PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (539 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

1. I have absolutely no problem with artillery (307 votes [56.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.96%

2. Arty is toxic and should be removed (194 votes [35.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.99%

3. I rage quit to arty often. (38 votes [7.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.05%

Vote Hide poll

Baron_Von_Cheeto #281 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 19:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 59254 battles
Stop crying about arty it is old. 

WhineMaker #282 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:01

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostBaron_Von_Cheeto, on Apr 01 2019 - 10:57, said:

Stop crying about arty it is old. 

But the suppositories aren't working anymore... :ohmy:

SteelRonin #283 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23489 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
Yes, remove arty

WhineMaker #284 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostSteelRonin, on Apr 01 2019 - 11:04, said:

Yes, remove arty

Can you say "WoT Blitz"? :child:

Sure you can... :great:

Stevenwt #285 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

View PostSEL_BGM, on Mar 31 2019 - 20:26, said:

Arty is the garbage collector of WOT's.  If you find yourself getting owned by arty all the time, you are part of the 75% of tanks that play arty stupid.  Without arty, WOT's becomes a one dimensional game.  WOT is a pay to win game and arty is the only thing that keeps terrible tanks from "winning.," and completely dominating,  by buying the super tanks and gold rounds.  Don't get me wrong, there is a part of WOT'sl management that would like to eliminate arty.  The problem is that within short order, the game would become so flat and unchallenging that the good players would get bored and stop playing (paying), and all that would be left is an ever decreasing pool of clueless tanks being dominated by other clueless tanks that are buying gold.

your replying to o thread from last year.

did it realy take this long for you to think up a coment, or are you into necro?

SteelRonin #286 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23489 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

View PostWhineMaker, on Apr 01 2019 - 16:17, said:

Can you say "WoT Blitz"? :child:

Sure you can... :great:

Learn to play with a Tank

H3llCat_ #287 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 22:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8337 battles

I hate arty as much as anyone but when I get hit I just say "Awwwww ,good for you" because I take solace in knowing that WG put arty in the game so handicap players can participate too ...Be it physically/mentally or ineptness ........Kind of an in game blue parking space....... and for that Wargaming should be commended......... Carry on....

MS1dog #288 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 00:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 416 battles
  • [C92] C92

Yet another "Remove Arty" poll that states the community doesn't want to remove arty.

When will you ever learn.

:arta:

CheapWine #289 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 02:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16701 battles
Arty makes the game less fun to play.  What else matters?  We will never know how many players quit due to arty but based on how many are vocal about their dislike of arty I think its safe to say its a sizable number.  Whether that number is huge or not WG doesn't seem to care one way or the other.  The boss at WG likes arty and anyone who doesn't can go pound sand.

scHnuuudle_bop #290 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 02:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 20943 battles

View PostCheapWine, on Apr 03 2019 - 02:14, said:

Arty makes the game less fun to play.  What else matters?  We will never know how many players quit due to arty but based on how many are vocal about their dislike of arty I think its safe to say its a sizable number.  Whether that number is huge or not WG doesn't seem to care one way or the other.  The boss at WG likes arty and anyone who doesn't can go pound sand.

You do understand, that artillery is here to make your game miserable.

Light tanks make slower tanks game miserable, heavies armour makes other tanks games miserable. Td's hiding in the bushes, farming damage when no one can target them in return, makes others games miserable. Armoured cars make others games miserable.

The fun is in the challenge to play, without being miserable. Since artillery was in the game way way way before you joined, it is you who has to adapt and figure out how to not be miserable.

Why does anyone play the game if they are miserable. Sounds like some form of insanity.

Here is a developer stating the intention of artillery.

https://thedailyboun...-qa-march-2019/

"Having it with stun in-game keeps players from grouping into packs and being inactive. It forces them to spread, change positions. Essentially, it makes the overall experience livelier due to its psychologically discouraging effect, stun and damage. That’s how it fulfills its design purpose. It needs to be toxic,"

Sorry, but people do not leave because of any class, and 90% of players own artillery, of them 80% play it regularly. (meaning not just missions).

The sale of the LeFH18B2, sort of shoots your argument in the foot. People who hate things, usually don't buy them (except morons like those who made last year, Nike's best year)

3bagsfull #291 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
Except you forgot misery loves company, and arty is nowhere to be found.   

Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr #292 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 29608 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 31 2019 - 22:13, said:

none of the vehicles make sense to how they fought in real life, telling others who differ in opinion to shut up?   any credibility you may have had in your argument is now gone.  oh and you made one typo, when you said they dont listen to their player base, you actually mean they dont listen to me and blindly do what my entitled mind wants.  if you really think players would not leave if they removed arty you are dreaming.  players will leave and i doubt you will get a larger number to return to balance it out.  and another thing its not that they dont know how to play their game correctly its that they don't play the game how you want them to and you can't handle that

"none of the vehicles make sense to how they fought in real life..." Are you kidding me? Coming from a player who not only is terrible at the game but knows very little about history. Do you know how many close quarter brawls there were back in WW2? Where Churchills faced Tigers? Where Shermans faced panthers? Shermans literally flanked panthers......they do that in this game as well. Not every tank battle in WW2 was a snipe off. TDs sat and sniped out targets. Light tanks were fast and agile because they SPOTTED INFANTRY AND TANKS. Artillery took out whatever at random, not just tanks which is why this game makes 0 sense when it comes to artillery. Next time make sure you know your history before you talk out of your rear.

