Jump to content


PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

  • Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (539 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

  1. I have absolutely no problem with artillery (307 votes [56.96%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 56.96%

  2. Arty is toxic and should be removed (194 votes [35.99%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.99%

  3. I rage quit to arty often. (38 votes [7.05%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.05%

Vote Hide poll

EmperorJuliusCaesar #261 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 17:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 37049 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostStoveBolt54, on Dec 11 2018 - 00:13, said:

woOt !

 

With the loot boxes this Christmas every one gets a French arty !

 

I've been waiting for 3 years.....I don't care if it takes $300US, I'll finally have it......and the more arty whining I hear, the more I'll play it :-)   Same with my ConqGC.....usually only play it after hearing a bunch of whining, other than that, I kinda forget that it's there.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #262 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 17:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 37049 battles
  • 5,741
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostBoz1968, on Dec 12 2018 - 18:24, said:

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 08:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

 

poll not going the way you thought it would?  Looks like arty whine is what needs to go away.

 

And 7 are from the same guy....look at the vote list, the haters are using alts to try to make it look closer.....so PATHETIC.



BillT #263 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 18:04

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • 5,105
  • [F-3] F-3
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View PostCheapWine, on Dec 12 2018 - 02:11, said:

The responses here from those defending arty seem to be similar to the responses to any post on this forum that expresses a concern or dislike for a feature of this game, those with the concern are shamed and told to leave the game.  While there are certainly a lot of nice people who play WOT I find myself constantly disappointed with just how nasty so many people are in this game and especially in this forum.

 

This thread is titled "Please just remove arty". 

I play arty and enjoy it. I've spent lots of time and money earning my arty.  And now some guy wants to remove it from the game? Bull. He can either keep playing the game the way it has always been (with arty), or he should go find something else to do instead of ruining the game for me. 



the_Deadly_Bulb #264 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 18:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 27253 battles
  • 6,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostBillT, on Dec 12 2018 - 09:04, said:

 

This thread is titled "Please just remove arty". 

I play arty and enjoy it. I've spent lots of time and money earning my arty.  And now some guy wants to remove it from the game? Bull. He can either keep playing the game the way it has always been (with arty), or he should go find something else to do instead of ruining the game for me. 

 

I hear knitting is fun. :great:

mworthy #265 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11382 battles
  • 915
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
oh great this [edited]crapagain. Let me tell you something its annoying to get shot by arty, but its annoying to get shot by anything else so whats the problem. arty used to be able to one shot tanks and do more damage because at the time that was their job, originally they were supposed to be th queen of the battle but nope you screwed that up because "mah Heavy tank shouldnt be killed by anything", so WG made them into more support tanks, which is barely playable btw, even if they get rid of arty you will move on to saying "TDs are OP they need to be removed" for the exact same reason

24cups #266 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 24430 battles
  • 4,084
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013
Rather get hit by arty than the Fv4005.

scHnuuudle_bop #267 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 22:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20928 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016

View PostCheapWine, on Dec 12 2018 - 08:11, said:

The responses here from those defending arty seem to be similar to the responses to any post on this forum that expresses a concern or dislike for a feature of this game, those with the concern are shamed and told to leave the game.  While there are certainly a lot of nice people who play WOT I find myself constantly disappointed with just how nasty so many people are in this game and especially in this forum.

 

The pathetic rerun of the same juvenile threads such as this.

In those sickeningly frequent whines and snivels, it is made more and more and more obvious that no one is ever going to cave, and as a matter of fact.

The company repeats again and again and again, nothing is going to be removed. 

 

Blabbing on and on and on and on ,  about disliking a game and yet still playing it, shaming is the last of this persons problems. It proves the old point. Insanity is defined by doing something over and over, expecting different results.

There is no point in explaining why there are 5 classes,as most hang onto their sad thoughts. 

They insist something is broken, and their logic, broken for two reasons, others say it is, and I do not like it, ergo, it is broken.

 

Something that behaves exactly as it is designed cannot be broken, artillery operates precisely as intended. so it is not broken. Disliking something is not enough reason to remove it.

You do not like pickles on your burgers. How dare these people decide , because they hate pickles, no one else should get pickles.

 

What these people repeat endlessly. 

They hate 5 classes being in this game. They spent time and money to learn all about 4 of the 5 classes. They hate the 5th class because it it broken (see above), and is unfair and mean. They forget about this 3rd game dimension all the time and it makes THEM pay for their own errors. 

