PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (575 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

1. Voted I have absolutely no problem with artillery (326 votes [56.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.70%

2. Voted Arty is toxic and should be removed (210 votes [36.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.52%

3. I rage quit to arty often. (39 votes [6.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

Vote Hide poll

XxDreadxX #301 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 04:05

Private

• Players
  • 13742 battles

View PostAltivoMaximus, on Dec 06 2018 - 13:23, said:

Arty was added to the game to reduce camping.. all I feel comfortable doing in any game with more then one arty is camp these days. If I'm on the front lines theirs a pretty good chance I'm losing at least a third of my HP to arty., especially in a medium. 

If WG is so [edited]worried about keeping the [edited]arty population of players playing, you might as well call is WorldofClickers because I'm getting close to just not playing until arty is removed or drastically changed... again. Why do we need the stun? just remove the stun and keep the damage where it is. I'm not upset for hitting for 300 in my tier 10 arty. why would i be? I'm sitting at the back of the map like a [edited].

Sometimes i wonder if you people who complain about Arty even play it. You used to be damn near one shot by Arty and now on my tier 10 arty i hit for like an average of 100-250 damage to sides or [edited]ends of tanks. Please tell me how we are supposed to support or suppress 8 heavy tanks rolling down one side of a map by hitting them for 100-250 damage with direct hits. You might get a high roll of 300 every once in a while. You people complaining either didn't play the game when Arty was truly OP and one shot people or you're just ignorant. People shouldn't have to grind 10 tiers to find out they hit for less than a tier 5 tank. I seem to have no trouble playing with 3 arty in games because i actually position myself behind things where they can't hit me. How do you ask? I play arty so i know where they can and can't shoot me. Sometimes i wonder if Arty players cried as much as you bad tankers if they would buff them.

Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr #302 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 07:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 30130 battles

View PostPJMC, on Apr 03 2019 - 17:52, said:

Garbage people need games like this to give themselves some false sense of superiority and the reason to call someone else garbage. I especially enjoy shooting those kind of people while playing arty.

Oh I love it. Number 1, I'm a surperior player than you are. Meaning that superiority is not false, it's true. Number 2, you're a bad player. Plain and simple. Maybe you should stop playing arty, and get better at the game. 

PJMC #303 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 11:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27286 battles

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Apr 04 2019 - 01:53, said:

Oh I love it. Number 1, I'm a surperior player than you are. Meaning that superiority is not false, it's true. Number 2, you're a bad player. Plain and simple. Maybe you should stop playing arty, and get better at the game. 

I'm doing SPG 15 T55a. You can help. All you have to do is die. You spelled that wrong though, you are more of a slurperior...

Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr #304 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 19:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 30130 battles

View PostPJMC, on Apr 04 2019 - 05:36, said:

I'm doing SPG 15 T55a. You can help. All you have to do is die. You spelled that wrong though, you are more of a slurperior...

I don't care what you are doing. You are playing a broken mechanic that should've been removed years ago and is killing this game. If they were to remove SPG missions this game would actually be playable. If they were to remove artillery as a whole, the arty players would leave and the players who left would come back.

WhineMaker #305 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 38605 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Apr 04 2019 - 10:39, said:

I don't care what you are doing. You are playing a broken mechanic that should've been removed years ago and is killing this game. If they were to remove SPG missions this game would actually be playable. If they were to remove artillery as a whole, the arty players would leave and the players who left would come back.

Must be terrible to having to play WG's game played as designed... :arta:

If you didn't know already, WG has an arty free tank game available to play for FREE, for those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :child:

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can... :great:

XxDreadxX #306 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 20:26

Private

• Players
  • 13742 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Apr 04 2019 - 18:49, said:

Must be terrible to having to play WG's game played as designed... :arta:

If you didn't know already, WG has an arty free tank game available to play for FREE, for those unable to handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :child:

Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can... :great:

^

PJMC #307 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 21:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27286 battles

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Apr 04 2019 - 13:39, said:

SpecialNeeds is a good descriptive for you. Seems that per the data in this thread, you're wrong. Arty has been in the game from the beginning and hasn't killed it yet.

scHnuuudle_bop #308 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 21:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 21469 battles

View PostMetal_SpecialNeedsShrddr, on Apr 03 2019 - 22:25, said:

signature.png

I love when garbage players like yourself try to tell better players to deal with it. You don't play this game by the rules nor do you know how to barely play the game at all. 21k battles in artillery. No wonder you're gsrbage, you don't know how to play anything else XD. Go ahead and try to say that I'm crying and whining. I'll wait XD Plus, you playing without XVM doesn't mean every other artillery player doesn't use XVM. I'm met arty players who have told me straight up that they use XVM to snipe blue and unicum players

You are crying and whining.

To start, you are loudly proclaiming something broken. 

Something that does exactly what it is designed to do, cannot be broken. Sort of the opposite. Just the fact you are here whining so loudly, implies it works. You are not supposed to have an easy game, and each time you press battle, expect 15 players , who do not want to let you have a good game. Every one of them wants your game ruined. What on earth do you think this game is?

