PLEASE JUST REMOVE ARTY

artillery arty remove

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

Poll: How much to you hate ary (575 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about arty as it stands in WoT?

1. Voted I have absolutely no problem with artillery (326 votes [56.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.70%

2. Voted Arty is toxic and should be removed (210 votes [36.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.52%

3. I rage quit to arty often. (39 votes [6.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

Vote Hide poll

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #41 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 27806 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostVortexRikers, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:18, said:

No problem with arty.  If no one likes the stun, then let's put them all back to the way they were before the Great Arty Nerf and the newer ones accordingly.  I'm fine with that.

I would be fine with it going back to the way it was before. Back in the day if you got one shot, thats it games over move on to the next one. Sure you might be frustrated for a little bit but you will be in a new game faster. With the current damage, stun, kill crew member it just gets insanely frustrating to play after a while. If you get focused by 2-3 arty in a game its just not remotely enjoyable to play. 

VortexRikers #42 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2976 battles

....with the less load time and less aim time like it was before that nerf also.

GeoMonster #43 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36325 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 06 2018 - 09:17, said:

He's got a sweet bicycle tho...

I'll send some handlebar steamers to him for Christmas!!

shinglefoot #44 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:37

Major

• Players
  • 25072 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Dec 06 2018 - 11:34, said:

I'll send some handlebar steamers to him for Christmas!!

Make sure they're green!

el_mucho_dingdong #45 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:47

Captain

• Players
  • 23380 battles
  • [NCA] NCA

View Postshinglefoot, on Dec 06 2018 - 07:37, said:

Make sure they're green!

:trollface:

RakassanRaider #46 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29174 battles
  • [R_A_T] R_A_T
You guys can start doing what we do, get 3 Cromwells, go right after arty, they die fast, our team usually wins and Arty is pissed!!!  We have a channel on our teamspeak called Cromwell Crazy just for doing this lol

shinglefoot #47 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 25072 battles

View Postel_mucho_dingdong, on Dec 06 2018 - 11:47, said:

:trollface:

Sweeeeeeet

black_colt #48 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 4458 battles

View PostSovietMemeBear, on Dec 06 2018 - 07:21, said:

I would be fine with it going back to the way it was before. Back in the day if you got one shot, thats it games over move on to the next one. Sure you might be frustrated for a little bit but you will be in a new game faster. With the current damage, stun, kill crew member it just gets insanely frustrating to play after a while. If you get focused by 2-3 arty in a game its just not remotely enjoyable to play. 

So do you take advantage of the stun mechanic when it happens to the other team to damage/destroy that vehicle?

Mojo_Riesing #49 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 16:57

Captain

• Players
  • 20241 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

You know, i hear much the same kind of thing about golf.  Here you are, this GREAT BIG HUUUUGGEEe...golf course, and they make the holes you have to put the ball into SO TINY!  It's an outrage really.

Seriously, i run Arty Log (part of Aslain's Mods) and i never....EVER have total damage from arty over 10% of the total.  I get hit like...well, less than every game for sure. Stun damage is a fraction of my total time playing.

I think, if you don't like arty and it just ruins your game...you may be playing the WRONG game.  Arty has always been here.

Fireplace4 #50 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30771 battles

I get it, people like arty and it's a part of the game. I accept that, but something needs to be done about the fact that they encourage camping, stifle any aggressive play, and are untouchable until late in the game.

I don't know exactly what should be done, maybe the square arty fired from gets lit up so players who weren't hit can get an idea of how to get safe? But the fact that arty can hit heviums for 1/4 to 1/3 of their health every 30 seconds from the complete opposite side of the map with 0 fear of retaliation is unacceptable. Most of the brawling points that define the map are open to arty fire with no way of getting arty safe meaning that you either need to suck it up and just take the hits hoping your team can push through before their arty kills you or hide behind the people actually engaging and use them as meat shields.

Arty does not, in its current form, encourage good gameplay.

Another solution, make it so arty cannot fire until it has aimed for 1-2 seconds. This would encourage tankers to stay mobile. In compensation for this maybe give arty slightly better accuracy (it's no fun to aim at something for 6 seconds and have your shell land nowhere near where you aimed).

And for those of you defending arty based on the fact that it focuses gopd players... You realize that mentality is anticompetitive right? You are saying that because you aren't good enough then the people who are should be punished. How about as soon as someone hits 2x their health in damage they immediately take damage at a rate of 1/16 their total health per 10 seconds? I know this is hyperbole, but I'm trying to stress how ridiculous it is to say that players should be punished for being good at the game. You want the good players to stop beating you and outplaying you? Learn the game, watch streams, watch youtube videos, look up armor models, try new strategies. It's how the good players got where they are, why shouldn't you have to strive for that? I'm not claiming to be good by any stretch of the imagination by the way.

