people defending arty are the same people that play arty 95% of the time. They have no idea what it's like to be clicked incessantly, which is why they have the warped views that they do. They're not purple or blue or green either, so when they DO break out their KV-1 once in a while, they're not focused out like those of us who have bothered to learn this game... So they are shielded by their incompetence. 

Your 5th most played tank is the M44. That's just a little hypocritical of you. 



24cups #192 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 15:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 24502 battles
  • 4,177
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View Post_Diogenes, on Dec 09 2018 - 23:27, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

I gotta give you props,  even if I don't agree with everything you say. 

You're the first anti-arty guy i've seen who really has ZERO games in arty. 


Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Dec 10 2018 - 17:02.


Fireplace4 #193 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 16:36

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30697 battles
  • 522
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Dec 09 2018 - 19:19, said:

 

I guess it's just ok to leave out that arty IS vulnerable to almost any tanks gun and arguably one of the functions of quick light tanks IS to hunt down arty (which really good light players do) and that arty has functionally almost no ability to defend itself against that or any attack.  You don't think other arty can one-shot other arty?

Yes arty is vulnerable to every gun... When it's spotted. I don't have any statistics but based on my own anecdotal evidence, drawn from my near 30k games the vast majority of games arty isn't targetted until the end of the game. Arty has the vast majority of the game where it can sit at the back without any danger of being shot at. If arty was made more vulnerable (maybe through position being revealed upon firing, or some other way) then of course I would agree that they would nees some sort of buff to survivability.

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Dec 10 2018 - 01:41, said:

 

How it it inaccurate?

 

 

"Just because you cannot see the TD does not mean you can't fire back. If a TD can shoot you then you can shoot him back while the same is NOT true with arty. ."

 

 

You cannot target either , nope sorry a total impossibility. A total myth, flat earth, big foot type , whoo hoo.

Total fiction, a blind shot is a blind shot is just another blind shot, with a very large  probability of a total miss. 

 

"you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. "  So. since this is your very very proud statement, lets see you prove this load a crud.

 

What a player can actually do, is use their knowledge, and then take, a very large, big, wild wild guess. It is nothing more, just an educated guess. Applies to every single shot received, all 5 classes. 

From that knowledge and the total guesswork, a victim can deduce the origin of that shot. A direction, map knowledge narrows it down, known locations narrows it further. Which side of that rock? 1/2 way up the hill or all the way, maybe he was in the nice spot just inline with that other great .place.

The only difference is lines of fire, the TD had direct, the arty had indirect. Nether of which can be targeted until spotted and nether of which may you be able to establish a line of fire. Both, teammates may be able to return fire. 

 

Replay or it never happens. If a player "knows what he is doing", like say yourself, you should have no problem capturing a few of these simple events. I would hazard a guess, to put this to bed, along with great credit to yourself. 3 recent or current example of you blind shooting a hidden enemy, without him being spotted. Based solely on you knowing what you are doing as well as info from hits recieved.

Sorry it is a laughable claim that you or anyone "you can generally hit him if you know what you are doing. " 

 

Then , you will lots of examples of players asking for help. Please shoot at the bush on the C4 hill, much higher chance of another retaliating than yourself. Well, same applies, it is not always you who has that line of fire to shoot back, TD, tank or arty.

 

 

 

Ask anyone who is good at this game (I am not good by the way, not trying to claim that I am) and they will tell you that they can pretty reliably hit blind shots on hidden TDs, I even hit 1 every couple of games (the situation doesn't arise all that often where I am hit without knowing where they were to begin with). Line up the damage marker with your reticule and all you have to do is guess the Y axis which generally isn't hard (look for the bushes). The problem I'm pointing out is that while TDs need a clear line of site to hit you while arty does not. A TD cannot hit you past render range or past buildings or rubble. It takes skill for a TD to avoid detection while firing, they have to be in a good position, pull back behind bushes. Arty does not need to use skill to avoid detection while firing for the vast majority of the game. They can just sit at the back of the map where no one can see them. When a TD shoots you then you ALWAYS have the OPPORTUNITY to shoot back at him. This is almost bever true with arty, you almost never have the OPPORTUNITY to shoot back



hardicon #194 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 16:55

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 54831 battles
  • 5,635
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010
When I get tired of getting hit by gold rounds I load up my Conqueror GC and drop Volkswagons on people.  It is good therapy.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #195 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 37052 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 20:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

 

Yet another "remove arty" poll failing miserably.  Face it.....the majority of players enjoy the game with arty.  Not only that, WG has stated MANY times that it will NEVER be removed.  Games without it are campy, dull, boring, and VERY predictable.  No thanks.  If you want easy mode WoT without arty, try WoT Blitz.  It's that simple.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #196 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 37052 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postel_mucho_dingdong, on Dec 06 2018 - 21:18, said:

And what do we have here? The green texted shill used 3 of his accounts to try to swing the poll.

