PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (577 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

1. Voted I have absolutely no problem with artillery (326 votes [56.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.50%

2. Voted Arty is toxic and should be removed (212 votes [36.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.74%

3. I rage quit to arty often. (39 votes [6.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.76%

Vote Hide poll

MightyBarbarian #241 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 04:55

Captain

• Players
  • 38579 battles
at this point, in 2018, most arty *haters* have left the game and went on with their lives. I dislike it, and accordingly i don't play much anymore.

Fresco26 #242 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 05:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42307 battles
#staysalty

CCCP_GDR #243 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 81665 battles

PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY  W H I N E R S !     Right now!

CheapWine #244 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 08:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19849 battles
The responses here from those defending arty seem to be similar to the responses to any post on this forum that expresses a concern or dislike for a feature of this game, those with the concern are shamed and told to leave the game.  While there are certainly a lot of nice people who play WOT I find myself constantly disappointed with just how nasty so many people are in this game and especially in this forum.

R_Razor #245 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 08:14

Captain

• Players
  • 8095 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostCheapWine, on Dec 12 2018 - 02:11, said:

The responses here from those defending arty seem to be similar to the responses to any post on this forum that expresses a concern or dislike for a feature of this game, those with the concern are shamed and told to leave the game.  While there are certainly a lot of nice people who play WOT I find myself constantly disappointed with just how nasty so many people are in this game and especially in this forum.

That's a product of internet anonymity, when one needn't fear losing teeth one tends to be a bit more feisty with ones mouth. It's not unique to WoT I assure you. 

Boz1968 #246 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 12:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44497 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 08:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

poll not going the way you thought it would?  Looks like arty whine is what needs to go away.

Harlott1 #247 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 12:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 4692 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
They should have never nerfed arty in the first place!

Norseskald #248 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 13:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22726 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD
lol i imagine the poll isnt going the way you wanted

EmperorJuliusCaesar #249 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 07 2018 - 00:35, said:

I always love these threads because it gives me new people to add to my ignore list. You defend arty? I don't want to hear what you have to say, ever again.

God forbid people enjoy and or love the game EXACTLY AS DESIGNED.....

EmperorJuliusCaesar #250 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 14:30

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Dec 07 2018 - 01:28, said:

Need more arty not less.  

More arty = more fun whether I am playing SPGs or not.

Just played another,  much less fun, almost arty free battle in my IS-4, screen shot below.

Yep....3 per battle, every battle please :-)

KatzeWolf #251 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 14:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30 battles
The fact that there are SO MANY arty whiners, is it really a non issue?

EmperorJuliusCaesar #252 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGeoMonster, on Dec 07 2018 - 01:30, said:

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Dec 06 2018 - 12:20, said:

Nothing new there.

George has Multiple Personality Disorder when it comes to forum polls.

He always votes early and often.

Even with his multiplicity of votes the first option is still way out front. :bush:

And don't forget that he has SEVEN accounts ... not all with the name PREDDY in them.  So, just figure he voted 7 times against Arty.  And when he gets 6 thumbs up, you know that those 6 are from his other accounts!

That is so......SAD....

EmperorJuliusCaesar #253 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 15:49

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTaggeth, on Dec 07 2018 - 02:35, said:

View PostMarkd73, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:17, said:

Looks like you have a minority opinion based on your unscientific poll

I noticed that too and find it hilarious.  "Ooohhhh, so toxic.  Oh wait, only 40% agree with me.  Yikes!  Time to move to Blitz and quit bothering the other players."

Sadly no....they'll keep whining and claiming "everyone hates arty" even though the arty whiners lose every single poll. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #254 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBackfire_, on Dec 07 2018 - 04:11, said:

Biased polls get us no where.

I don't think Arty really fits is role the best way it can at present and 3 per game isn't ideal.  I always advocate adding depth to the SPG class so they get more tactical options to consider during lengthy reloads.  Smoke to add camo to allies or flares to reduce camo of enemies would be very nice and really let good SPG players shine and influence the game.  That would be very welcome to a class that is currently so heavily dependent on the team.  3 SPGs in a game cause a bit too much overlap of stuns, wasted shots as things die with shells in the air and takes a lot of HP out of the battles.  Both when I'm playing arty and when I'm playing direct fire tanks I'd think limit 2 would work better provided it didn't significantly impact queue times.  Since heavies seem to wait longer than SPGs I'm inclined to think that it wouldn't make it that much longer (on NA at least).  I will say that my favorite games as an SPG are when I'm the only one on the team and yeah my favorite games as a non-spg are with no spgs.

I think those two changes would really help the games feel better for both arty players and non-arty players without even getting into damage/stun mechanics and values which would require a lot more fine tuning and be more likely to cause outcry from one side or the other.  If I got flare/smoke in SPGs I would gladly wait an extra 15 seconds to drop into battle, especially with the increased likelihood of more HP on the table to snag.

2 things happened when WG tried 2 per battle.  One arty queue times were way too long.  When players are using real money to buy boosters.....and can't get queue'd and much of their boost is wasted....why would those players continue buying boosters which helps support the game.

Second thing that happened is that there were far fewer battles without arty which WG wants for variety.

As it didn't work on 2 accounts, at the last WG Developer Q&A they said they weren't going to lower the limit from 3.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #255 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpickpocket293, on Dec 07 2018 - 05:11, said:

View PostSovietMemeBear, on Dec 06 2018 - 15:25, said:

So when I look at other MMO and class based games there are the damage dealers and the support/debuff classes. The support debuff classes might not be able to do any damage, but they are able to slow down the enemies damage dealing classes long enough for your own do weaken then. 

