• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Dockmaster #21 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43671 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Dec 06 2018 - 12:49, said:

Because instead of having a ton of people buy it at 50% off they'd rather have little buying it at 15% off. 

To be honest when they offered the 50% off annual premium I felt WG was on their last legs.

If it was such a success I would expect them to do it again.

Having made both statements what else can you get for $0.35 a day even at full price.

Fractured_Raptor #22 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 20:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22245 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostDockmaster, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:53, said:

To be honest when they offered the 50% off annual premium I felt WG was on their last legs.

Having made both statements what else can you get for $0.35 a day even at full price.

If it ticked during play time, or logged in time, and not while you're logged out I'd agree. 15% Would be more than enough. Since that isn't the case a lot of people don't agree with it or that's what I assume. 

TommyBuns #23 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15866 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 06 2018 - 09:29, said:

Howdy Tankers,

I am not going to lie.  Last year, I was expecting a 50% year of premium at this time because people said that's what Wargaming did the year before.  It didn't come Black Friday as some suggested, so folks said wait for the Advent Calendar.  Between BF and Advent, I received a 20% off coupon that I let expire.  Then the Advent Calendar gave this 15% deal and, with my 2017 entitlement raging, I was ANGRY!!  I wrote about my anger/frustration and all the reasons why not doing a 50% discount was stupid.  Then I swore off spending a dime and let the Lorraine pass on the Advent without purchase even though it was the 1 tank I really wanted.  I was determined to be F2P for the remainder of my WoT career...

Then this Christmas Tree thing happened and I saw some people that I trust talk about how awesome their boxes were.  I gave it a $25 try and won a Lorraine along with Gold and some PT.  I was hooked.  Bought some bigger packages and won all kinds of stuff, decorated the tree and had just the best time playing through the holidays.  With all the bonuses running, and playing my Lorraine a lot (and Type 59 and Patriot - all won), I made millions of credits and advanced crews very quickly.  Later in the early Spring, WG put a year of premium on sale for Gold that was a really good deal and so I used some of what I earned from the Christmas event to get it - it averaged out to around $50 for that Year of Premium.

I do not know why Wargaming chooses to disappoint during this time period.  Black Friday and Cyber Monday cater to a very select few. The Advent Calendar is for those who want something specific and don't mind a half___ discount for it.  But somehow, WG puts on their Santa hat with the holidays and that's when they are more than generous. Therefore, I am looking forward to update 1.3 next week and the upcoming tree.  In this regard, I hope you all are able to let your anger subside and enjoy the holidays along with some happy tanking.  It's a game and it's meant to be enjoyed (I have remind myself of this fact often).

Happy Holidays!

__WarChild__

YouTube: https://youtu.be/WcELzHIW4H4

Annnnndddd this is how addiction starts. Just be thankful you're not in some dirty alley, doing untold things, with strange creepy men to buy your allotment of crack for the day. 

Nunya_000 #24 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 21111 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
The 50% off of premium time happened only once.  It was unannounced....and very short lived (not even 24 hr, iirc).  Now it seems that everybody expects it to be a yearly thing. :facepalm:

BlaqWolf #25 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 21:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21512 battles
  • [5D] 5D
I'm just waiting for the boxes.
THEY were a very good deal, wallet speaking, last year.  I've set aside a little warchest for a reprise of it his year... just hope they don't fck us by taking out all of the potential vehicles that they had last year.  All I 'won' of those were a whole bunch of tier 1-3 crap tanks I already had and the type 59, which I already had.  So I came away with a good bit of gold which was easily the value put into the boxes and an entire warehouse full of consumables (most of which are still there, gathering dust).

__WarChild__ #26 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 21:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 26822 battles

View PostTommyBuns, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:18, said:

Annnnndddd this is how addiction starts. Just be thankful you're not in some dirty alley, doing untold things, with strange creepy men to buy your allotment of crack for the day. 

My therapist and I agree with you completely :great:

View PostNunya_000, on Dec 06 2018 - 14:22, said:

The 50% off of premium time happened only once.  It was unannounced....and very short lived (not even 24 hr, iirc).  Now it seems that everybody expects it to be a yearly thing. :facepalm:

I wasn't even here when that happened and I expect it every year.  Well, maybe just last year and only b/c other people said that's what WG would do. I did not expect it this year and WG didn't let me down.

I'm about to get a very cheap or free SU-130PM, so I'm not complaining.  :child:

Backfire_ #27 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 29804 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
Yeah I wouldn't expect 50% off ever again as I think they openly clarified that wasn't suppose to be a thing.  However 15% off is quite a bit lower than several random coupons they've handed out recently so that also isn't stellar.  I would have thought they'd do around 25-30% off.  Myself I'm just waiting on holiday boxes.  If they do those again I'll get quite a lot of bonus prem time.

golruul #28 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 22:25

Captain

• Players
  • 21805 battles

I was getting 500+ gold per dollar with last year's loot boxes.  Combine that with today's discounted 360 day premium time for gold = $42 for a year's worth of premium time.  Much better than $50 for a year.

Obviously it is actually a much better deal because I also got other things from the loot boxes.

G4A2SANDHOG #29 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 23:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3990 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

View PostDockmaster, on Dec 06 2018 - 20:53, said:

WoT Console has it every year so it must be a success or they wouldn't do it. I know on there just about everyone I know buys it. Can you say that on here for 15% on PC? 

View PostNunya_000, on Dec 06 2018 - 21:22, said:

Funny, WoT Console has done a lot of things wrong over the years, but one thing they get right EVERY Black Friday is 50% of 1 year of premium time. They are doing just fine...hmmm. Sounds like PC is just greedy. One day won't hurt their pockets that bad. They probably make more than a lot of AAA titles anyway with all their sales through out the year.

Tedsc #30 Posted Dec 06 2018 - 23:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 39230 battles

View Post_1204_, on Dec 06 2018 - 15:45, said:

Hit me with that consumable sale already!

I know. they haven't had a sale in way too long.  For bottom tier matches now I just even waste repair kits.  I don't have enough to spare anymore and probably not going to accomplish much in those battles anyway.

lifedemon #31 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 06:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 38987 battles
I bought the 50% off when they had it 2 years ago.  Haven't bought it since.  That is the amount I'm willing to pay for premium, no more.   

__WarChild__ #32 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 19:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 26822 battles

View Postlifedemon, on Dec 06 2018 - 23:11, said:

I bought the 50% off when they had it 2 years ago.  Haven't bought it since.  That is the amount I'm willing to pay for premium, no more.   

I agree with this statement. :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users