They freely admit that by complaining,  shows they  cannot learn, as they both froth during games, and then vent here again, expecting game changes, or even more laughable  Treated seriously.

 

This is a complex game. There are 5 classes, each with strengths and weaknesses. Some can see further, others bigger cannons, or faster loading, easier to hide or more armour. One has the ability of long range in-direct shots.  These are all built into this game, on purpose to create not distract from the complexity.

 

Each class has challenges in both playing with and against.

 

Those who mutter, frustrated because of an error. Vow to try harder and rise to the test have the excitement of the game to enjoy.

 

Those who spend all their time trying to get rid of something, rather than rising to it's challenge are missing an entire portion of the game, waste others time, and sound very sad here.

 

 

 

 

 

Block Quote

 

 


Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Dec 12 2018 - 22:36.


R_Razor #268 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 22:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8095 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Dec 12 2018 - 16:30, said:

 

The pathetic rerun of the same juvenile threads such as this.

In those sickeningly frequent whines and snivels, it is made more and more and more obvious that no one is ever going to cave, and as a matter of fact.

The company repeats again and again and again, nothing is going to be removed. 

 

Blabbing on and on and on and on ,  about disliking a game and yet still playing it, shaming is the last of this persons problems. It proves the old point. Insanity is defined by doing something over and over, expecting different results.

There is no point in explaining why there are 5 classes,as most hang onto their sad thoughts. 

They insist something is broken, and their logic, broken for two reasons, others say it is, and I do not like it, ergo, it is broken.

 

Something that behaves exactly as it is designed cannot be broken, artillery operates precisely as intended. so it is not broken. Disliking something is not enough reason to remove it.

You do not like pickles on your burgers. How dare these people decide , because they hate pickles, no one else should get pickles.

 

What these people repeat endlessly. 

They hate 5 classes being in this game. They spent time and money to learn all about 4 of the 5 classes. They hate the 5th class because it it broken (see above), and is unfair and mean. They forget about this 3rd game dimension all the time and it makes THEM pay for their own errors. 

They freely admit that by complaining,  shows they  cannot learn, as they both froth during games, and then vent here again, expecting game changes, or even more laughable  Treated seriously.

 

This is a complex game. There are 5 classes, each with strengths and weaknesses. Some can see further, others bigger cannons, or faster loading, easier to hide or more armour. One has the ability of long range in-direct shots.  These are all built into this game, on purpose to create not distract from the complexity.

 

Each class has challenges in both playing with and against.

 

Those who mutter, frustrated because of an error. Vow to try harder and rise to the test have the excitement of the game to enjoy.

 

Those who spend all their time trying to get rid of something, rather than rising to it's challenge are missing an entire portion of the game, waste others time, and sound very sad here.

 

 

 

 

 

Block Quote

 

 

 

6 classes...........the 5 you'd expect and Russian Hovertanks. 

ProfessionalFinn #269 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 14:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25793 battles
  • 2,107
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016
Another arty poll with the Groundhog Day result.  

Zeds_Tank #270 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 16:38

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21827 battles
  • 902
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Mar 02 2019 - 08:28, said:

Another arty poll with the Groundhog Day result.  

 

It's like some kind of disease. "If I just run a poll, my frustration will be validated. Most people must want arty gone. They must!"

gamagrass #271 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 16:58

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10905 battles
  • 372
  • [-STD-] -STD-
  • Member since:
    07-03-2015
I have no issue with it.    But i do for the gold spammers!

3nr0n #272 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 19:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22653 battles
  • 1,239
  • [1VETS] 1VETS
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
Spoiler


Bloodbeard #273 Posted Mar 02 2019 - 20:29

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 56779 battles
  • 59
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010

All tanks in game should be allowed to team kill the arty whiners! 

 

Sorry I was asleep/dreaming; was a good game thou. ;)

 

Where is that mute button? LOL  



Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr #274 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 23:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29603 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    06-08-2013

View PostShibadogdog, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:03, said:

 

FYI Arty were not added to reduce camping... arty are in the game for the same reason as every other class of tank. Its a warfare game about heavy weapons period they are part of the game take it or leave it. 

 

Wargaming literally made a video saying that arty was put in the game because of A. Camping, and B. I crapyou not, the is7.