 

 

WOW.....How PATHETIC can you get?



EmperorJuliusCaesar #197 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 37052 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostFireplace4, on Dec 06 2018 - 23:01, said:

I get it, people like arty and it's a part of the game. I accept that, but something needs to be done about the fact that they encourage camping, stifle any aggressive play, and are untouchable until late in the game.

 

I don't know exactly what should be done, maybe the square arty fired from gets lit up so players who weren't hit can get an idea of how to get safe? But the fact that arty can hit heviums for 1/4 to 1/3 of their health every 30 seconds from the complete opposite side of the map with 0 fear of retaliation is unacceptable. Most of the brawling points that define the map are open to arty fire with no way of getting arty safe meaning that you either need to suck it up and just take the hits hoping your team can push through before their arty kills you or hide behind the people actually engaging and use them as meat shields.

 

Arty does not, in its current form, encourage good gameplay.

 

Another solution, make it so arty cannot fire until it has aimed for 1-2 seconds. This would encourage tankers to stay mobile. In compensation for this maybe give arty slightly better accuracy (it's no fun to aim at something for 6 seconds and have your shell land nowhere near where you aimed).

 

And for those of you defending arty based on the fact that it focuses gopd players... You realize that mentality is anticompetitive right? You are saying that because you aren't good enough then the people who are should be punished. How about as soon as someone hits 2x their health in damage they immediately take damage at a rate of 1/16 their total health per 10 seconds? I know this is hyperbole, but I'm trying to stress how ridiculous it is to say that players should be punished for being good at the game. You want the good players to stop beating you and outplaying you? Learn the game, watch streams, watch youtube videos, look up armor models, try new strategies. It's how the good players got where they are, why shouldn't you have to strive for that? I'm not claiming to be good by any stretch of the imagination by the way.

 

TLDR: not a fan of arty, but I can accept people enjoy it and it is here to stay. However something needs to be done because it is a fundamentally broken class that does not encourage good gameplay.

"maybe the square arty fired from gets lit up so players who weren't hit can get an idea of how to get safe? "

 

This is already done by those that aren't too lazy to do it.....

 

"0 fear of retaliation"

 

Again, they do have fear of retaliation unless the enemy team is too lazy to ping their location for counter battery.

 

Arty works exactly AS DESIGNED AND INTENDED, that is by definition.....not broken.  Learn some English vocabulary perhaps?



EmperorJuliusCaesar #198 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 17:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 37052 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Dec 06 2018 - 23:08, said:

OMG I love Arty and play it more often now as it pisses off the Arty Whiners. :P

 

Guys, it's best that we all just run along before we start drowning in the ocean of tears that's been started.:bajan:

 

Life-jackets at the ready. Man the lifeboats. :arta::justwait::child:

 

EXACTLY.  Got the ConqGC loaded with full prem ready to go out for a spin.  Only thing I spam the prem in.....all because of the whining. 



Fireplace4 #199 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 18:05

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30697 battles
  • 522
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Dec 10 2018 - 11:41, said:

"maybe the square arty fired from gets lit up so players who weren't hit can get an idea of how to get safe? "

 

This is already done by those that aren't too lazy to do it.....

 

"0 fear of retaliation"

 

Again, they do have fear of retaliation unless the enemy team is too lazy to ping their location for counter battery.

 

Arty works exactly AS DESIGNED AND INTENDED, that is by definition.....not broken.  Learn some English vocabulary perhaps?

 

yeah but 90% of the time people don't do it or arty isn't paying any attention. All my numbers are just anecdotal but I haven't seen even 1 counter battery kill in the past 2 weeks. And you want to know why? Because it hurts the team to have your arty watching a square hoping to see a tracer for minutes on end (for some reasons arty tracers can't be seen every shot). If the other team's arty is stalling your heavy push while your arty is looking for theirs then their heavies will gain the upper hand. Also arty doesn't get enough damage from counterbattery to make it worth doing. I gave a suggestion, instead of trying to pick it apart maybe come up with a suggestion of your own or at least be constructive with your criticism. I'm sure my suggestion isn't the best, so help me arrive at a better one. WG has said multiple times arty is meant to discourage camping, focus on tanks who are holding powerful positions, and that arty is not at a place where they are happy with it. Since arty spends most of its time stalling pushes then it is NOT working as intended

StoveBolt54 #200 Posted Dec 10 2018 - 18:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 30273 battles
  • 1,404
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

woOt !

 

With the loot boxes this Christmas every one gets a French arty !







Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users