Lets use the CGC as an example. Currently a CGC can hit equal tier tanks for 500-600 damage reliably. This is equal(or greater) to many heavy tank guns in the game at tier 9/10. It can do so indirectly with no threat of return fire(outside of counter arty). It also debuffs the entire crew for 10-20 seconds depending, can inflict module damage to the tank, and can kill crew members on top of stunning them. It does all of this reliably. This is beyond just a debuff class. This can ruin the ability for a tanker to play the game. This is amplified if the enemy team has more then one piece of artillery. I do not understand how people can enjoy playing against this. Sure getting 1 shot was annoying, but dying a death of 1000 paper cuts while your crew and modules are damaged and destroyed is way less enjoyable. If WG wants Arty to be a debuff class then turn the alpha damage to 500 or less. Tier 10 arty shouldn't be able to hit for the same as a Type 5 HE and stun you. 

As for number of arty, I honestly think with the RoF of arty now, the stun and crew damage and increased splash 3 artillery has the ability to take a single tank they choose. Lock it down and slowly take turns pummeling it to death. I've been there, having 2-3 arty focus you all game is no more fun then getting 1 shot at the start. At least when you got one shot you can jump right into another match. You don't have to sit there and slowly lose hope. 2 arty max on the wider more open maps, 1 arty on smaller closed maps. But again thats my opinion. 

The people defending arty are the same people that play arty 95% of the time. They have no idea what it's like to be clicked incessantly, which is why they have the warped views that they do. They're not purple or blue or green either, so when they DO break out their KV-1 once in a while, they're not focused out like those of us who have bothered to learn this game... So they are shielded by their incompetence. 

Not all of the arty defenders are as such.  There's a purple here and there....and I myself have green recents.....and don't play arty much since my wife quite playing after the nerf.  Yet I love having 3 per battle.....sadly I play during NA off hours due to living on the other side of the globe and during those hours there's many battles without arty....and they are dull, boring, and VERY predictable.  I only wish we had far more arty players so we always have 3 per battle. 

But nice attempt to demean those that like arty as bads or only arty mains.  The posts by those that don't play it and by those with decent stats tell the truth and as usual, the arty haters are wrong....again.   The poll once again shows that arty whiners are the minority despite some logging into 7 alts in an attempt to win/make it look close.   So so so PATHETIC.....

EmperorJuliusCaesar #256 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postaggressive_napkin, on Dec 07 2018 - 07:21, said:

Time to play my arty all night.

Please do, far too many battles late night(your time) with no arties :-(

EmperorJuliusCaesar #257 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostFarwalker2u2, on Dec 07 2018 - 08:36, said:

Why not create an "Arty Free" server to allow for freedom of choice.  Stop forcing artificial constraints upon players.

For the same reason WG states there will never be an "opt-out" of battles with arty.  They stated the game was DESIGNED AROUND ARTY.....maps, tank armor etc.  The game was designed with arty which is why they've stated it will always be here.

You guys are gonna have to get over it, learn to play and deal with arty, or try Blitz or another game.  This one won't be dumbed down.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #258 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Dec 07 2018 - 08:49, said:

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

BINGO,, give the man a cigar.

This explains almost perfectly. If you want to find a spot of advantage, from this position , say terrain coverage, and or remaining un-spotted . You choose to use this advantage to , spot, control a portion of the map, and, gasp, inflict damage upon your enemies. 

So, you are in the fantastic spot. You are aware that there will be up 15 players who DO NOT want you there? Not a single red player wants you there. As a matter of fact. There will be several red players who not only want you moved, but they want to occupy this spot. So they can have the advantage.

So, I will use my unique characteristics to "discourage" you from staying there. I will use my splash to stun you as much as possible. I may even invite my arty teammates to keep you stunned, for the rest of your game.

You will also, be discouraged from keeping your great spot, with a slow death of 1000 cuts,, with splash damage.

If you do not catch these clear and unmistakable clues, someone wants you to move. And you choose , all by yourself to stay. It is 100% your problem, zero to do with the game. You may think this is a 1 vs 1 tank game. You are wrong on both accounts, it is 15 vs 15, and it is a game based on armoured warfare. SPG's are armoured vehicles, just as are the soon to arrive, armoured cars. 

When I start a battle, myself and 14 others want you to "base camp". I will discourage you from parking and setting up a tent. Use whatever definition you wish. I do not want one form of camping, and want you to perform as the other definition. 

This is a spectacular result, artillery has to just appear on the battle list, and this players takes his gun right out of the game. What a great result. I want more like this guy on the red team. Do not even have to fire a shot.

Artillery adds a 3rd dimension to this game. It is here to create another challenge in a very complex game. It is not here to wreck things, it is too make things hard, on purpose.

They don't get it, I don't think they ever will.  I see many just stubbornly sit in the same spot for much of the match taking many arty shots because they refuse to move.  I love it!!!

Sometimes they wait 30-60 seconds before popping back out but if it's a powerful spot, I'll wait, I can always tell who is going to move and who is going to be stubborn.....gotta love the stubborn ones....they make it easy :-)

EmperorJuliusCaesar #259 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostWtornado, on Dec 08 2018 - 01:52, said:

STEAM will be making lots of money at Christmas time with me with their X_MAS super specials!!!!.

Arty turns me away from investing in this game anymore completely

and it was an investment.

WG well their stocking will be empty.

New computer before spring too :)

You played 31 THOUSAND battles and bought 8 tier 8 prems.....I'd say they got a lot out of you.  So long, there will still be many of us here buying far more tier 8s than you will.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #260 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostPowerwise, on Dec 08 2018 - 07:36, said:

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 08:23, said:

Id' be OK with them removing it and compensating arty players accordingly. If anything arty promotes camping. 

They keep telling you guys repeatedly that will NEVER happen.  It's like you guys can't read or listen or something....???

Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users