 

Artillery is a stupid mechanic that should've been removed years ago. The way it is played makes no sence compared to how they fought in real life. At least Heavies, Mediums, Tank destroyers and Light tanks in this game play in a similar fashion to how they fought in WW2. Hell the M12 was used to take out Panzer 4s. 

 

Artillery apologists, which are either 40 year olds, seriously old men, children or very bad players need to shut up and listen to the players who actually know how to play this game correctly and have played this game for years CORRECTLY. Not playing this game for 6-7 years and sucking, which is how most arty players have been doing.

 

If artillery were to be removed from the game and those players where to be reimbursed the credits, gold, and crew tomorrow, not only would this game become actually active again, but players wouldn't contunue to leave. If the only arty players and arty apologists leave the game, goodbye, see ya, dont let the door hit you on the way out. This game is dying for multiple reasons, main reason because we have a company running this game buy a bunch of morons who suck at this game and do not listen to their own player base. But, the second reason, and it's pretty much tied for first, is artillery, You arty players have no arguments for artillery that make any sence besides "It's in the game, get over it" or "Yeah well your team has it too" or "You're just mad and crying" and blah blah blah blah blah WE. DONT. CARE. 

 

You remove the class and replace it with something else, like maybe half-tracked vehicles, this game will be so much better. Plus, when it comes to the arguments of one shot vs stun, THEIR BOTH GARBAGE. 



SEL_BGM #275 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 03:26

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9050 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016
Arty is the garbage collector of WOT's.  If you find yourself getting owned by arty all the time, you are part of the 75% of tanks that play arty stupid.  Without arty, WOT's becomes a one dimensional game.  WOT is a pay to win game and arty is the only thing that keeps terrible tanks from "winning.," and completely dominating,  by buying the super tanks and gold rounds.  Don't get me wrong, there is a part of WOT'sl management that would like to eliminate arty.  The problem is that within short order, the game would become so flat and unchallenging that the good players would get bored and stop playing (paying), and all that would be left is an ever decreasing pool of clueless tanks being dominated by other clueless tanks that are buying gold.

VooDooKobra #276 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 04:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 9859 battles
  • 5,701
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Mar 30 2019 - 15:28, said:

 

Wargaming literally made a video saying that arty was put in the game because of A. Camping, and B. I crapyou not, the is7.

 

Artillery is a stupid mechanic that should've been removed years ago. The way it is played makes no sence compared to how they fought in real life. At least Heavies, Mediums, Tank destroyers and Light tanks in this game play in a similar fashion to how they fought in WW2. Hell the M12 was used to take out Panzer 4s. 

 

Artillery apologists, which are either 40 year olds, seriously old men, children or very bad players need to shut up and listen to the players who actually know how to play this game correctly and have played this game for years CORRECTLY. Not playing this game for 6-7 years and sucking, which is how most arty players have been doing.

 

If artillery were to be removed from the game and those players where to be reimbursed the credits, gold, and crew tomorrow, not only would this game become actually active again, but players wouldn't contunue to leave. If the only arty players and arty apologists leave the game, goodbye, see ya, dont let the door hit you on the way out. This game is dying for multiple reasons, main reason because we have a company running this game buy a bunch of morons who suck at this game and do not listen to their own player base. But, the second reason, and it's pretty much tied for first, is artillery, You arty players have no arguments for artillery that make any sence besides "It's in the game, get over it" or "Yeah well your team has it too" or "You're just mad and crying" and blah blah blah blah blah WE. DONT. CARE. 

 

You remove the class and replace it with something else, like maybe half-tracked vehicles, this game will be so much better. Plus, when it comes to the arguments of one shot vs stun, THEIR BOTH GARBAGE. 

 

none of the vehicles make sense to how they fought in real life, telling others who differ in opinion to shut up?   any credibility you may have had in your argument is now gone.  oh and you made one typo, when you said they dont listen to their player base, you actually mean they dont listen to me and blindly do what my entitled mind wants.  if you really think players would not leave if they removed arty you are dreaming.  players will leave and i doubt you will get a larger number to return to balance it out.  and another thing its not that they dont know how to play their game correctly its that they don't play the game how you want them to and you can't handle that

fire_raven #277 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 04:52

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3548 battles
  • 517
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Mar 30 2019 - 14:28, said:

 

Wargaming literally made a video saying that arty was put in the game because of A. Camping, and B. I crapyou not, the is7.

 

Artillery is a stupid mechanic that should've been removed years ago. The way it is played makes no sence compared to how they fought in real life. At least Heavies, Mediums, Tank destroyers and Light tanks in this game play in a similar fashion to how they fought in WW2. Hell the M12 was used to take out Panzer 4s. 