"telling others who differ in opinion to shut up?   any credibility you may have had in your argument is now gone..." You completely misread what I said. Your recent wn8 is 500 and mine is over 2700. That is saying something when it comes to a GAME. This is not a tank simulator, you don't get to play a tank strategy game "however you want." 

"oh and you made one typo, when you said they dont listen to their player base, you actually mean they dont listen to me and blindly do what my entitled mind wants..." This game is dying. There are literal statistics proving that. I have lost dozens of friends that I've grown up with playing this game because of artillery. People are leaving this game because of artillery and other major problems. 

"if you really think players would not leave if they removed arty you are dreaming.  players will leave and i doubt you will get a larger number to return to balance it out.  and another thing its not that they dont know how to play their game correctly its that they don't play the game how you want them to and you can't handle that" Uh, no. This game is dying because of artillery and other problems with game. Plus, what are you talking about? "They dont play the game how you want them too?" Are you an idiot? This is a GAME. There is only one way to play this game, and that is the right way. You play certain classes certain ways. You look at the map, look at your tank and play your tank correctly on that map. I'm so sick of wargaming listening to players like you. 

signature.png

45_GrabHerBtP_45 #293 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 14197 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ

View Post1N73LL1G3NC3, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:03, said:

I personally have no problem playing with or against artillery in this game... I also play on the frontline as much as possible. I also have a brain.

you're also a rerolling [edited]who has never been XVM sniped, apparently.

WhineMaker #294 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 38016 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostSteelRonin, on Apr 01 2019 - 11:28, said:

Learn to play with a Tank

I play the game as WG designed their game and within the rules. Possibly, when you begin to pay my mortgage, insurance premiums, food and other costs, I may give your suggestion some thought. Until then, deal with it or go play WoT Blitz for your arty free games... 

View PostQuotheraven, on Apr 03 2019 - 12:50, said:

you're also a rerolling [edited]who has never been XVM sniped, apparently.

How do I XVM snipe, when I play a vanilla client? Is there a workaround I don't know about? Or is XVM sniping just a myth and something else to whine and snivel over? 

PJMC #295 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 22:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26957 battles
I full health one shot killed a platoon of two greenie stet pedder T67s with my leafblower. Had a real good T50 scouting. That is what arty is for and my new favorite kills. Still smiling...

Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr #296 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 22:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 29608 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Apr 03 2019 - 15:55, said:

I play the game as WG designed their game and within the rules. Possibly, when you begin to pay my mortgage, insurance premiums, food and other costs, I may give your suggestion some thought. Until then, deal with it or go play WoT Blitz for your arty free games... 

How do I XVM snipe, when I play a vanilla client? Is there a workaround I don't know about? Or is XVM sniping just a myth and something else to whine and snivel over? 

signature.png

I love when garbage players like yourself try to tell better players to deal with it. You don't play this game by the rules nor do you know how to barely play the game at all. 21k battles in artillery. No wonder you're gsrbage, you don't know how to play anything else XD. Go ahead and try to say that I'm crying and whining. I'll wait XD Plus, you playing without XVM doesn't mean every other artillery player doesn't use XVM. I'm met arty players who have told me straight up that they use XVM to snipe blue and unicum players

Edited by Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, Apr 03 2019 - 22:27.

Flarvin #297 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 54428 battles

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Apr 03 2019 - 16:25, said:

Go ahead and try to say that I'm crying and whining. I'll wait XD 

You are crying and whining . 

Rimrender #298 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 22:37

Captain

• Players
  • 8014 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY
Then don't play the game. If everyone who whines about it left, WG would be forced to adapt. That's unless the claims that "the majority of players hate artillery" is just hyperbole.

PJMC #299 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 23:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26957 battles

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Apr 03 2019 - 16:25, said:

I love when garbage players like yourself try to tell better players to deal with it. You don't play this game by the rules nor do you know how to barely play the game at all. 21k battles in artillery. No wonder you're gsrbage, you don't know how to play anything else XD. Go ahead and try to say that I'm crying and whining. I'll wait XD Plus, you playing without XVM doesn't mean every other artillery player doesn't use XVM. I'm met arty players who have told me straight up that they use XVM to snipe blue and unicum players

Garbage people need games like this to give themselves some false sense of superiority and the reason to call someone else garbage. I especially enjoy shooting those kind of people while playing arty.

Edited by PJMC, Apr 03 2019 - 23:54.

ProfessionalFinn #300 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 00:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 25796 battles

View PostCheapWine, on Apr 02 2019 - 17:14, said:

Despite rarely playing arty, I like arty.  Arty competition, arty teammates and yes, even the rare times I play SPGs.

Arty is great.

Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users