Learning to play other tanks. Well, this is one of the strangest and really daft arguments. I mean, this takes the cake as one of the most incredibly stupid concepts ever.

Why do you think driving other vehicles make any difference at all? You get hit by artillery, and somehow with this moronic logic. Only someone who has mastered other vehicles should be able to shoot at you. So what, you know how to angle your armour to lower damage from SOME of the enemy. 4/5ths. That you present your side to artillery, and knowing that you are likely to continue. You are making yourself an inviting target, and it is your supposed skills at angling that causes you to get shot. Staying too long is camping, and artillery will discourage you from camping.

This is amazing in its brainlessness. If you are getting hit by anyone , artillery or otherwise. It is not the game, nor the other player. It is you, and you alone who is causing the damage. 

It is like saying that a footballer should not be able to score unless he has mastered the art of being a goaltender. 

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Apr 04 2019 - 21:18.

PJMC #309 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 21:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27286 battles

You guys heard about possible plans to remove names and stats pregame right?

It seems there are external comparator/database programs that can run outside of WOT that can take a snapshot of a team list at pregame and run it against a database for say 'arty focus fire', 'kill on sight' or perhaps a friends list.

I wonder how many people are putting themselves on that 'arty focus fire' list or perhaps worse...

scHnuuudle_bop #310 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 22:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 21469 battles

XVM focus is a myth. A small percentage have XVM installed to view this information. 

I have it installed, but I do not display players list in game, nor have the ranking displayed on over tank markers.

I shoot at the guys camping up front, damaging my team. They just happen to be those who are the better players. It isn't their ranking colour, it is their skill that causes focused fire.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, Apr 04 2019 - 22:28.

PJMC #311 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 23:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27286 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Apr 04 2019 - 16:25, said:

XVM focus is a myth. A small percentage have XVM installed to view this information. 

I have it installed, but I do not display players list in game, nor have the ranking displayed on over tank markers.

I shoot at the guys camping up front, damaging my team. They just happen to be those who are the better players. It isn't their ranking colour, it is their skill that causes focused fire.

I run XVM on the team lists only and play it just about like you. That information does change the way I play but like you I don't think anyone is gunning for goodies. It's amazing how intensely serious some people take a pixel tank game. 

RaynorShyne #312 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 27611 battles

View PostPJMC, on Apr 04 2019 - 16:43, said:

I run XVM on the team lists only and play it just about like you. That information does change the way I play but like you I don't think anyone is gunning for goodies. It's amazing how intensely serious some people take a pixel tank game. 

When this is all that some have - statistics is life.

Live outside of Mom's house for a day or two, pay a mortgage and put a kid through school - you'll see this for what it truly is - a momentary diversion.   

Sl33pyAlligat0r #313 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20004 battles
Return arty to full dmg, low splash, and limit to one per team per match.

TA_Reaper #314 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 40775 battles

After WOT stuck these it takes a miracle to kill one Clown cars into the game I will never [edited]about arty again. Ruin of the game, now you HAVE to camp, IF you hit the damn things they don't track, just keep moving at impossible speeds, and I have yet to ever see one miss an auto aim shot. EVER!!!

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #315 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7595 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

I'm starting to suspect that people [edited]about arty are just really bad at using it. They have some pretty weird ideas about how it works, eg. it can hit anywhere on the map. A tiny dip in the ground, or a biggish rock can protect you - if you think about the direction the shells are coming from. Arty shells don't fall directly from above!!! Arty is so inaccurate, and takes so long to land, a moving tank is very hard to hit; unless you drive in a straight line at steady speed like a wheenie. There are so few safe spots for arty to move to, once you see the direction shells are coming from, you know where the safe paths area. 

Just think about this, many SPGs have a traverse of 4 degrees, if they want to hit outside that zone they have to move, which makes the gun bloom to a point where they will have to spend 5sec + to aim - if they guessed the wrong spot for target destination, aim again. Assuming there is no terrain between them and the target that will block the shell. After a shot, 30 sec + reload when you can move to another safe spot .

If you are getting constantly hit by arty, just use your head for a second... It's pretty rare you HAVE to sit in the open.

Lowsmoke #316 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 19010 battles
Whaaaaaa keep crying freeloaders  Arty Rules  

cavalry11 #317 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49868 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Look at the poll losers. If they remove arty you will come up with something else to rage about. Just plain stupid.

RaynorShyne #318 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:36

Captain

• Players
  • 27611 battles

View PostMS1dog, on Apr 01 2019 - 17:18, said:

Yet another "Remove Arty" poll that states the community doesn't want to remove arty.

When will you ever learn.

:arta:

^ This

fire_raven #319 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:47

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3548 battles
 I use my hummel as my credit maker at the moment and one of the things that has done is show me the arty blindspots on all maps. Unless I get caught in the open or pinned somewhere, I rarely have that much trouble with arty. 
  BTW- when in doubt, maybe ask your arty players where the safe spots are on certain maps and where to avoid

ThatoneguyKaz #320 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 12:19

Captain

• Players
  • 20516 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Honestly. Just revert it to how it was. 

The stun mechanic is incredibly toxic, hugely demoralizing, and is far morw infuriating than being sent back to garage

Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users