 

Artillery apologists, which are either 40 year olds, seriously old men, children or very bad players need to shut up and listen to the players who actually know how to play this game correctly and have played this game for years CORRECTLY. Not playing this game for 6-7 years and sucking, which is how most arty players have been doing.

 

If artillery were to be removed from the game and those players where to be reimbursed the credits, gold, and crew tomorrow, not only would this game become actually active again, but players wouldn't contunue to leave. If the only arty players and arty apologists leave the game, goodbye, see ya, dont let the door hit you on the way out. This game is dying for multiple reasons, main reason because we have a company running this game buy a bunch of morons who suck at this game and do not listen to their own player base. But, the second reason, and it's pretty much tied for first, is artillery, You arty players have no arguments for artillery that make any sence besides "It's in the game, get over it" or "Yeah well your team has it too" or "You're just mad and crying" and blah blah blah blah blah WE. DONT. CARE. 

 

You remove the class and replace it with something else, like maybe half-tracked vehicles, this game will be so much better. Plus, when it comes to the arguments of one shot vs stun, THEIR BOTH GARBAGE. 

 

  How did I know an arty whiner would be a heavy tank player. You'd figure that as long as you've been in game and number of battles you'd learn to play better against arty. So why should we listen to an obviously bad player if you can't figure out how to avoid arty. I bet you are predictable as hell. Drive in a straight line, go to the same spots over and over, and when you get there, you rock your tank back and forth less than the length of your tank. And can't figure out why you keep getting hit. 
   Hell, I started when arty used to one-shot you and learned how to avoid it. I came back after years away and still know how to minimize arty on my tanks. Arty now is a joke and if you are having trouble with it, you are the problem. 

Otto_Weston #278 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 17:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 15104 battles
  • 381
  • [A-G-A] A-G-A
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
At this point, you might as ****ing well.
All the old arty players have long since given up on the game that keeps nerfing us, time and time again, kicking us in the balls whilst we're down and then pouring water on us. What's funny is that the 'stunning' mechanic change in exchange for reduced damage doesn't please anyone, the arty players or the receivers. 

Playing classic brought it into clear light for me. I loved the old arty and playing the current arty feels like trying to play a fiddle with broken strings. I think, if they restored the old arty mechanics but keep the 3 arty limit per side, things would be much improved for all involved. 

Failing that, if it's a choice of more nerfs or removal. Just get on with it and kill us off as a player base entirely. 

Canadian_Mano #279 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 17:39

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35817 battles
  • 508
  • Member since:
    01-29-2012

View PostOtto_Weston, on Apr 01 2019 - 12:36, said:

 Just get on with it and kill us off as a player base entirely. 

 

Yes.

SEL_BGM #280 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 18:18

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9050 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016

View PostOtto_Weston, on Apr 01 2019 - 11:36, said:

At this point, you might as ****ing well.
All the old arty players have long since given up on the game that keeps nerfing us, time and time again, kicking us in the balls whilst we're down and then pouring water on us. What's funny is that the 'stunning' mechanic change in exchange for reduced damage doesn't please anyone, the arty players or the receivers. 

Playing classic brought it into clear light for me. I loved the old arty and playing the current arty feels like trying to play a fiddle with broken strings. I think, if they restored the old arty mechanics but keep the 3 arty limit per side, things would be much improved for all involved. 

Failing that, if it's a choice of more nerfs or removal. Just get on with it and kill us off as a player base entirely. 

 

I agree Otto.  But people tend to forget that the "stunning"  was added to allow arty to make damage credit  by damage done by OTHERS to stunned targets.  It was meant to be compensation for the reduction of damage arty did.  Tanks were never really affected by the stun itself.  That was a complete and utter farce from the beginning.  But, these games cater to the least competent players.  This is the 75% of tankers that just want to drive their little cartoon tanks around and shoot at other tanks, or want to publicize their phony stats.  This group cries and whines through each game because arty is punishing them for playing stupidly.  So now to appease this group, WOT wants to FURTHER nerf arty.   Tankers often forget that the success of arty is almost completely dependent on the tanks.  "Why is their arty destroying us when ours is doing nothing?"  Well, it's because our tanks suck and theirs don't.   Your arty either is destroyed because you held no ground, being chased around, or you aren't spotting anything.  





Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users