TLDR: not a fan of arty, but I can accept people enjoy it and it is here to stay. However something needs to be done because it is a fundamentally broken class that does not encourage good gameplay.

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #51 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:05

Captain

• Players
  • 27806 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:54, said:

So do you take advantage of the stun mechanic when it happens to the other team to damage/destroy that vehicle?

I just shoot tanks, I don't care if my team has artillery or not. 

PuddleSplasher #52 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 39430 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

OMG I love Arty and play it more often now as it pisses off the Arty Whiners. :P

Guys, it's best that we all just run along before we start drowning in the ocean of tears that's been started.:bajan:

Life-jackets at the ready. Man the lifeboats. :arta::justwait::child:

Tuturuuu #53 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15686 battles
  • [TDPOI] TDPOI
The worst thing about arty is the amount of b**ching it will *always* be causing in chat and these forums. 

gideon_an #54 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30331 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
For the people whining about arty.

Remember when people complained about not getting the Anniversary tank?
Remember how little sympathy anyone that didn't get the tank got?

You had over 4 years to deal with it. You got a free tank so stop whining about arty. :)

Edited by gideon_an, Dec 06 2018 - 17:25.

PuddleSplasher #55 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 39430 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

View PostTuturuuu, on Dec 06 2018 - 16:11, said:

The worst thing about arty is the amount of b**ching it will *always* be causing in chat and these forums. 

Hey, it's not the Arty that are [edited]but the sad [edited], butt hurt, bad players that cannot simply play a great wee tank. :arta::ohmy:

Echo_Saber #56 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 22164 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 06 2018 - 10:54, said:

I cannot recall a single time where a tank being stunned was the difference between me not shooting it and me shooting it.  

Arty just doesn't meaningfully contribute like that.  It just makes the game less fun for the guys who are getting permastunned AND hurt by something you cannot avoid.

Zeds_Tank #57 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21827 battles
Seems, based on votes, the title of this tread needs to clarify: "PLEASE DON'T REMOVE ARTY"

Payton_Goff #58 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 17:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1406 battles
if you want to play fun one shot arty go to the tier 3 bison

Canadian_Mano #59 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 18:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35992 battles

Personally, I love arty, because having it means it will be consistently rebalanced, IE made worse(because it's a bad gameplay mechanic), and that is pure justice. Nothing like seeing arty apologists come on to the forum to whine about their EZ mode tank being nerfed, like when it was limited to 5 per team, then 3, then economy change, then stun rebalance. It really is the best, because when people with 2 functioning braincells come on and hate arty, those apologists sure do come out! and man, what a deafening roar those 40%ers can make. Then when arty gets the shaft, and literally the entire playerbase rejoices, it's those subhuman arty apologists who come on and cry rivers.

BillT #60 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 18:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View PostYANKEE137, on Dec 06 2018 - 08:57, said:

The larger SPG's could also have siege mode to raise and lower their stabilizers.  Arty with stabilizers would be slower to relocate and it would offset their more massive shells. Would also limit their firing arcs because the entire vehicle could no longer just rotate in place.

Siege mode is a non-starter. Most people complain that arty just sits in one place and shoots, never having to move.  So why introduce a mechanic that discourages arty even more from moving? 

It also makes counterbattery fire too lethal.  Today, if you shoot in your SPG and don't move immediately, an enemy SPG can spot your tracer, aim in, and probably land a shell close enough to one-shot you.  But if you move immediately after each shot you can get far enough away that, barring a lucky shot, the worst he'll do is to splash you, and you can survive several of those. So as an SPG player you can be smart and reduce the effectiveness of CB fire to a manageable level.    But if you add a 5-second time to exit siege mode, the guy firing counterbattery has plenty of time to adjust his aim and get the shell down range before the target can move.  Lots of one-shot kills.  So as an SPG player, it's just Russian roulette.  Any time you shoot, you're going to die if the enemy is watching for your tracer, and there's nothing you can do to mitigate that risk.

Also, understand that WG has balanced arty's effect on the game to about where they want it.  Anything you do to reduce how effective arty is (like imposing setup times and traverse limits that reduce their damage per minute) will have to be balanced by increasing their effectiveness in other ways -- alpha damage, burst radius, rate of fire, or penetration.

Also tagged with artillery, arty, remove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users